CaneHunt ’14: Safety Board (S) | MAR. 1

View as article

TexCane

Sophomore
Miami’s Need: 2-3

The Canes currently have four safeties (Highsmith, Rogers, Jenkins & Bush) on the roster. Highsmith and Rogers will be seniors this year. Jamal Carter and possibly Artie Burns will join the group this summer. We have some very good talent but will seriously lack depth after next season, when the Canes will be down to three safeties. Look for Miami to take two or three recruits in the 2014 class.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Prospects:

1. Name: Kiy Hester

Hometown/School: Wayne, NJ (St. Joseph Regional )
HT: 6-0 | WT: 200 | 40: NA
Season Stats: NA
247Sports Composite: Rating: 92 Rank: #18 ATH
Scouting Report (s): NA
Schools of Interest: (21) Miami, MI, MI State, OSU, GT, Vandy
Leader(s): Too early
Chance: Too early

UPDATES:

3/1/13: Kiy Hester
is a quality athlete that can play a number of positions on the field. Miami is recruiting Kiy as a safety. Kiy is a quality safety prospect from New Jersey. Hester is rated 92 and ranked the #18 athlete in the nation, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Kiy is Miami’s #1 safety target in this cycle although he can also play corner or wide receiver. The Canes have been on Hester for quite some time, offering him early last summer. He lists UM as one of his top schools being considered. Kiy seems willing to play safety at the next level. It’s also been reported he is friends with Alquadin Muhammad and Kevin Olsen.

2. Name: Trey Marshall

Hometown/School: Columbia (Lake City, FL)
HT: 6-1 | WT: 185 | 40:
Season Stats:
247Sports Composite: Rating: 90 Rank: #24 Safety
Scouting Report (s):
Schools of Interest: (12) FSU, UGA, USF, Vandy, LSU

UPDATES:

3/1/13: Trey Marshall
is a quality safety prospect from Lake City just outside of Tallahassee. Hester is rated 90 and ranked the #24 safety in the nation, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Miami is recruiting Trey as a safety, although he can also play corner. Marshall is built solid to deliver punishment. Unfortunately, it will be a tough pull for the Canes since the Seminoles are close by and have a long relationship with Marshall.

3. Name: Deion Singleton

Hometown/School: Amos P. Godby (C) (Tallahassee, Fl.)
HT: 6-1.5 | WT: 165 | 40:
Season Stats: NA
247Sports Composite: Rating: 90 Rank: #23 Safety
Schools of Interest: (15) KY, ARK, FIU, GT, LOU, LSU, Miami
Leader(s): Kentucky

UPDATES:

3/1/13: Deion Singleton
is another quality safety prospect from Tallahassee. Deion is rated 90 and ranked as the #23 safety in the country, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Singleton had built a strong relationship with Mark Stoops at FSU. Since Stoops took over at Kentucky, Deion has had the Wildcats as his favorite. It will again be a tough pull for Miami.

4. Name: Deandre Scott

Hometown/School: Philadelphia, PA (Imhotep Institute Charter)
HT: 5-8 | WT: 180 | 40: NA
Season Stats: 69 TCK | 5 TFL | 4 SCK | 6 INT | 4 INTD
247Sports Composite: Rating: 87 Rank: #48 Safety
Schools of Interest: (10) AZ, ASU, BC, Miami, RUT, Tenn, PSU, Pitt, Temple

UPDATES:

3/1/13: Deandre Scott
is a good safety prospect from Philadelphia. Deandre is rated 87 and ranked the #48 safety in the nation, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Scott is small in statue but one of the hardest hitting safety prospects anywhere. He has no favorites at this time. Deandre may be a good test for Coaches Golden and D, since this is their old hunting grounds.

NOTE: University School’s Quincy Wilson is a local South Florida prospect that many Canes fans want on our team. Quincy is a legacy, with his dad playing at UM in the 1990s. So far, Miami has not offered Quincy.

Advertisement
You need to re-think this whole "Canhunt" thing. At first glance, it looks like the word ****.

Thanks Tex

So let me get it straight.

These are ALL the safeties Miami has offered?

Advertisement
You need to re-think this whole "Canhunt" thing. At first glance, it looks like the word ****.

Hey Joe...

If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Tex

Tex, big fan of your work.

However just wanted to point out that when someone makes a post on this website, to the left of the post the user's name is written in green.

That way, there is no mystery surrounding who posted what, and people don't have to sign each post with their name.

I'm also a big fan of Tex' work.

Tex, do you expect all these players to sign with Miami and if so, what percentage of probability would you place on each?

Quality work.

From a quality poster.

Please continue this quality in the future.

Advertisement

Hey Joe...

Tex

Just trying to help you out. The whole CaneHunt moniker is wack and you consider coming up with something better.

Regards,

Jim Pager

No offense man but do you really give a **** what the name is? If you want to use it to see who we're offering than do so. If not there are plenty other threads to read.

Not sure if you are one of them but some of you guys are going to Tex's threads just to find something to criticize. For a bunch of "grown *** men" this board still has some maturing to do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ryheem Lockley (did I spell that right?) will come in as a safety if he manages to make it into school this year

Ryheem Lockley (did I spell that right?) will come in as a safety if he manages to make it into school this year

Very intriguing. Carter is going to push Jenkins and Bush has a spot locked down if he is healthy. With how we got those two freshmen playing last year I would love to see what they do with a kid like Lockley, without having to force him into action since we actually have depth at the spot for a change.

Hey Joe...

Tex

Just trying to help you out. The whole CaneHunt moniker is wack and you consider coming up with something better.

Regards,

Jim Pager

No offense man but do you really give a **** what the name is? If you want to use it to see who we're offering than do so. If not there are plenty other threads to read.

Not sure if you are one of them but some of you guys are going to Tex's threads just to find something to criticize. For a bunch of "grown *** men" this board still has some maturing to do.

Couldn't agree more.

Advertisement
Thanks Tex

So let me get it straight.

These are ALL the safeties Miami has offered?

----------------------------------------------------

Miami has made 87 offers to date. I expect them to make 175-200 offers before its over. The will be more safeties offered.

In recruiting, if a school's staff is respected as evaluators, other schools will watch and then jump in with their offer. I get the sense that Miami's coaching staff is well respected in that area.

Tex

[]_[];1437598 said:

Hey Joe...

Tex

Tex, big fan of your work.

However just wanted to point out that when someone makes a post on this website, to the left of the post the user's name is written in green.

That way, there is no mystery surrounding who posted what, and people don't have to sign each post with their name.

I sign all my work.

Advertisement
Back