Buffoon ****man

Advertisement
Of course football giving up a long third down and then a big pass play consecutively. Watching these games simultaneously is going to scar me.

Advertisement
Pretty ugly performance today overall. The two technical fouls against Bethune were both well timed for us (also helps that DJ is pretty much automatic from the free throw line).

Some other thoughts:
-How does Waardenberg keep cramping? That’s three times in the last four games.
-If Huell/Hernandez isn’t back soon we’re going to need to burn Miller’s redshirt. Izundu proved again that he’s liable to foul out of any game. Combine that with Sam’s inability to finish games, and you’re left with only Gak to close.
-Gak looks lost when he touches the basketball, but he’s shown a lot of promise defensively and rebounding. That was an incredible block at the end. It’s certainly more than Miller has shown in his first two years.
-DJ was really active defensively deflecting and intercepting passes. Especially in the first half when the team as a whole was struggling. Hopefully that’s his reduced weight helping him rather than just the level of opponent.

Even with Hernandez, we'd have a problem with ACC teams who are physical (which is almost all of them). Without him, we just won't be competitive. Sam, Gak and Izundu are soft as Charmin when it comes to providing toughness and strength down low.

Some things:

1. This was our third straight game against a crap opponent. Sure, these teams COULD go to the NCAAT but they would need to win their conference to do so. These aren't at large teams. With that said, I am glad we won because this loss would have been atrocious.

2. We played like crap today and a lot of things didn't make sense. For the first ~10 minutes of the first half, we couldn't hit a shot and they were in the double bonus. Stop shooting the ball. Get to the hoop, draw the foul and hit your FTs. We shot 26 3s today. We should've shot less as they were in the bonus for a large percentage of the game. We only hit 2 3PTs in the first half (I think we started 2 for 9).

3. It is a good thing that we were hitting our FTs because that was our only consistent scoring.

4. Lykes really is a spark plug. Jebus. When was the last time (I have no idea) a Miami player scored 20 points or more three games in a row? I have no idea. DJ played pretty darn good too: 20 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Steals and 2 Assists (6-6 FT).

5. For those that think this Dewan stuff isn't a big deal, this was exactly why. We were out rebounded and two big men combined for 7 Points, 7 Rebounds. Dewan should be able to contribute 14 PPG and 7 RPG himself. We need Dewan to be our main down low option. These should be practice games for us.

For those keeping score, King and Peters are still playing. There is no reason for Dewan to travel to the tourney at this rate. This is beyond a joke.

6. I know Johnson had some issues this game but you can see what he brings. I would not give up on him. His shot is going to start falling soon, hopefully.

-If Huell/Hernandez isn’t back soon we’re going to need to burn Miller’s redshirt. Izundu proved again that he’s liable to foul out of any game. Combine that with Sam’s inability to finish games, and you’re left with only Gak to close.

I would burn the shirt for a different reason (i.e. wasted scholarship). Gak in his three games here has shown more ability than Miller at any point during his tenure. I hate to break it to you, if we're relying on Miller for any serious burn, we're in trouble.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would burn the shirt for a different reason (i.e. wasted scholarship). Gak in his three games here has shown more ability than Miller at any point during his tenure. I hate to break it to you, if we're relying on Miller for any serious burn, we're in trouble.
Miller is terrible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back