Carol City's Fenton is one to watch

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 Carol City cornerback Rashad Fenton (6-175) was one of the many talented players at the South Florida Express tryouts on Saturday afternoon. Fenton knew he had to bring his A-game.

“Miami, Florida has a lot of competition so you just have to be hungry and step up to the plate,” said Fenton.

Fenton spent his first two years of high school at Norland before his 6-interception season at Carol City as a junior.

“It’s a good feeling after sitting on the bench for two years to get on the field and accomplish what I was able to do.”

The junior’s success has not gone unnoticed by major college programs.

“Miami and Virginia Tech have offered. I have USF and UCF keeping in contact with me too. As a child, my brother always liked Virginia Tech so I liked them because of him.”

Miami is a school that Fenton will consider heavily.

“It’s home and it feels good when you can compete in front of all your friends. Miami is a good school and a lot of NFL players are from there so I need to keep that in my mind.”

Fenton will familiarize himself with the Miami campus next week.

“I will be at the junior day on the 26th.”

Advertisement
Get to know the name. In my opinion, he is on the same level as Jaquan Johnson, Tim Irvin, the McFaddens, Burgess-Becker, Ridley, and Cole.

Appreciate the info, Pete.

Here's his highlight video for those who haven't seen it yet:

[video=youtube;RAIadNrYd50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAIadNrYd50[/video]

Sounds Like Mr. Fenton will be one to keep our eyes on for the next year. Love to have him at the U and be a part of the Hurricane family.

Advertisement
On his 247 profile he has a bunch of pictures in FSpugh gear. Is there any connection and what would happen if they offered?

Also on his ESPN profile he has really pedestrian measureables. (4.76 40, 4.85 shuttle, 27.8 vert, 61 SPARQ) Are those old or are they accurate?

I would take a strong look at his footwork and and quickness during the junior day. I wouldn't put him on the same level as Irvin and Jaquan yet, but he is quite talented.

Advertisement
I would take a strong look at his footwork and and quickness during the junior day. I wouldn't put him on the same level as Irvin and Jaquan yet, but he is quite talented.

Junior day is not a camp. They just get around campus and usually go to a basketball game.

Advertisement
Back