Canes Camp Report Episode 6

Advertisement
I'm excited to see this secondary.

Also, Owens and Young seem to be having a good spring

Advertisement
Williams is a liability. It's painfully obvious that he can't make the necessary throws beyond 15 yards. Even on his big throw, he floated the ball and it should have been knocked down or picked off. If Olsen isn't the starter….. Dion is a future first/second rounder. Him, AQM, Burns and Coley are easily the most athletic Canes at this point.

This is the most athletic and talented (on paper at least) our secondary has looked in years. Tracy is an All-ACC type corner, Gunter is going to be drafted and Artie is dripping with potential. Crawford off the bench is a good depth guy and he has speed. Bush, Jenkins, Carter and Hester on the back end should give us something back there. Too much athleticism not to make plays in the back 4. Probably our best secondary since when? I can't think of a time we've had more talent in the last 8 years?

Advertisement
Williams is a liability. It's painfully obvious that he can't make the necessary throws beyond 15 yards. Even on his big throw, he floated the ball and it should have been knocked down or picked off. If Olsen isn't the starter….. Dion is a future first/second rounder. Him, AQM, Burns and Coley are easily the most athletic Canes at this point.

It's "painfully" obvious Williams can't make the "necessary" throws beyond 15 yards?

:ibisroflmao:

Figueroa is a beast.
Hamilton's been making plays all spring
McCord has a long reach to be able to tip a 6'5 QB's balls. (yeah I know LOL)
Defense playing real aggressive.
Burns on a corner blitz.

Advertisement
I hope we work on our screen game (on O). I may be overstating it, but it seems we run a successful screen about 1 in every 10-15 attempts... maybe. For some reason we're awful at it, and for several years now.

It can be such an effective play when called timely and executed properly, ESPECIALLY with a guy like Duke.

Need to get this figured out at some point.

Advertisement
Paul Williams!!

One of the more underrated guys on the staff he's doing great with what he has

Receivers running crossing patterns this year beware....there will be blood.

Bush, Carter, Figs or Perryman will behead someone by the 3rd game.

Advertisement
Back