Burgess-Becker takes in spring game

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 ATH Shawn Burgess-Becker has taken advantage of the 7-on-7 circuit this offseason and emerged as one of the top prospects in Florida. The sophomore athlete was in attendance for Miami’s spring game last Saturday and shared his thoughts on the scrimmage.

“I got there a little bit late, so I wasn’t able to get on the sidelines, but as I was watching it looked like they had a pretty good team. They have some mind problems they have to fix. What I seen was a lot of dropped passes and some of the corners didn’t play as well as I have seen.”

Burgess-Becker was particularly impressed by one player’s performance.

“I was watching all of the receivers and mostly DBs. Kidd, number 87, stood out. He has great, strong hands and is a great route runner. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start next year. I went to the last practice too and what I’ve seen from him is a very hard-worker. He’s a great blocker and works hard even when the ball isn’t coming to him.”

The Monarch High School star has respect for Miami Head Coach Al Golden.

“I had a good talk with Al Golden last time I was out there. He treats his players with a lot of respect and is a great coach.”

Burgess-Becker’s close friend and Fire 7-on-7 teammate Alin Edouard has been recruiting for the ‘Canes.

“He tells me how good the coaching is and that they are gonna get him right for the next level so I just hope I get these offers and play on a college division-1 team.”

The 6’1”, 180-lb athlete isn’t stressing the recruiting process.

“I just love the sport a lot so it doesn’t really matter where I go. I just want a chance to fulfill my dreams and make it to the NFL.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy was the most impressive athlete at the two camps I've been to. Makes everything look easy. He's going to be a big receiver, too.

Burgess-Becker, Jordan Scarlett and Johnson from Killian strike me as early five-star types.

This guy was the most impressive athlete at the two camps I've been to. Makes everything look easy. He's going to be a big receiver, too.

Burgess-Becker, Jordan Scarlett and Johnson from Killian strike me as early five-star types.

Devante Phillips..Miami Central....and Wr Peake from STA Look out for.

Advertisement
As hyped up as the 2014 class of WRs is, I like the 2015 group better.

Yeah I said the same thing in another thread. 2014 looks to have more depth, but the top tier in Phillips, Durante and Becker are all great WRs who make everything look easy. I see Tim Irvin playing CB in college

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back