Canes unluckiest 2019 - 2020 is Coastal or ****

YUMU

Recruit
https://247sports.com/college/miami...ne-of-the-unluckiest-teams-in-2019-148645170/

The 2019 squad is a 10 game winner with just a good kicker. 10 wins with all we know: Manny corching, Enos/Offense being historically terrible, brutal QB play, bad discipline, suspensions and so on.

Watched the condensed version of all 2019 games. Here is some thoughts:

CB - 2019 Ivey (bad)/Bandy (regressed perhaps injured) Vs 2020 Ivey (finally shows his talent), Blades solid and Williams/Couch are what they are telling us they are. This is the group with the biggest question mark. CB 2020 ???

DE - 2019 Neo (took a sabbatical), Patchan played a lot over #15 and Hill was not the player we thought we were getting VS 2020 we make a big jump ..no details needed. DE 2020>>>2019

DT - 2019 showed flashes, OK vs 2020 Nesta makes that jump, Miller takes over and NY kids surprise. DT 2020>2019

Striker 2019 Romeo regressed, was bad at times vs 2020 whoever plays ( Keontra, Frierson) is an instant upgrade. Striker 2020>2019

Safety 2019 Solid play vs 2020 we get Bubba (stud) the whole season and #26 put it together and ball out. Safety 2020>2019

LB 2019 Shaq dominates the last few games, Ragone plays, inconsistent play season long vs Zach returns, Brooks explodes, more depth 2020 slightly > 2019

OL- 2019 NO comments vs 2020 Jarrid Williams, Scaife at Guard, improved Clark, Justice, new offensive system
2020 >>>>2019

RB - 2019 DJ was great and will be missed, Harris was solid > Harris looks the part, Don/Rooster as talented as anybody RB 2020 = 2019

WR 2019 Osborn solid, Harley/Wiggins showed flashes, Thomas suspended, lost vs Pope talent finally shows , Payton becomes the man, Freshman surprises,Harley/Wiggins improve, Likens

WR 2020 (spread alone, plus QB) >> WR 2019

TE - 2019 Brevin great until injured, saw Mallory potential VS 2020 healthy Brevin balls out to 1st round pick, improved Mallory TE 2020 > 2019

Kicker 2019 no comments vs Borregales Kicker 2020 >>>>>>>>2019

If Lashlee is what we think he is and King is King the 2020 team wins 11 games and play Clemson for the ACC. Just remember Manny/Enos win 10 games with a good kicker.

thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm in wait and see mode with the LB group. Totally want to believe that the younger kids we brought in at LB are more athletic and will be an upgrade from the guys we had. But let's not knock on Shaq and Pinckney.

Overall this group has the talent and athleticism to be special but nontheless losing 2 experienced starters will be a challenge. So I say 2019 > 2020 until we had a fair sample size of the 2020 group during games.

Romeo was solid to very good over the last two seasons here. Also seriously doubt we'll replace a 4 year starting , 1st team All ACC, drafted and future starter in the NFL in Shaq, along with Pickney and be better in 2020.

I'm in wait and see mode with the LB group. Totally want to believe that the younger kids we brought in at LB are more athletic and will be an upgrade from the guys we had. But let's not knock on Shaq and Pinckney.

Overall this group has the talent and athleticism to be special but nontheless losing 2 experienced starters will be a challenge. So I say 2019 > 2020 until we had a fair sample size of the 2020 group during games.

People forget Sam Brooks was a 5 star before the knee injury.. this dude is the real deal

Advertisement
I'm personally not a big believer in the lucky or unlucky rhetoric. I get that sometimes things are going to go wrong. The ball might not bounce our way. but a couple of our losses last year are absolutely inexcusable even if we were the unluckiest team on the planet those days. Should not happen. Cannot happen going forward. That said, I really like the group of guys we have right now. No excuses. Let's just get the job done and create our own luck!

Still have the same head coach that couldn’t get his defense to stop FIU, and washed his hands of owning the offense, so non of this other stuff really matters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank god there was no kicker or Enos would still be here.
That's how I see the entire 2019 season. They were a couple of bounces and a couple of very make-able field goals from being an 8 or nine win team. Had that been the case we'd be going into season two of the Jarren Williams/Dan Enos show. The program is instantly in a better spot having replaced both those guys. If there's such a thing as failing forward, that's exactly what they did.

We may have been unlucky..............but U make your own luck
Not always. There's plenty of examples of referees making questionable calls that change the outcome of games. How many times have you seen an offensive player drop the ball only for it to take a funny bounce and go right into the hands of a teammate or out of bounds? Or a randomly tipped ball just happens to land in the hands of an unintended target. I mean, they literally call these plays 50/50 plays. Now, every team is going to have their share of good/bad luck and you can't just count on getting every 50/50 ball but a lot of times, in one possession games, the team that gets the most lucky bounces is the team that wins.

Still have the same head coach that couldn’t get his defense to stop FIU, and washed his hands of owning the offense, so non of this other stuff really matters.

So if we change head coaches (like we always do) Miami will ultimately be better? Cause obviously changing head coaches is the recipe to success....

Manny is not main reason we loss to FIU in his first year of being a head coach😑

Advertisement
Back