CB Gary Simon's top 3

datcaneguy

Senior
Says that he's thinking about coming down for a visit, but will wait and see if Miami sets him up one
Says they offered him and like him to come play with his teammate Rayshawn Jenkins...Says Jenkins wants him at Miami
His only visits set-up are Arkansas and Iowa State
His top three are Ohio State, UM, and Arkansas and says there all pretty much even
says that assuming that he sets up a Um visit he will be looking closely at the education at Miami...Says he looking at that first along with business and law that he;ll be studying
Says he doesn't know much about Miami but is looking foward to learning more

Advertisement
never heard of him. but thanks for posting. glad to see we have some fallback plans.

I've read grades with him are kind of ****...not sure to the legitimacy of that, but that's the word.

A sign and place type kid.

I kinda liked his film. The kid is rawer than uncooked steak...I mean, technique wasn't there, but the kid is high end athletic...and I'll take a Florida athlete every time.

I've heard he is 4 star type talent, but is under recruited due to some very bad grades. Let's hope we can get his grades good enough to prep and come in January.

Advertisement
Soooooo, he wants to come to UM bc of the business and Law programs, yet the rumor is that he has bad grades? Doesn't add up.

FYI, you can't get bad grades at Admiral Farragut. I grew up a few miles from the school and had many friends that went there. If you even get a 2.0 in a semester you are on academic probation. 2.0 another semester you are gone, shipped to Boca Ciega. And one of my friends was on athletic scholarship as well, it's even stricter for those students IIRC.

Did some googling and saw on the Tennessee board someone saying he got a qualifying ACT score and that's why his recruiting has picked up.

Let's hope, kid looks like a player

He doesn't go to Admiral Farragut. The article doesn't claime Rayshawn and he to be teammates, but claims they are both from St. Petersburg (Simon goes to Gibbs).

As for him as a prospect, I am a huge fan. I think potential wise he is right up there with Howard and Bush. Watching his film and reading up on him honestly reminds me of Jeremy Davis.

He may be raw as to technique wise at DB, but he is 6'1, claims a 44 in. vertical, a 4.4 40, had seven interceptions on the year, and supposedly averages 28 ppg for his bball team.
Dude is an athletic freak. If you have a rivals sub, you can see some of his jr film on there.

Here is an excerpt from a recent Canesport article:

Simon's high school coach, Antonio Knox, says any program that lands Simon will have a superstar on its hands.

"He's got the intangibles, has some of the best ball skills I've seen for a high school kid," said Knox, who previously coached at Tuskegee University. "I even compare him to a Patrick Peterson. Patrick was more strong upper body, but this kid's awareness and ball skill set that he has ... when I look at him and see what he's done this year, he looks like a kid that can be a top five draft pick easy. This kid's got a 44-inch vertical jump. And he uses that to the best of his ability. This year I put him on the best receiver every game and he only had 11 balls caught on him.

"We had our QB go down with an ACL, we put (Simon) there and he was five-for-six for 145 yards and three touchdowns. His final game he returned a kickoff 75 yards, another 95 yards, had nine catches for 112 yards and two touchdowns. And he defended the best receiver that Largo had to no catches."

Advertisement
He doesn't go to Admiral Farragut. The article doesn't claime Rayshawn and he to be teammates, but claims they are both from St. Petersburg (Simon goes to Gibbs).

As for him as a prospect, I am a huge fan. I think potential wise he is right up there with Howard and Bush. Watching his film and reading up on him honestly reminds me of Jeremy Davis.

He may be raw as to technique wise at DB, but he is 6'1, claims a 44 in. vertical, a 4.4 40, had seven interceptions on the year, and supposedly averages 28 ppg for his bball team.
Dude is an athletic freak. If you have a rivals sub, you can see some of his jr film on there.

Here is an excerpt from a recent Canesport article:

Simon's high school coach, Antonio Knox, says any program that lands Simon will have a superstar on its hands.

"He's got the intangibles, has some of the best ball skills I've seen for a high school kid," said Knox, who previously coached at Tuskegee University. "I even compare him to a Patrick Peterson. Patrick was more strong upper body, but this kid's awareness and ball skill set that he has ... when I look at him and see what he's done this year, he looks like a kid that can be a top five draft pick easy. This kid's got a 44-inch vertical jump. And he uses that to the best of his ability. This year I put him on the best receiver every game and he only had 11 balls caught on him.

"We had our QB go down with an ACL, we put (Simon) there and he was five-for-six for 145 yards and three touchdowns. His final game he returned a kickoff 75 yards, another 95 yards, had nine catches for 112 yards and two touchdowns. And he defended the best receiver that Largo had to no catches."

i know thats probably not much more than corch talk...

but hot **** thats pretty impressive

his coach would make one **** of a used car salesman. He has me sold on this kid.

Love the athleticism on his clips. Elite physical tools. If we could snag both he & Bush that'd be outstanding.

Advertisement
From Tos:

Given Simon's ideal set of measurables and impressive ball skills he may be a guy that ends up on defense as a cornerback, but has equal production on offense as a wide receiver. He is tall, long and wiry. He runs well, deceptively quick and displays some acceleration qualities that we like. Offensively, he is ultra-competitive in jump ball and contested match-ups and he has very good speed and adequate explosiveness for his size. He can play inside or outside and is just as effective versus man coverage as he is zone. He is pretty smooth and fluid, can accelerate and build momentum quickly. Displays outstanding hands and ball skills. Can consistently catch over his head, high points the ball well and we see this on defense too. Strong hands to pluck in traffic. Can snatch the ball on the run with very little wasted motion. Extends well outside his frame and has very long arms. Defensively, you love his size and range to be a guy that can get in the face of WRs and press them and re-route at the line. Can get high in the pedal which is concerning, but shows fairly smooth hips and the ability to transition. He can match-up with taller receivers in the redzone and he competes for the football. Can plant and drive when playing off and you like his willingness and toughness to insert in run support. Could also become a possible safety candidate. Simon is raw in his methods and technique, but he has talent, size, runs adequately well and shows elusiveness and quick feet in his change-of-direction. We like him as an overall athlete and feel his stock will rise as a senior.

Might make sense on O, since we can't afford to 'shirt any athletes that can ball, and he's way raw as a cb.

Advertisement
I asked about this kid the other Day.... I was wondering why we weren't staying on this kid. His looks like he's a poor man's T.howard. I'd take him in a second. Sign and place if needed. Better than taking some plan Cs at this point.

JC

Advertisement
Back