Canes Kick Off ACC Play With A Big Win

View as article

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
52.jpg

Conference play has officially begun for the ACC as alot of good games were played on this Saturday, January 5th. One of those games was played in Atlanta, GA as the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (10-3, 0-1) hosted the depleted Miami Hurricanes (10-3, 1-0). It was never really close regardless of what the score was at any point. These Canes dominated the Jackets on their own floor most in part to Rion Brown. Brown has had an attrocious season thus far, yet the Canes faithful have not lost faith in the fact that we could still see the same Rion Brown from last year during ACC play. And guess what? HE HAS RISEN. BROWNdaGOD. The Hurricanes beat GT with relative ease at a final of 62-49. The great defense continues! Thats one game down without Reggie, here is to a few more. :emotcrown:

TOP PERFORMERS: MIAMI

Rion Brown had a ridiculous shooting night. In just 23 minutes he had 22 points on 9-11 FG's. He was 4-6 from beyond the arch.

Kenny Kadji manned up yet again on his way to 11 points and 14 boards along with 2 blocks.

TOP PERFORMERS: GT

Udofia Mfon had 10 points and Hosley came off the bench for 10 more.

So in short... thank you, Rion Brown. Your making me look like ol P knows what hes talking about and I appreciate that. The Canes continue their road swing on their way to Chapel Hill to take on the much hated North Carolina Tar Heels. The Heels are 10-3 and undefeated at home. Mcadoo is averaging 14 and 8 for those guys. Should be a very tough game. Never easy to pull one out in Chapel Hill. But finally,

I am sooooo happy to be able to say that after an overall great day for the program of Miami...

THE CANES ROLLED BABY

:neonu::neonu::emotcrown::emotcrown::cigar::cigar::neonu::neonu::neonu::D

Advertisement
I always said that if the Canes can play .500 ball in conference play and get to 19-20 wins, they are a lock for the tournament.

Pcity u been calling for RB to get hot, and he did. We need RB for ACC play.
I cant wait for this UNC game.

Pcity u been calling for RB to get hot, and he did. We need RB for ACC play.
I cant wait for this UNC game.

a winnable game. we beat GT by double digits and Scott was a non-factor. Thats what Brown, can do for you!

Just back from the game, so here is quick rundown

1. Nice arena. We sat in the first row of the upper deck and the seats were amazing

2. A lot of Miami fans as usual in Atlanta.

3. GT fans, while nice are wine and cheese fans. Loudest they got was when the scoreboard showed old GT players like Dennis Scott and Jon Barry.

4. If you would have shown me Larkin and Scott's point totals I would have bet the house on a loss. Larkin did have a lot of assists and steals though and his no look bullet pass to Scott for a layup was sick.

5. A GT fan behind me asked if Shane was Barry's son I started cracking up and when he asked why, all I could say was, it's an inside joke with some friends.

6. They actually had a trivia question in the scoreboard asking something about the median number on the GT roster. Oddly no one else thought this was funny. Ah, Tech, such freakin dorks.

7. All Tech fans kept saying over and over and over was, "**** their size is too much for us". And the person they were most impressed with was Gamble.

8. Rion Motherf-ing Brown. That is all.

9. Even without Reggie, we are very good. I think we win enough without RJ that when he comes back, we ease into the dance.

10. Did you guys know Shane Larkin's dad is famous?

Advertisement

1. Nice arena. We sat in the first row of the upper deck and the seats were amazing

3. GT fans, while nice are wine and cheese fans. Loudest they got was when the scoreboard showed old GT players like Dennis Scott and Jon Barry.

4. If you would have shown me Larkin and Scott's point totals I would have bet the house on a loss. Larkin did have a lot of assists and steals though and his no look bullet pass to Scott for a layup was sick.

5. A GT fan behind me asked if Shane was Barry's son I started cracking up and when he asked why, all I could say was, it's an inside joke with some friends.

6. They actually had a trivia question in the scoreboard asking something about the median number on the GT roster. Oddly no one else thought this was funny. Ah, Tech, such freakin dorks.

7. All Tech fans kept saying over and over and over was, "**** their size is too much for us". And the person they were most impressed with was Gamble.

9. Even without Reggie, we are very good. I think we win enough without RJ that when he comes back, we ease into the dance.

thanks man.

so your saying that Barry is Shanes dad?

thanks man.

so your saying that Barry is Shanes dad?
I think so. I'm no detective, but I think we're on to something here.

Finally, RB has taken over a game.

6th different Cane to lead the team in scoring so far this year. Good sign.

Almost 7th if Gamble could have had another bucket in that epic Hawaii performance.

Advertisement
I about did a double take when I looked at DS and Larkin's point totals and saw the win.

You'd expect TMJ to carry the load. Having it come from Rion Brown instead was a pleasant surprise.

Advertisement
well, since we all know who Shane's dad is now, I found out yesterday that Rion Brown's dad was a stud at Georgia Tech in the 70s.

Advertisement
Back