Carson Beck Talks Miami And Relationship With Enos

View as article
Advertisement
Mullen who coached Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott, and Nick Fitzgerald is not tied to Qb development, but Enos has a real Qb track record -
Who would that track record consist of ?
Everyone you just mention is JAG

Look, I hate UF, but to say Mullen doesn’t have a track record of developing QBs is just wishful thinking.

Alex Smith - successful NFL QB
Chris Leak - National champion
Tim Tebow - Heisman winner, two time national champion
Dak Prescott - solid NFL starter

I’m sorry but That’s pretty **** good. We can hate them and recognize that we are up against some good coaches at the same time.
Weird first post, fam.

Advertisement
Look, I hate UF, but to say Mullen doesn’t have a track record of developing QBs is just wishful thinking.

Alex Smith - successful NFL QB
Chris Leak - National champion
Tim Tebow - Heisman winner, two time national champion
Dak Prescott - solid NFL starter

I’m sorry but That’s pretty **** good. We can hate them and recognize that we are up against some good coaches at the same time.
Perfect example of why we need downvotes back

Advertisement
Advertisement
The UF rep to The Athletic had a lengthy article today about Beck and Anthony Richardson, the QB who just decommitted from UF. The feeling coming out of UA Camp in Orlando today is they were by far the two best Qbs. Both are saying the same thing: they want to be sure they make the right choice. UGA offered Richardson immediately after he decommitted. Richardson intends to look around - mentioned he is interested in Miami but hasn't had contact from anyone.

UF wants 2 QBs in 2020 class. UF has Franks, Trask, Emory Jones and their 2019 signee. The thinking is Trask will probably leave after spring if he doesn't get at least the backup job. UF plan is for Emory Jones to be the future if Franks leaves next year or Jones beats him out.

This is what Beck said UF is telling him:

If Beck were to choose Florida, he said he was told that the plan for him would be to play four games and redshirt as a freshman, then compete and work his way up the depth chart.

He didn't seem to care about the redshirt conversation..... This doesn't sound any different from what could happen at Miami....

Advertisement
I'm Canadian brother, so it's correct for me. But I appreciate your contribution to the board. We need someone correcting that stuff around here.
Parenthetical to the content of this discussion, I'd like to see us going back to Canada to pull the occasional recruit. Canada treated us well in the late 90s/early 2000s with guys like Richard Mercier, Brett Romberg, Sherko Haji-Rasouli and Joe McGrath. Anything we can do to bolster our OL recruiting is worth doing.

Maybe we get this kid, maybe we don't, but what we shouldn't do is put all our eggs in one basket.

2020 has a lot of QB's this class, we won't live or die with just one guy this early in the process.

If we do get him then great, if not, hopefully Enos takes a look at Marsh at Central or goes back into Texas to find another. Either way I'm not worried about it now that we finally have a legit QB Coach/OC to run a real offense.

The UF rep to The Athletic had a lengthy article today about Beck and Anthony Richardson, the QB who just decommitted from UF. The feeling coming out of UA Camp in Orlando today is they were by far the two best Qbs. Both are saying the same thing: they want to be sure they make the right choice. UGA offered Richardson immediately after he decommitted. Richardson intends to look around - mentioned he is interested in Miami but hasn't had contact from anyone.

UF wants 2 QBs in 2020 class. UF has Franks, Trask, Emory Jones and their 2019 signee. The thinking is Trask will probably leave after spring if he doesn't get at least the backup job. UF plan is for Emory Jones to be the future if Franks leaves next year or Jones beats him out.

This is what Beck said UF is telling him:

If Beck were to choose Florida, he said he was told that the plan for him would be to play four games and redshirt as a freshman, then compete and work his way up the depth chart.

He didn't seem to care about the redshirt conversation..... This doesn't sound any different from what could happen at Miami....
Not much but I promise you this staff replaced play 4 games and redshirt with “You’re going to compete for the job because that’s what we do here. No job is ever safe.” Or something in that vicinity.

Maybe we get this kid, maybe we don't, but what we shouldn't do is put all our eggs in one basket.

2020 has a lot of QB's this class, we won't live or die with just one guy this early in the process.

If we do get him then great, if not, hopefully Enos goes back into Texas to find another. Either way I'm not worried about now that we have a legit QB Coach/OC to run a real offense.
He’s not. Plan B is Tee Webb from GA...already announced by Ivins.

Advertisement
Back