Canes beat St. Thomas; Duke series next

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]849795686522638337[/TWEET]

So... How bout this upcoming series vs Coach K Is The Devil University, how many L's we taking?

Advertisement
Would be YUGE to get a sweep. Would have us over .500 in conference play and right at .500 overall.

But being realistic: 2-1 seems most likely, 1-2 seems likely, and getting swept by Duke definitely isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Amazing how futile a team can look while scoring 14 runs.

I was at the St. Thomas game and we had to work **** hard for those first few runs.

I will say this, there was some timely hitting once we were able to get some guys on base.

If they can keep drawing walks and avoid getting picked off maybe we can scratch out a few more runs than usual.

Oh and Veliz should get a crack at the weekend rotation ahead of Midtown imo.

Advertisement
Would be YUGE to get a sweep. Would have us over .500 in conference play and right at .500 overall.

But being realistic: 2-1 seems most likely, 1-2 seems likely, and getting swept by Duke definitely isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Unfortunately we can't get to .500 overall this weekend because the St. Thomas win doesn't count. We're 12-16 overall. We would've been better off hopping on a bus and driving to Alabama A&M so we could at least get a win that counted.

Midtown got psychologically destroyed in the first game of the CWS last year. Dude never recovered. It was like Kaaya after he got KOd by Clemson.

Down 6-0. Tough to say a game is over in the 4th inning but barring a miracle, this game is over. pathetic

Most pathetic batting skill sets being displayed I've ever seen from a Miami team. Pathetic is an understatement. These guys are awful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not going to say that it's a good series win, but we did what was necessary. It will be nice if we can look back at the Ruiz homer and say that's where the season turned around.

Shockingly we can be tied for 5th in the ACC standings if we pull off the sweep.

And how big is this FGCU game on Wednesday.

Advertisement
Back