Canes bs Longhorns - 6pm - ESPACCNX+/-

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
IMG_1983.gif

Advertisement
Did some lurking on the longhorn boards last night. They feel pretty confident that their #2 starter can shut us down. Anyone familiar with this kid?

Advertisement
He is good. We have seen Wakes top 3. We won’t see anything better unless we get Skenes in Omaha.

This time of year it’s about execution. Big hits, no walks/errors, throw strikes. Walk away with 7-4 type wins.

I would have had more with Gage on the mound.
Agreed since Ziehl's our clear ace at the moment.

However, examine their career numbers and the two are perhaps not so dissimilar:

Ziehl: 10-6, 4.23 ERA; 1.25 WHIP; 152 K / 37 BB in 127.2 IP

Ligon: 9-7, 4.65 ERA; 1.39 WHIP; 101 K / 51 BB in 124 IP

Advertisement
Agreed since Ziehl's our clear ace at the moment.

However, examine their career numbers and the two are perhaps not so dissimilar:

Ziehl: 10-6, 4.23 ERA; 1.25 WHIP; 152 K / 37 BB in 127.2 IP

Ligon: 9-7, 4.65 ERA; 1.39 WHIP; 101 K / 51 BB in 124 IP
Which one is coming off an injury and has thrown 50 live action pitches in 2 months?

Did some lurking on the longhorn boards last night. They feel pretty confident that their #2 starter can shut us down. Anyone familiar with this kid?
Tall, RHP who has pitched well down the stretch. We'll need to get to him early and we may have to run on him, as he doesn't allow many HRs - 4 only in 264 ABs but 13 WPs.

We need to get to their pen by mid-innings as it's their Achilles heel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's what I'm getting at really. I am heading down at 3 and wanna make sure this ***** gonna pitch off at 6.
The NCAA mandates 50 minutes between games, but it was really 90 minutes yesterday so they could clear the stadium. It depends on when this game starts and ends, and which policy they’re following. Gates won’t open for our game before 4:30 no matter what.

Last edited:
Still no time, but they should just be waiting for old lightning strikes to be more than 30 minutes old. Maybe 2ish?
2:15pm first pitch. I doubt our game starts at 6pm, but it might not be delayed too long.

Last edited:
The NCAA mandates 50 minutes between games, but it was really 90 minutes yesterday so they could clear the stadium. It depends on when this game starts and ends, and which policy they’re following. Gates won’t open for our game before 4:30 no matter what.
Tks. Good info.

Advertisement
Back