Bethel Ready for University School

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Back in August a lot of experts predicted Booker T Washington (Fla.) and University School (Fla.) to meet in the 2nd round of the state playoffs for the 4A classification. This Friday both the Tornadoes and Suns will meet in a highly anticipated match-up of two former State Champions.

While most players and coaches are excited and eagerly awaiting the game, Booker T Washington corner back Nigel Bethel is looking at it as just another game.

“We’re just coming in like every other game, we’re gonna come in an try to blow them out; treat every game the same way. The defense force turnovers, hopefully get a shutout and offense put up points.”

University School features a talented wide receiver stable filled with plenty of division one level talent with guys like Sam Bruce, Chris Taylor and Emmanuel Soto. Despite all that talent, Bethel refuses to show any concern.

“The mindset going into the game is just to get some turnovers, I don’t want to say we’re going to do anything unusual. I feel like everybody in our secondary and our defense is capable of covering, so we’re really not going to need to put pressure on one specific guy. We just want to force Sean White to throw some picks.

The Hurricane commit has been watching his future teams play and shared his thoughts on the last few losses.

“I feel like the defense hasn’t been showing up, the offense is doing what they can. The defense just has to step up.”

When asked if Miami’s play as of late is affecting his commitment, the Booker T product reassures that he is solidly committed.

Another thing that has caught Bethel’s eye is the 2014 recruiting class Miami has put together especially with the recent pick up of both St. Thomas Aquinas defensive linemen Anthony Moten and South Dade receiver Tyre Brady.

“The defense doesn’t really concern me, I feel like the recruiting class we have coming in is gonna be alright. It’s probably gonna go down as one of the best recruiting classes in Miami history and we are all gonna be able to make an immediate impact.

Bethel is planning his official visit to Miami for sometime in December or January and does not have any other visits planned.

Advertisement
Great to hear these recruits are still on board. This recruiting class will hopefully help us turn the corner.

Recruits aren't going to just leave like we're struggling but we can be in much worst positions and teams in worse shape then us still are getting studs so theres not much to worry about

Advertisement
Some body send this quote to AL GOLDEN and have him post it every where:

“We’re just coming in like every other game, we’re gonna come in an try to blow them out; treat every game the same way. The defense force turnovers, hopefully get a shutout and offense put up points.”

THIS NEEDS TO BE OUR DEFENSIVE PHILOSPHY PERIOD ....not playing down to our competition

This young fella get's it, and early. This is one of the things lacking in this team, cane identity.

Man!!! D"Nofrio getting his hand on these guys scares the **** out of me! After three years of watching what D'Nofrio does is like delivering your child to a molester. You know its gonna be bad. real Bad. Hard to decide who I hate more D'Nofrio or The gaytors. I'm not in a good place.

Advertisement
IMG_4107_zps7cbbbf72.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This young fella get's it, and early. This is one of the things lacking in this team, cane identity.

The kid's attitude is great no doubt but the whole cane identity statement kinda rubs me the wrong way. This is exactly what every body has kept regurgitating about this kid or that kid for the last 5-6 years, and the results on the field say, no they dont have a Cane identity. Nothing against you at all, but Im just tired of this.

Advertisement
Back