Canes Preparing to play week 1 without Fans.

JD08

If there's a problem, yo, I'll solve it.
Whoops, missed this last week. I'm sure its worse today. Hmmmmm......

As coronavirus cases continue to rise, Florida has stopped tracking how many COVID-19 patients are in ICU beds

The announcement came on Tuesday, after more Florida hospitals started to publicly report that all of their ICU beds were full, according to the Sun Sentinel.

"Florida announced yesterday they're not counting the icu bed availability anymore, a key element in keeping things open, so the state can proceed to the next phase by July 4," she wrote on Twitter.

Jones also said multiple Department of Health sources have told her they've been instructed this week to change coronavirus numbers by "deleting deaths and cases" so it looks like Florida is improving ahead of July 4.

I've already explained why ICU beds mean nothing. But in case you need to hear it again, it's because the vast majority, meaning all except maybe one or two in a hospital, are not isolation rooms. That means they can't contain the spread of the virus through the ventilation system. The biggest benefit of the ICU is the staff ration. Hospitals take unit that can be sealed off with negative pressure and make it the Covid ward.

Rebekah Jones is an idiot and has no idea what she's talking about. She's trying to exploit the partisan divide to cash in on her own stupidity.

This is a very serious matter and I've tried to be as civil as I can, but you're spreading bullshit about a subject you are less than clueless about.

I've already explained why ICU beds mean nothing. But in case you need to hear it again, it's because the vast majority, meaning all except maybe one or two in a hospital, are not isolation rooms. That means they can't contain the spread of the virus through the ventilation system. The biggest benefit of the ICU is the staff ration. Hospitals take unit that can be sealed off with negative pressure and make it the Covid ward.

Rebekah Jones is an idiot and has no idea what she's talking about. She's trying to exploit the partisan divide to cash in on her own stupidity.

This is a very serious matter and I've tried to be as civil as I can, but you're spreading bullshit about a subject you are less than clueless about.
This guy is unbelievable. That citation is the most misleading bullshlt, meant to sucker people that are ignorant and clueless about how hospital systems and ICUs work.

Such glaring stupidity.

But what would you expect from someone who came up with a calculation that said 1,100 football players could die.

JD08

This guy is unbelievable. That citation is the most misleading bullshlt, meant to sucker people that are ignorant and clueless about how hospital systems and ICUs work.

Such glaring stupidity.

But what would you expect from someone who came up with a calculation that said 1,100 football players could die.
The guy's got 91 posts total and I'd bet every single one has been trolling Covid bullshit.

I think he should be on troll watch.

@RVACane, thoughts?

AlixCane

Recruit

Except you're wrong. Your logic is failed. You explanation in no way proves there isn't a massive spike. Its more of an excuse for your rationalization. It IS a very serious matter, and I understand how isolation vs. ICU is different. The bottom line is Covid-19 cases are spiking massively, both in FL and the US as a whole, particularly in states that re-opened too soon, hospitalizations are spiking, and guess what? Deaths will be following shortly. It's quite simple. FL re-opened, people were reckless and exposed, and thus, here we are. I will stay civil. Stay safe.

RVACane

Remember me? Benny Blanco?
Staff member
My agenda? Keep my family safe, make my money, enjoy life, and love and support the great U I attended. But keep stalking me, stalker. Didn't the mod @RVACane tell you to try to control yourself?
I told him to put you on ignore if you become too annoying but that’s up to him. I never put anyone on ignore myself so I get it if someone doesn’t use that feature. I also said something to you about not being this guy:

1E7B0C85-199C-400B-8A11-7549BB91D79A.gif

It looks like you and your 95 total post count is bumping posts from a week ago to agitate 2 guys ( @OriginalCanesCanesCanes and @JD08 ) with a combined post count of 30,000 posts. You called @Go Canes!! (7,300 posts) an asshole twice the other day and I thought I saw @1LuvCane (7,300 posts) in it as well.

So I’m looking at Alix with 95 posts agitating 4 guys with a combined 35,000 posts. You are on Maude Watch. @IndayArtHauz is in the water - fin up - circling. The 4 combatants you are dealing with have put you on Troll Watch in the #KTDT. They also happen to be 4 of the 6 permanent prosecutor/jurors on the Kangaroo Court of the Unjust Inquisition in that thread. (The other two are @TheOriginalCane and @South Side Chi Cane ). @The Franchise has permanent special status to execute at will.

Now how do we resolve this so that we don’t have to alert Uncle Igor

D7F3BD25-66AC-42DD-91BF-47966A69CF97.gif

or Inday?
8BB0047C-8C36-484E-A17F-07C8AB49D840.gif

Last edited:

AlixCane

Recruit
I told him to put you on ignore if you become too annoying but that’s up to him. I never put anyone on ignore myself so I get it if someone doesn’t use that feature. I also said something to you about not being this guy:

View attachment 120411

It looks like you and your 95 total post count is bumping posts from a week ago to agitate 2 guys ( @OriginalCanesCanesCanes and @JD08 ) with a combined post count of 30,000 posts. You called @Go Canes!! (7,300 posts) an asshole twice the other day and I bought I saw @1LuvCane (7,300 posts) in it as well.

