Brewton Talks 1st Interception

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Columbus (Miami, FL) Safety Calvin Brewton recorded his first career interception as an official explorer during his team’s 34-21 victory over Miami Southridge.
Brewton spoke about his first pick and also about the win.

“It felt good for my first interception this year, but it was about the team today.”

Brewton will be playing in two marquee games in the upcoming weeks as Columbus takes on both Miami Central (Fla.) and Miami Northwestern (Fla.).

“We have to come out and the defense has to be on point. Central has and explosive offense just like Northwestern does so we have to come out strong.”

Brewton was watched by Miami Defensive Backs coach Paul Williams, and Brewton did speak about Miami.

“There is nothing like staying home and playing college football for me.”

Brewton has been receiving interest from multiple schools including Florida State, Oregon, Rutgers and Miami.

While the 2015 safety prospect is young, he has an idea of when he wants to choose his school.

“I’m looking to make a decision during my junior year or senior year”

The Columbus product is planning to visit FSU soon saying, “I want to go back up to Tallahassee and visit FSU”

Brewton gave props to the current hurricane commit saying Jamal Carter is the best player he has ever played against.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back