Boomer says they are getting it on purpose

Because it’s election season the media is making this issue as illogical as it possibly can. Going for Herd immunity is the smartest approach and also being out in the sun to strengthen your immune system as well. This is the new reality some ppl are just going to die and most ppl are going to live. Hiding in ur damn house like a fat pig for a year straight will do nothing but make it easier for this virus or anything else to kill you.
This is ravaging old folks, and not just the ones who get it.

RVACane

Remember me? Benny Blanco?
Staff member
Because it’s election season the media is making this issue as illogical as it possibly can. Going for Herd immunity is the smartest approach and also being out in the sun to strengthen your immune system as well. This is the new reality some ppl are just going to die and most ppl are going to live. Hiding in ur damn house like a fat pig for a year straight will do nothing but make it easier for this virus or anything else to kill you.
9A3B9F1F-7F49-42A2-BB8A-04E0DB2B05A9.gif

37 Clempsen football players have it.

Thirty seven.

3 and 7

What is that? Close to 40% of the team + walkons.

I have never been big on conspiracy theories and I’m still not.

But is it any wonder people think this?

Right now, I don’t think it’s intentional, but I am giving it an very slight, very tiny, outside chance.

One thing, conspiracies always come to light, and in a large group of people, there’s always a few that blab. Too many moving parts. Too many people.

A more likely explanation is a bunch of careless kids partying in close proximity to a bunch of other careless kids, sharing drinks, spit, and whatever else, in the weeks before they returned to school.

37 Clempsen football players have it.

Thirty seven.

3 and 7

What is that? Close to 40% of the team + walkons.

I have never been big on conspiracy theories and I’m still not.

But is it any wonder people think this?

Right now, I don’t think it’s intentional, but I am giving it an very slight, very tiny, outside chance.

One thing, conspiracies always come to light, and in a large group of people, there’s always a few that blab. Too many moving parts. Too many people.

A more likely explanation is a bunch of careless kids partying in close proximity to a bunch of other careless kids, sharing drinks, spit, and whatever else, in the weeks before they returned to school.
It does make your eyebrows raise a little, for sure. But this thing is WILDLY contagious. If these kids aren't adhering to any social distancing practices at all and basically acting like it doesn't exist, it could easily make its way through 37 kids who are all in close quarters like you certainly are as a 19 year old kid in a football facility, dorm rooms, apartments, sharing Xbox controllers, joints, food, drinks, etc.

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
It does make your eyebrows raise a little, for sure. But this thing is WILDLY contagious. If these kids aren't adhering to any social distancing practices at all and basically acting like it doesn't exist, it could easily make its way through 37 kids who are all in close quarters like you certainly are as a 19 year old kid in a football facility, dorm rooms, apartments, sharing Xbox controllers, joints, food, drinks, etc.
lol U really think this “social distancing” bs is a real way to protect anyone from an “extremely contagious” virus??..

So if you are 5 ft away from someone you’re in the danger zone but if you’re “6 feet” away you’re safe...... :kobe:

Last edited:

The Svengali

Sophomore
So, lawsuits don’t matter anymore. Anyone really think a university would risk a $300 million class action lawsuit and a coach, his job, over this? You don’t think this would leak out if it were true?

“Ya’ll boys just come on over hear, sit together and get some of this coronavirus from your teammates!! Hold hands! Who cares if some of you might be overweight or have some undetected autoimmune disease or undetected heart conduction!”

No, there more likely scenario is, there are holes/gaps in Clemson’s social distancing processes, especially during workouts. The virus is easily spread during intense group workouts, where there is lots of sweat/humidity.

lol U really think this “social distancing” bs is a real way to protect anyone from an “extremely contagious” virus??..

So if you are 5 ft away from someone you’re in the danger zone but if you’re “6 feet” away you’re safe...... :kobe:
Clownshoes….it's just a guide. Nobody knows for sure. But you have to draw the line somewhere. You can't say you have to have a mile between people. 6 feet is an appropriate distance for particles to travel (or really, not travel). Nobody would ever say at 5.99 feet you're dead and 6.00 feet you're 100% safe. I know it's hard for you because you have a very average, at best, IQ...but try to be reasonable for once in your life. 6 feet is just the number that says, "Hey, if you stay 6 feet away from people, you're probably OK". Nobody ever said you can't get infected at 6 feet, nor did they say you're guaranteed to get it within 6 feet.

But it's very contagious and 19 year old kids who don't give a **** and touch all the same stuff, each other, share women, blunts, joysticks, forks, knives, cups, doors, shake hands, etc...yes, it can run though a close group of people like that very quickly.

TimeB0mb

Junior
You’re talking about society as a whole. Herd immunity is certainly achievable amongst 85 people.
Well, you have to make assumptions-
1. That the virus you get now is the virus that will be floating around later (probably will evolve)
2. That getting the virus means that you develop antibodies preventing reinfection (unknown reinfection rates)
3. That the antibodies will last through the year (who knows, maybe the window of immunity is very small)
4. That there will not be serious unknown side effects to the coronavirus (like chicken pox infection can lead to shingles)
5. That some of the players will not get it so severely that it is life threatening (taking a big chance, my uncle was in pretty good health, but was on death's doorstep from coronavirus, was in coma for 4 days but thankfully recovered). Obviously teenagers will probably have better immune systems, but I wouldn't want my child to get it.
6. That they would be able to keep this secret. What's the #1 rule of conspiracies? The bigger the numbers involved, the bigger the chance that someone will leak something. I don't see 80+ players being able to keep a secret if they are being deliberately affected.

jthomps123

Recruit
Well, you have to make assumptions-
1. That the virus you get now is the virus that will be floating around later (probably will evolve)
2. That getting the virus means that you develop antibodies preventing reinfection (unknown reinfection rates)
3. That the antibodies will last through the year (who knows, maybe the window of immunity is very small)
4. That there will not be serious unknown side effects to the coronavirus (like chicken pox infection can lead to shingles)
5. That some of the players will not get it so severely that it is life threatening (taking a big chance, my uncle was in pretty good health, but was on death's doorstep from coronavirus, was in coma for 4 days but thankfully recovered). Obviously teenagers will probably have better immune systems, but I wouldn't want my child to get it.
6. That they would be able to keep this secret. What's the #1 rule of conspiracies? The bigger the numbers involved, the bigger the chance that someone will leak something. I don't see 80+ players being able to keep a secret if they are being deliberately affected.
No need to assume 80 people know they are part of a conspiracy.