Canes Preparing to play week 1 without Fans.

"I really don’t need to say anything else." Funny, because you have, over and over, and you will, over and over, because boosting your anonymous user name internet reputation is clearly important to you.

Another example of your reality distortion field. I don't think you are seeing what's happening here clearly. You don't offer facts, you don't offer data, you just attack, cry, and complain. You're what we call a lowball in my industry, and I am guessing that many here have seen this over and over.

The ridiculousness of the fact that you think that you are more than a pimple on the ass of a dead mosquito in my mind, let alone that "I am fucking with you" is only exceeded by your amusing internet bravado and untamed hubris.

Pro tip: calling people names and starting fights on the internet is not a winning life strategy. Nor is spending enough of your super-valuable, obviously very important life posting almost 20,000 times on one website. Good luck. And good bye.
You said goodbye, yet you’re following me around on other threads and ruining them, just to indulge your personal vendetta because you posted something really incomprehensible, and I guess you regret it.

Just don’t respond anymore. You’ve already proven you have nothing of value to provide and are unworthy of a serious discussion.

AlixCane

Recruit
You said goodbye, yet you’re following me around on other threads and ruining them, just to indulge your personal vendetta because you posted something really incomprehensible, and I guess you regret it.

Just don’t respond anymore. You’ve already proven you have nothing of value to provide and are unworthy of a serious discussion.
Following you??? HAHA I love that it was you again! The same tool in 2 threads. What are the odds? Except, you know... 100%? You literally just took the time to black out your stock portfolio account and post it on a message board to try to beef with a stranger on the internet after I emasculated you again. You really think this is a good look for you bro? You're a freak show, Lowball.

AlixCane

Recruit
First, I'm not going to tell you where I work.
Second, ICU beds are taken up by more than just covid cases.
Third, not all covid cases require the ICU.

We have an isolation wing that is set up to handle covid cases and possible covid cases waiting on testing results. It was moved from the previous location because the spike everyone feared didn't happen. Things have lightened up since the peak in April, but we're still seeing enough cases to be a concern. The key is to watch the hospitalization rate overall.

Remember, FL has a population of million and a total of about 6000 ICU beds.
FYI, this is what I was pointing to. As a medical professional, I am sure you agree that a surge in Covid-19 deaths and ICU hospitalizations are certainly coming as they lag behind the infection data.

"In Florida, where more than 109,000 cases have been reported, capacity for adult intensive care units is only 21 percent, according to state data updated on Wednesday."

ICU availability per hospital and county:

Article I quoted from, to be transparent:

HurricaneHauk

Freshman
"I really don’t need to say anything else." Funny, because you have, over and over, and you will, over and over, because boosting your anonymous user name internet reputation is clearly important to you.

Another example of your reality distortion field. I don't think you are seeing what's happening here clearly. You don't offer facts, you don't offer data, you just attack, cry, and complain. You're what we call a lowball in my industry, and I am guessing that many here have seen this over and over.

The ridiculousness of the fact that you think that you are more than a pimple on the ass of a dead mosquito in my mind, let alone that "I am fucking with you" is only exceeded by your amusing internet bravado and untamed hubris.

Pro tip: calling people names and starting fights on the internet is not a winning life strategy. Nor is spending enough of your super-valuable, obviously very important life posting almost 20,000 times on one website. Good luck. And good bye.
Where was your data supporting the 1100 deaths between HS and college football players?

AlixCane

Recruit
Where was your data supporting the 1100 deaths between HS and college football players?
The math is actually in previous posts of mine in this thread, based on the extremely low fatality rates (aka data) for the age demo. I am not making anything up. Or guessing. I am just doing the math. If anything I am skewing the data AWAY from my hypothesis. I took the low end of the mortality rate to get to 1,100, not the mean or median. Then, for the sake of argument, and to tilt the numbers far away from any rational pushback, I arbitrarily divided the number by 10, to get to "over 100" potential dead football players. And there are a LOT of obese kids out there playing. And it's 99.99% males, which have higher fatality rates than females re: Covid-19.

100 dead out of over a million is a very low number, btw. But as I clearly said, and you can find the post in this thread, it will be about optics. Football is a group activity. Super-spreader events. That will be the story. Kids.

The amount of kids that die from spinal injuries and heat exhaustion from football each year (HS and CFB) is in the teens. It's very, very, rare. But when even one happens, it's NEWS. BIG NEWS. We can all name some of them. Even the kids who are just paralyzed, let alone the ones that die.

