Bond Talks Miami Offer

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2013 Sierra Community College Linebacker (Cal.) Devante Bond was greeted by a visit from Miami Hurricanes Defensive Line Coach Jethro Franklin on Monday at his school.

“He wanted to come see me face to face and he actually came to see me and my mom.”

Bond was surprised after Franklin told him that he had been offered by Miami.

“He told me I have an offer from the University of Miami, which I am very excited about because I have been waiting for it.”

Bond has built a good relationship with Coach Franklin, as the two talk consistently over the phone.

“Coach Franklin, he is a straight guy. He is really cool and he is a straight shooter so he is a real cool guy.”

Bond has had high interest in the 'Canes and talked about why he likes them so much.

“The thing I like about Miami is certainly the coaching staff. I know I can come in and be a pass-rusher. I know they are in need of a pass-rusher. The tradition of Miami and how it's 'The U' and just trying to get that back.”

Bond is planning a visit for Miami on December 7th, and is eager to see if it is a place where he can be comfortable.

“I wanna feel comfortable when I go there. I wanna talk to the coaches and I just really want to see what they have to offer at Miami.”

Bond currently has no front runners in his recruitment, but does reiterate a very high interest in Miami.

“I’ll tell you that I really do like Miami, but I don’t really have any schools sticking out right now, but I do like Miami a lot.”

Bond recorded 77 tackles with 27 for loss and 17 sacks with 4 forced fumbles this season.

Advertisement
2013 Sierra Community College Linebacker (Cal.) Devante Bond was greeted by a visit from Miami Hurricanes Defensive Line Coach Jethro Franklin on Monday at his school.

“He wanted to come see me face to face and he actually came to see me and my mom.”

Bond was surprised after Franklin told him that he had been offered by Miami.

“He told me I have an offer from the University of Miami, which I am very excited about because I have been waiting for it.”

Bond has built a good relationship with Coach Franklin, as the two talk consistently over the phone.

“Coach Franklin, he is a straight guy. He is really cool and he is a straight shooter so he is a real cool guy.”

Bond has had high interest in the 'Canes and talked about why he likes them so much.

“The thing I like about Miami is certainly the coaching staff. I know I can come in and be a pass-rusher. I know they are in need of a pass-rusher. The tradition of Miami and how it's 'The U' and just trying to get that back.”

Bond is planning a visit for Miami on December 7th, and is eager to see if it is a place where he can be comfortable.

“I wanna feel comfortable when I go there. I wanna talk to the coaches and I just really want to see what they have to offer at Miami.”

Bond currently has no front runners in his recruitment, but does reiterate a very high interest in Miami.

“I’ll tell you that I really do like Miami, but I don’t really have any schools sticking out right now, but I do like Miami a lot.”

Bond recorded 77 tackles with 27 for loss and 17 sacks with 4 forced fumbles this season.

Will fap later.

Advertisement
1078387.jpg

juiced up O-Dawg. You know this boy wakes up to Mc Eight everyday and eats links for breakfast wearing house shoes with socks.

Yeah get the feeling this guy will be a bigger version Vaughn Telemarque, I wonder just how commitable that offer is, I think bonds is a solid back up plan. With the numbers being limited and him not being a JAN 2013, enrollee which is really a key benefit of the jucos this year. But still congrats to the youngman for making it this far.

Go Canes

Yeah get the feeling this guy will be a bigger version Vaughn Telemarque, I wonder just how commitable that offer is, I think bonds is a solid back up plan. With the numbers being limited and him not being a JAN 2013, enrollee which is really a key benefit of the jucos this year. But still congrats to the youngman for making it this far.

Go Canes

Huh? Bond is a pass-rushing OLB. There are no similarities between him and VT7

As far as the offer being committable, I would say it is. Franklin didn't go all the way out to California to extend an uncommittable offer.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Dammit mane

Huh? Bond is a pass-rushing OLB. There are no similarities between him and VT7

As far as the offer being committable, I would say it is. Franklin didn't go all the way out to California to extend an uncommittable offer.

Tell him pete

Advertisement

Go Canes

Stick to finding random *** DT's man.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Hooks and Bond would be welcomed additions

Both are instant impact guys. A guy like Tim Williams could be very good with time, but these two would greatly improve the defense next year

The thing about Tim Williams is that south Florida produces kids on his level just about every recruiting season. I'd rather pass on him to allow for these scholarship reductions.

Advertisement
Back