Bryan Cox Jr.

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
To the Gates.

Interesting to see how he ends up doing there. Some were a little ****ed we never went after him.

Advertisement
Didn't seem like his frame was great for a DE and he didn't look real explosive to me. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement
There wasn't much talk about Cox during the year and there wasn't much interest from him from what I understand. I think his dad is good friends with our DC.

STA kids are usually very prepared for college so we will see what happens, he will probably play the buck position so you won't see him as a true DE

There wasn't much talk about Cox during the year and there wasn't much interest from him from what I understand. I think his dad is good friends with our DC.

STA kids are usually very prepared for college so we will see what happens, he will probably play the buck position so you won't see him as a true DE

Yeah I didnt even know you guys were recruiting him. I thought he would be a kid that would end up at Louisville or a school like that trying to get a little wedge in at STA. Good athlete, just dont know where he fits in.

Advertisement
This is prolly as much of a PR move by the gates as it is a talent acquisition move. St. Thomas Aquainas has been leaning towards UM lately.

As for Bryan Cox jr, I never really thought he was a BCS caliber kid. He was the 3rd best D lineman on his HS team. The kid we really need to land from this year's STA D line is Joe Bosa. He's the son of former Dolphins #1 pick, John Bosa. Joe Bosa is a 2013 kid and will likely be a high 4 star recruit.

Cox was only at STA for one season. I think its more that UF liked him than trying to get an in at STA

This is prolly as much of a PR move by the gates as it is a talent acquisition move. St. Thomas Aquainas has been leaning towards UM lately.

As for Bryan Cox jr, I never really thought he was a BCS caliber kid. He was the 3rd best D lineman on his HS team. The kid we really need to land from this year's STA D line is Joe Bosa. He's the son of former Dolphins #1 pick, John Bosa. Joe Bosa is a 2013 kid and will likely be a high 4 star recruit.

Agreed SF. But we're more than likely not getting Bosa. Bama has been his 1 for a while now. <-This I can tell you is fact. Cox underachieved while at STA. Was never a fan. He Should do more with what he has. In the end, I'm glad we passed.

Nothing special but we got enough room to take 32. Depth on the front 7 is never a bad thing. May be a career special teamer or may blossom who knows there's some tools to work with. Our frontline guys are very young and very good, we just need depth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back