FINAL: MIA 85 NC 57 !!! (nxt gm 1/22 2PM vs FSU)

Advertisement
Advertisement
What the **** just happened? We're almost literally in a can't-lose situation with 10 seconds left and we blow it? An abomination of an inbound play. Cornelius came open initially but she didn't get the pass. Plus we had another timeout we could have burned. Right in front of our own bench too. How could no one be yelling that to her? And then of course Hof missed at the end bc neither she nor Monpremier could make a basket tonight. Not sure how they both missed so many shots.

That's the best team on campus this year and the one I would be confident wouldn't **** their pants in that situation. What in the holy **** was that?

Advertisement
Horrendous offensive night by the big and way too many turnovers. That out of bounds turnover with 10 seconds left was unreal. The inbounded ooking straight at Cornelius and doesn't give her the ball. Then looks away then goes back for the panic turnover. This is going to sting this team for a long time. I feel bad for the seniors.

Wow, she gets to host and Meier still cannot get through the second round. Great season for the ladies. Really feel bad for the seniors.

What the **** just happened? We're almost literally in a can't-lose situation with 10 seconds left and we blow it? An abomination of an inbound play. Cornelius came open initially but she didn't get the pass. Plus we had another timeout we could have burned. Right in front of our own bench too. How could no one be yelling that to her? And then of course Hof missed at the end bc neither she nor Monpremier could make a basket tonight. Not sure how they both missed so many shots.
Just a choke deer in the headlights moment. Cornileus was open initially, but the inbounder didn't give her the ball. Then she looks right and then back left to Cornelius who was then covered. The inbounder totally panicked!!! Should have called a time out worst case. Makes me want to puke!!! I was screaming at the tv "get the **** ball in!!!!!"

Advertisement
Wow, she gets to host and Meier still cannot get through the second round. Great season for the ladies. Really feel bad for the seniors.
This was textbook UM women’s ball. I don’t know if it’s right to blame KM or call it a curse.

And someone on the coaching staff should’ve called a TO as soon as that ball wasn’t inbounded with confidence. The entire team blinked, and it literally cost you your season.

So close but yet so far away. Gray is absent in the second half. Critical turnovers basically all year. Very good recruiting class coming in but Katie needs to back check on some things. We outmatched them in most positions and could not take advantage.

The frustrating part about this game(and this team) is that when Miami needed their stars to step up, they didn't. A perfect example of this was late in the 4th as Mompremier drove to the lane, while LC was standing in the corner, begging for the ball. She was smoking hot, there wasn't a soul within 15 feet of her. Did B give it up? No, she took an ill-advised fadeaway, which had little chance of going in. Emese couldn't hit a layup if her life depended on it today. LC and Gray were the only two players I saw that really wanted to be there. That weren't afraid of the moment.

I just want to know who outside of LC and Gray have that dog in them. I don't think B has it, she's just physically talented. Mese is the living stereotype of a Euro player: Talented, but soft and shrinks in big moments. Meier can't pour the dog she's had throughout her career into these players, she needs to find ballers that have it the moment they hit campus. I'm hoping that LC and Gray take over as verbal leaders, someone needs to lead this team.

Advertisement
So close but yet so far away. Gray is absent in the second half. Critical turnovers basically all year. Very good recruiting class coming in but Katie needs to back check on some things. We outmatched them in most positions and could not take advantage.

Two bigs couldn't combine to score 20 points. That's what lost the game. Miami has two of the best bigs in the country, too bad they shrunk two sizes in crunch time.

Another postseason lady Canes choke job. Call it what you want, Katie has done excellent things with the program, but we are stuck in the mud and can never advance past the round of 32.

Advertisement
Back