So I’m looking at Alix with 95 posts agitating 4 guys with a combined 35,000 posts. You are on Maude Watch. @IndayArtHauz is in the water - fin up - circling. The 4 combatants you are dealing with have put you on Troll Watch in the #KTDT. They also happen to be 4 of the 6 permanent prosecutor/jurors on the Kangaroo Court of the Unjust Inquisition in that thread. (The other two are @TheOriginalCane and @South Side Chi Cane ). @The Franchise has permanent special status to execute at will.

View attachment 120422

or Inday?
View attachment 120421
Brother, it's like you are literally speaking mandarin to me.:) I don't speak mandarin. KTDT and kangaroos? What the hell do all those words mean? I didn't "bump threads" to agitate anyone. New data came in that continued the conversation. A conversation that we each agreed to revisit in two weeks. IMO, an important conversation. As for the stalker, I literally stopped replying to anything he posted, sans his posts at me. Is what it is. I did what I was asked.

Why in gods name does the amount of posts someone has made matter? So someone with nothing to do all day but fight on the internet with actual Canes has more value to the board than people who attended Miami, support the program, and stay involved in the school?

Its cool. I CLEARLY do not fit into the world of internet chest puffing very well. I will step back from anything political. People can believe what they like and suffer the consequences. Go Canes.

JD08

Except you're wrong. Your logic is failed. You explanation in no way proves there isn't a massive spike. Its more of an excuse for your rationalization. It IS a very serious matter, and I understand how isolation vs. ICU is different. The bottom line is Covid-19 cases are spiking massively, both in FL and the US as a whole, particularly in states that re-opened too soon, hospitalizations are spiking, and guess what? Deaths will be following shortly. It's quite simple. FL re-opened, people were reckless and exposed, and thus, here we are. I will stay civil. Stay safe.
No I'm not. The blue is hospitalizations and the red is deaths. At this point in time we haven't seen a spike in either.

1593620980708.png

View attachment 120411

It looks like you and your 95 total post count is bumping posts from a week ago to agitate 2 guys ( @OriginalCanesCanesCanes and @JD08 ) with a combined post count of 30,000 posts. You called @Go Canes!! (7,300 posts) an asshole twice the other day and I bought I saw @1LuvCane (7,300 posts) in it as well.

View attachment 120422

or Inday?
View attachment 120421

At this point, I don’t care about this character. I’m usually not in favor of bans unless it’s the obvious one-topic troll or rival fan. This guy actually believes his own nonsense, like a thousand dead football players.

As far as I’m concerned he can keep making absurd posts, but he needs to chill out and understand that overt exaggerations designed to mislead and cause fear, whether by design or ignorance, is going to get called out in the most severe ways.

There’s enough real shlt going on in the world, including Covid, without having people clearly resort to outrageous scenarios.

This is a football board. Don’t expect to be handled with kid gloves when you make shlt up about football deaths, whether you actually believe it or not.

Go Canes!!

All ACC

View attachment 120411

View attachment 120422

or Inday?
View attachment 120421
RVA ain’t ever lied. But as CCC I don’t believe in banning if the person believes what they are saying. No matter how preposterous.

JD08

A person who brings a link with deliberate agitprop about the FL DOH data is nothing but a troll. It's not like you can't find a description of what's different about an ICU bed vs a regular bed by simply googling it. Especially so when the entire point of covid rooms are isolation, which every ICU room isn't equipped to handle.

After this has been pointed out and he's had every opportunity to verify and he keeps coming back with the exact same statement, what do you call it?

A person who brings a link with deliberate agitprop about the FL DOH data is nothing but a troll. It's not like you can't find a description of what's different about an ICU bed vs a regular bed by simply googling it. Especially so when the entire point of covid rooms are isolation, which every ICU room isn't equipped to handle.

After this has been pointed out and he's had every opportunity to verify and he keeps coming back with the exact same statement, what do you call it?
Good point

RVACane

Remember me? Benny Blanco?
Staff member
Brother, it's like you are literally speaking mandarin to me.:) I don't speak mandarin. KTDT and kangaroos? What the hell do all those words mean? I didn't "bump threads" to agitate anyone. New data came in that continued the conversation. A conversation that we each agreed to revisit in two weeks. IMO, an important conversation. As for the stalker, I literally stopped replying to anything he posted, sans his posts at me. Is what it is. I did what I was asked.

Why in gods name does the amount of posts someone has made matter? So someone with nothing to do all day but fight on the internet with actual Canes has more value to the board than people who attended Miami, support the program, and stay involved in the school?

Its cool. I CLEARLY do not fit into the world of internet chest puffing very well. I will step back from anything political. People can believe what they like and suffer the consequences. Go Canes.
It’s just a lot of bickering, derails and political stuff. It belongs in the Covid forum. I do place a value on board history and contributions to the board. I have to.

By the way, as an aside, and I’m not opining on the merits of the data arguments, I don’t think I agree politically lock and step with the guys you are arguing with so that’s not the thing but there have been a number of reports against you for insults, trolling and other things which have been shut down thus far.

Again, I am being careful that you are not penalized for a difference of opinion with them. The arguments you guys are having are not what I’m here to moderate. I think it should be kept to the Covid Board which @IndayArtHauz frequents.