Can't believe Georgia ******* Tech

I don't know. I think its fair to say that these kids were winners coming in. However all kids (generally) are winners if they are getting recruited to play D1 college ball.

Just something to chew on that I've been mulling over. I think its possible that way back in the coker era. Towards the end. A sort of disease grew into the program. Its possible that a group of guys came in and lived off of the success of the 01/02 guys. A disease that went on for years and claimed some good kids and a few coaches.

Nothing first hand but always heard stories from people and some ex players that there were some guys that just didn't put in the work or do things the coaches wanted. The 01 team did all of the extras. Its possible that the guys that rotated in afterwards did not. Some of you remember us complaining that one of the things that Coker did was star chase. He went all over bringing in guys that scored great but weren't nec. miami mentality. Could that have been the beginning of it? Also, consider that its not something any of us would see. Think highly touted recruits that came in and were generally productive but weren't committed to the whole team and doing the "Alabama/Clemson" type routine. Thus never getting themselves and the team to that next level. They would sort of quietly erode the program from within.

Football is unique in that so many people have to function so perfectly and so consistently for you to achieve success. Something like the above going on for so long could be one of the major reasons why we got to where we got. Other issues are to blame as well. However, I dont think this one gets its due discussion.

The issue I'm picking at is maybe this coaching staff is just going about the business of playing doctor before coach. I know we sit here and say just run these plays its so obvious. However, its possible that so much deconstruction and reconstruction has/had to go on that there is only so much time in day/week/month.

One of the hardest things to do in life is to cast off the teaching of those before you and venture out on your own. Be it your parents or friends. Not everyone in life is cut out to be a leader. If our team room has been filled with followers that have been led by a few bad guys that's something that can get passed down over and over. If your teammates aren't pushing you to go study and watch film and instead go hang out on the beach. Well I would imagine its hard for most coaches to come in and cure that over night.

It would then be inevitable that you would have GT type games that are hard to explain. What this staff does with those experiences behind closed doors is what determines the overall trajectory of the team. I guess the conversation im throwing out there is that this is akin to curing an addict. Guys have been complacent for a while. Living off the glory of teams past. Like all addicts you have to deal with the addiction and avoid the relapse. If it was easy to become a tier one team over night then everyone would be doing it.

Sorry for the ramble.
Bowden in 10 years could do nothing better with Klempsun than a 9 win Season. Dabo the interim comes in and in 3-4 years they are playing for "The trophy"...
What new teaching did he bring, that Bowden did not?.....
I really think it is the group of players who are serious, take it to the next level in all phases, and totally believe in each other that create their "OWN" mind set in the locker room..
Reference............After the players only meeting for the U, everyone played with more purpose, and determination, and Won. How do you decipher that one after the atrocious plays of former weeks?. Player mindset, not team culture.
It is a team/Player mindset, and you either have it or you don't. It is not a culture.

Advertisement
Which proves his point about finding the right person to change the culture. Successful coaches don't just bring in a new set of plays. PJ Fleck should be evidence to everyone that culture is a real thing.

Smh.

Coaches constantly come into Miami doing dumb **** and misusing their players.

When the players reject incompetence and failure, we call them “cancers”.

These guys aren’t stupid. They know a sinking ship when the water starts coming over their knees.

You want them to buy in? Put them in position to succeed with strategies based on their skill sets and not your stubborn interpretation of philosophy. When it works (and it will), they will take what you have to say seriously.

After that, all you really need is the body language of a leader and to hold players accountable through discipline.

If your scheme is complete trash like ours has been on one side of the ball or the other constantly, leadership skills and holding players accountable won’t fix the “culture”.

Advertisement
Have you injured your head or something? 3 to 5 years? That’s probably one of the dumbest things ever posted. Who do you suggest we get to rebuild us in as long as 5 years? Nobody is ever going to get five years at Miami. Nobody.

Completely agree. Take me for example. I have only a 5 game tolerance.

This season has been extremely frustrating. We’ve done really well the past 2 games. And honestly, our defense has been playing great since VT (GT is mostly ST fault and offense).

We need to see how the season plays out and bowl game.

/ but still #FIREBLAKEJAMES

Can’t forget the muffed punt return against UF
RD.jpg

More eligible for the sausage head with a dollop of ketchup to complete it......those 2 MUST go together...that is real talk...
Not the Chicago style..no way.
Down with mustard.....I am cool with RVA so no worries.....
You're ****ed up dogo, that's for sure. Do you like ketchup on your steak???

My buddy was tightend on that team. That ecu team would kill this years gt team.
Yea they had Scott Harley at RB who went to the league on that team and a decent QB. They went to a decent bowl and blew out NC St. So it's not comparable to GT. They were a decent team.

Advertisement
Bowden in 10 years could do nothing better with Klempsun than a 9 win Season. Dabo the interim comes in and in 3-4 years they are playing for "The trophy"...
What new teaching did he bring, that Bowden did not?.....
I really think it is the group of players who are serious, take it to the next level in all phases, and totally believe in each other that create their "OWN" mind set in the locker room..
Reference............After the players only meeting for the U, everyone played with more purpose, and determination, and Won. How do you decipher that one after the atrocious plays of former weeks?. Player mindset, not team culture.
It is a team/Player mindset, and you either have it or you don't. It is not a culture.
you make a really good point. in addition to how important the right coach is, there have to be players on the field who can provide in-game as well as off the field leadership. no championships without that.

Advertisement
SS Chi C .....I forgot............ mustard only with Chinese food.
Nowhere else. Not on hot dogs.....hold the Grey Poupon, pleeeezzzzeee.

Its rare you can look at a season and say if exactly 2 plays change we win our division and are ranked. But 4th and 17 and any FG against GT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back