CANES BASKETBALL SCHEDULE 2018-19

rex karz

Sophomore
You pinned a download. Good good. man. Tip: HTML allows for graphics to appear without a download.

Consigliere

All-American
Can you fix this please?

Also, drop the “Hardwood”? What does he have dirt on you?

hotshot

Sophomore
That missing "h" in 'Schedule' bugs me. Drags down the U's image as a bastion of academic excellence. Oh, and PLEASE drop the 'Hardwood'.

jkdood

Sophomore
That missing "h" in 'Schedule' bugs me. Drags down the U's image as a bastion of academic excellence. Oh, and PLEASE drop the 'Hardwood'.
Wow didn't see that H. Fixed it. I wanted to post the schedule without a PDF to be clicked on, but nothing I tried worked, so this was the next best thing for now.

hotshot

Sophomore
Looks great! Thanks for posting the schedule! Sorry about the nitpicking.

Da_Lucky_One

Freshman
Today is the last non-conference game of the 2018-19 season until the NCAA Tournament. I am still disappointed with the non-conference schedule today as I was at the start of the season.

Here is my proposed non-conference schedule for the 2019-20 season.

Home games: FIU, USF, Temple, Maryland and Seton Hall
Road games: FAU, UCF, Georgetown, Penn State and St. Johns
Neutral site: UConn (Hoophall) and Florida (Orange Bowl Classic)

Let's petition our athletic department to have the basketball team play a better schedule next season.

jkdood

Sophomore
Today is the last non-conference game of the 2018-19 season until the NCAA Tournament. I am still disappointed with the non-conference schedule today as I was at the start of the season.

Let's petition our athletic department to have the basketball team play a better schedule next season.
Where you gonna be hiding if we are 2-10 going into conference play?

Da_Lucky_One

Freshman
Where you gonna be hiding if we are 2-10 going into conference play?
I will always be right here. Iron sharpens iron. I have alot of confidence in our coaches and players.
With 13 players against that schedule, anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2 is realistic.
8-4 against that schedule is totally different than 8-4 against our schedule this season.

scane

Redshirt Freshman

We play 20 ACC games starting next year, leaving us with only 10 non-conference slots. Three of those will be in the Charleston Classic. Assuming we play on the road in the ACC/Big Challenge and “neutral site” in the Hoophall, I doubt we schedule any other road games (one at most). The schedule will be better with the extra conference games, but nothing is going to change with non-conference quality.

jkdood

Sophomore
Edit: tried some newer techniques; not a lot of success, but I realize the download pinned is now old and awkward...
...so I pasted the Next 5 (same as below)to the pinned first post, and will update regularly
GO CANES
FIRST 5 ACC STARTING JAN 3:
image001.png

Last edited:

hotshot

Sophomore
Unfortunately, without Dewan, I see chance for only one win among those five.

jkdood

Sophomore
I almost want to start a poll... how many of the next 5 (tuff, incl duke-beater Syracuse) we will win. OFC if Dewan returns the answer will change, but I must admit I would be thrilled with 2 and wouldn't be surprised if its none. Hope Im wrong by a lot.

coachpatg

LET'S GO CANES!!!
We'll be lucky if we win 3 of our remaining games. And sad part is that future doesn't look good neither. Last year's recruiting class was bad and I understand the FBI investigation had a lot to do with it. What's the excuse/reason for this year's class?

jkdood

Sophomore
We have not won many in ACC (one vs WF?) but I have been somewhat pleased or even amazed that we stay with the other highly-regarded teams scorewise in most games. At times being within 5 or less in final minutes, and better than that at many halftimes...

...this happens even though we are sloppy with turnovers, lapses in defense and rebounds in general, and go cold shooting. Painful to watch at times, and looks like we should be blown out 20-30 points each time. Somehow we keep it close so maybe we aren't that bad, or maybe they put their secondary folks in more than I care to admit. I keep waiting for an upset win, if all the 7 play their top game throughout, and don't get too worn out.