Now imagine if a single football player contracts Covid-19 from another player and dies. Even one. Imagine the headlines. A child. Because we all wanted our football. And now imagine it happening dozens of times (remember, 1,100,000 is a LOT of fucking people to sample from - a LOT of kids play football in the US), let alone 100. Dear god, the headlines... the outrage... will be like nothing we've seen.

My whole point, which people seem to want to derail... is its really, really hard to see football make it through the season this year. You can bet on it if you like. You'd take my money for sure if you were correct.

JD08

He don't cause trouble. He don't bother nobody.
FYI, this is what I was pointing to. As a medical professional, I am sure you agree that a surge in Covid-19 deaths and ICU hospitalizations are certainly coming as they lag behind the infection data.

"In Florida, where more than 109,000 cases have been reported, capacity for adult intensive care units is only 21 percent, according to state data updated on Wednesday."

ICU availability per hospital and county:

Article I quoted from, to be transparent:

It's not impossible, but it's not something my hospital or the FL DOH is anticipating. I posted this on another thread from the most recent update.

I heard that yesterday's FL DOH update stated there were no shortages of hospital beds, including the ICU. And that hospitalization rate for new positives is lower than previously and the patients have less severe symptoms.

This is all positive despite the number of cases. Please don't get hung up on ICU numbers. There are only ~6,000 ICU beds in the entire state. Most covid patients go into isolation wards.

DualThreat

Redshirt Freshman
Marlins have been implementing their social distance plan since they opened that stadium.. Good to go
My point was that if the county is considering letting the marlins do this in July, it could bode well for the Canes in September. Keep in mind, Hard Rock Stadium has already put into place certain measures for the Chinese Virus.

Saltycane

Sophomore
Hope and pray because as it stands right now I have been told there is about 20% of a season in the fall. This is still fluid but is not trending in right direction with the likes of Disney being pressured not to reopen and individuals in golf and tennis testing positive. How do you keep an outbreak from occurring when you have 80 players and on top of the coaches and trainers are all together.

JD08

He don't cause trouble. He don't bother nobody.
Hope and pray because as it stands right now I have been told there is about 20% of a season in the fall. This is still fluid but is not trending in right direction with the likes of Disney being pressured not to reopen and individuals in golf and tennis testing positive. How do you keep an outbreak from occurring when you have 80 players and on top of the coaches and trainers are all together.
Meanwhile, Legoland, Universal, and Fun Spot are all open now.

skyman

Senior
My point was that if the county is considering letting the marlins do this in July, it could bode well for the Canes in September. Keep in mind, Hard Rock Stadium has already put into place certain measures for the Chinese Virus.

I got your point, it was just a joke.. Hope to attend some games in the fall, even if they put a cap on amount who can attend

AlixCane

Recruit
It's not impossible, but it's not something my hospital or the FL DOH is anticipating. I posted this on another thread from the most recent update.

I heard that yesterday's FL DOH update stated there were no shortages of hospital beds, including the ICU. And that hospitalization rate for new positives is lower than previously and the patients have less severe symptoms.

This is all positive despite the number of cases. Please don't get hung up on ICU numbers. There are only ~6,000 ICU beds in the entire state. Most covid patients go into isolation wards.
I truly do not understand your post. I don't mean that combatively, I mean it. There isn't a debate as to what is and isn't "possible." That first link is the actual # of ICU beds that are being used as of Wednesday. Hard, factual, incontrovertible data from the Republican led state of Florida that the ICU Covid-19 cases are spiking hard, and the state and local governments are very concerned about its shrinking number of available ICU beds. And obviously its trending the wrong way, and fast, and infections are spiking.

Our back and forth started because you said the ICU bed shortage was BS because you work in a SFL hospital. Doesn't that link end any debate?

It's also happening all over the south where states opened up too soon or didn't close down enough. Today, in Texas:

Texas paused its reopening process and moved to free up hospital space for coronavirus patients on Thursday amid growing concern over its rising tally of cases, Gov. Greg Abbott (R) announced Thursday.

The state has recorded more than 130,000 cases and nearly 3,000 deaths. More than 4,300 people with the virus are hospitalized across the state, more than double the number at the beginning of June. To ensure that hospitals have enough capacity to care for virus patients, Mr. Abbott issued an executive order suspending elective procedures in hospitals in four counties: Bexar, Dallas, Travis and Harris, which includes hard-hit Houston.

Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston told local lawmakers on Wednesday that the city’s intensive-care units were filled to 97 percent capacity, and that more than a quarter of those patients had tested positive for the virus.