Can't believe Georgia ******* Tech

Advertisement
That may be true, but the biggest douche is @Tetragrammaton Cane. Loves following people around under a plethora of user names.

View attachment 101948
Bring him up to the kangaroo court...

Advertisement
1st half of this season was absol****inglutely brutal on at times catastrophic levels in key moments. Just hope the team and staff turned the corner from it.

Bring him up to the kangaroo court...

Good call! @Tetragrammaton Cane is the biggest troll on the board. Then again, he would just neg people with one of his other accounts.

Advertisement
... or not making a single stop on 4th and 17, or not missing a FG vs unc, or not gifting vt a 28-0 lead, or not missing an XP vs VT, etc. It sucks, but it is what it is. Let's finish the season on a 6 game win streak and send a message for 2020 in our bowl game. Thats all we can control now.
I lost sleep thinking about the 4th and 17 play for weeks after the game. Seriously, just put 2 fking safeties at the 1st down marker and keep everything in front of you. But yeah, the L to GTECH was bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I lost sleep thinking about the 4th and 17 play for weeks after the game. Seriously, just put to fking safeties at the 1st down marker and keep everything in front of you. But yeah, the L to GTECH was bad.
I said out loud to my wife right before that play "Is it too much to ask for my favorite team to make ONE STOP on 4th and freaking 17 to get a win?!? That's not too much to ask, right?"... and then, that. Yeah, bro, I lost sleep over that sh-t for a while too. Still stings.

Advertisement
You had better watch it, You might be eligible for the drum head trial thread that RVA has going on, with talk like that.
More eligible for the sausage head with a dollop of ketchup to complete it......those 2 MUST go together...that is real talk...
Not the Chicago style..no way.
Down with mustard.....I am cool with RVA so no worries.....

I don't know. I think its fair to say that these kids were winners coming in. However all kids (generally) are winners if they are getting recruited to play D1 college ball.

Just something to chew on that I've been mulling over. I think its possible that way back in the coker era. Towards the end. A sort of disease grew into the program. Its possible that a group of guys came in and lived off of the success of the 01/02 guys. A disease that went on for years and claimed some good kids and a few coaches.

Nothing first hand but always heard stories from people and some ex players that there were some guys that just didn't put in the work or do things the coaches wanted. The 01 team did all of the extras. Its possible that the guys that rotated in afterwards did not. Some of you remember us complaining that one of the things that Coker did was star chase. He went all over bringing in guys that scored great but weren't nec. miami mentality. Could that have been the beginning of it? Also, consider that its not something any of us would see. Think highly touted recruits that came in and were generally productive but weren't committed to the whole team and doing the "Alabama/Clemson" type routine. Thus never getting themselves and the team to that next level. They would sort of quietly erode the program from within.

Football is unique in that so many people have to function so perfectly and so consistently for you to achieve success. Something like the above going on for so long could be one of the major reasons why we got to where we got. Other issues are to blame as well. However, I dont think this one gets its due discussion.

The issue I'm picking at is maybe this coaching staff is just going about the business of playing doctor before coach. I know we sit here and say just run these plays its so obvious. However, its possible that so much deconstruction and reconstruction has/had to go on that there is only so much time in day/week/month.

One of the hardest things to do in life is to cast off the teaching of those before you and venture out on your own. Be it your parents or friends. Not everyone in life is cut out to be a leader. If our team room has been filled with followers that have been led by a few bad guys that's something that can get passed down over and over. If your teammates aren't pushing you to go study and watch film and instead go hang out on the beach. Well I would imagine its hard for most coaches to come in and cure that over night.

It would then be inevitable that you would have GT type games that are hard to explain. What this staff does with those experiences behind closed doors is what determines the overall trajectory of the team. I guess the conversation im throwing out there is that this is akin to curing an addict. Guys have been complacent for a while. Living off the glory of teams past. Like all addicts you have to deal with the addiction and avoid the relapse. If it was easy to become a tier one team over night then everyone would be doing it.

Sorry for the ramble.
Great analogy of playing doctor before coach. The disease that Manny has mentioned several times may well have been prevalent throughout and needed to be doctored before on the field play improved. I've watched many of the post practiSe pressers of the players and many times they mention having to re-focus on the details. Jarren, Shaq, and even Kosi have expressed the same sentiment.

Also, even with guys that were in the former system for a short period of time, thy ehad to learn how to communicate with new people (coaches), a new O system, a new trainer, new techniques taught by new coaches, etc. Many people are averse to change and get uncomfortable when removed from their comfort zone. Many times fans only critique on field performance without acknowledging the challenges these young guys face with a new staff. Let alone academics.

Advertisement
Back