CANESUNITED TAILGATE: TOLEDO Parking and Food info.

I’m in Chicago and am hoping to jump in car and go but it will be last second decision- family/kid stuff.
You fools think I can score Miami section tix there?
Call UM last second(alum)?
Thanks

I know we are in sec 24 a good sized group of Canes. We had got them through Toledo ticket office. Join us at the tailgate/parking area if you end up coming!

Advertisement
Sounds great for anybody going to the Toledo game, these guys always put on a great spread. I wonder how many total canes fans are going to be there, based on tickets sold? Anybody have any idea?

Sounds great for anybody going to the Toledo game, these guys always put on a great spread. I wonder how many total canes fans are going to be there, based on tickets sold? Anybody have any idea?

Hoping the chicago canes and cincy canes make the ride that will help numbers. Our traveling group got a block of tickets and there is 50 of us coming. So we are hoping for a decent turn out. It wont touch LSU numbers but i think some orange will be showing up at the glass bowl

Hoping the chicago canes and cincy canes make the ride that will help numbers. Our traveling group got a block of tickets and there is 50 of us coming. So we are hoping for a decent turn out. It wont touch LSU numbers but i think some orange will be showing up at the glass bowl

Nice! I’ll be there with three others from Miami. Where are y’alls seats?

Toledoan Cane here (grew up in Toledo, graduated from the U in '10). Will be attending the game; the tailgate sounds fun. Here's some general advice for all:

1. Flights- someone mentioned that Toledo airport is best to fly into. That's true, but it tends to be 2-3x the cost of flying to Detroit. I'd recommend flying to Detroit and renting a car-- only 45 minutes from Detroit airport to Toledo and 25 or so from Toledo airport to the campus.

2. Tailgating- if you're not going with this group and/or want a bit calmer of an experience, buy a pass for the parking lot just adjacent Savage Hall (the basketball arena) and north of the Glass Bowl. Older crowd and you're directly adjacent the stadium. Secor road lot will be much rowdier (i.e., drunk).

3. Food- if you're in Toledo for longer than a day, I'd recommend the following restaurants: Beirut (incredible Lebanese), Amie's, J&G's, or Gino's for pizza, Bar 145 (burgers). If you're looking to make subs etc. for the tailgate, hit up Sofo's on Monroe Street-- excellent meats and cheeses for sandwiches. Gino's and Beirut are close to campus. If you're in the Maumee/Perrysburg suburbs, try Swig (gastropub) and Village Idiot (pizza). J&G's is in Sylvania and is directly adjacent 2 breweries (one being in J&G's basement).

4. Beer- visit Maumee Bay Brewing Company. It's downtown (~15 minutes from campus), but has an excellent ambiance and some very good beers (Total Eclipse Stout being the best). Also, try to grab some Great Lakes beer if you cannot wherever you're from (Nosferatu and Oktoberfest are both available now; Nosferatu is one of my all-time favorites). Short's (from Michigan) is not available everywhere and makes excellent offbeat beer as well. All good tailgating beers.

5. Going out- definitely go downtown. **** N Bull, Blarney, Maumee Bay, Ye Olde Dirty Bird, and other bars near there. All are walking distance from one another.

6. Transportation- definitely will want to Uber and have a DD for the game. No public transport, unfortunately.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back