Best Non-Florida School Recruiting South Florida?

WestByGOD101

All business all the time
Wut you got?

If this is the wrong board, the mods can move.

Just wondering how many schools are ahead of WVU on that list. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Auburn, Bama, Wisconsin, Ohio State, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Clemson in some order.

Advertisement
Loserville has to be on that list unfortunately. Miramar is int West Virginia's pipeline but its shown Miami is now able to get guys from there. Aubarn buys their players from down here. I think Ohio State does the best imo, although I'm hoping *** stays in Gators territory and pluck their talent from them instead of ours.

auburn has ties b/c of that punk *** Genron cat... I heard he got paid around 50 stacks one year. Somebody from FSU ratted his *** out...

Ohio State
Louisville
West Virginia
Clemson
Bama
Wisconsin
Rutgers(not sure to be honest, don't know many Florida players there.)

Advertisement
Don't like seeing the following schools on one of our commit lists:
WVU - Grades vultures & Miramar
Clemson - $
LSU - $
Auburn - $ and Dillard
Louisville - committed to taking #s even if not the best kids to get 'connections', seems to be paying off
Tennessee - seem to have fallen off a tad since they took the kids with the made up degree program

Hate seeing UF, FSU, Bammer, etc., but I can stomach losing a kid to one of those places because kids just like different things. (With the exception of Dwyer kids picking UF.... don't like that coach).

I ain't trying to be attacked for this. But the perception of WVU as a "grades vulture" is ridiculous. WVU can't take props and has the exact same admissions standards for athletes as every non Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame BCS school in the country.

I ain't trying to be attacked for this. But the perception of WVU as a "grades vulture" is ridiculous. WVU can't take props and has the exact same admissions standards for athletes as every non Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame BCS school in the country.

Uh no it's not. Just because there's an NCAA standard, doesn't mean it's a nationwide standard. Schools can choose whatever requirements they want, above that NCAA requirement. You may not wanna believe it, but it's no coincidence that every time a kid has grade problems down here, they usually have WVU(and Louisville) on their list. Because those 2 schools use the bare minimum NCAA requirement. Miami does not.

Advertisement

Osa Nosa's still crying that he had to go to that ****hole.

Bro WVU is built to take substandard students, I have a friend there currently who took a class called 'football' wanna guess who was in the class? As far as WVU goes you really only need to know one word, DEVINE kid could not get in at FSU but got in there. They do do a good job down here though and I would rank them as the no.1 school down here. They come in every yr for as long as I can remember and get a few kids. Usually pretty good players for them as well. I dont hate them for it. Hey at least these kids with bad grades have somewhere to go to school.

Uh no it's not. Just because there's an NCAA standard, doesn't mean it's a nationwide standard. Schools can choose whatever requirements they want, above that NCAA requirement. You may not wanna believe it, but it's no coincidence that every time a kid has grade problems down here, they usually have WVU(and Louisville) on their list. Because those 2 schools use the bare minimum NCAA requirement. Miami does not.

You presume too much in your response. Outside of Miramar, which is an established pipeline, it's not like WVU has taken a desired recruit out of South Florida since Noel Devine. And Devine's desire to both get out of Florida AND ability to gain admittance to LSU and Florida State was well documented.

I have a great friend who worked in the Ohio State compliance office, and he relayed the standards to me. Basically, there are NCAA standards, and then there are each individual school's standards. The ability of the football, basketball, etc. programs to deviate from the school's standards to accept a kid who is otherwise qualified per NCAA standards is pretty well universal across major-college football and basketball. The accepted practice is that schools will admit a kid who meets the NCAA standards, but who does not meet the school's standards, at least 3-5 times each year. Do you not remember when Coach K got Sean Dockerey into Duke?

Name me a WVU player/commitment who went to WVU solely because he could not gain admission into Miami, Florida, etc? Like I said, you're confusing the ability of some schools, namely SEC schools, to accept partial qualifiers with other schools across the country. WVU and the rest of the Big East do not accept partial qualifiers/Props.

I'm not arguing that WVU's academics are on par with Miami's, as far as the University is concerned. I'd be a fool to say as much, as Miami has established itself as an elite academic institution the last few years, while WVU is an also-ran. But when it comes to getting a much-desired football/basketball recruit into the school, there is no difference.

You presume too much in your response. Outside of Miramar, which is an established pipeline, it's not like WVU has taken a desired recruit out of South Florida since Noel Devine. And Devine's desire to both get out of Florida AND ability to gain admittance to LSU and Florida State was well documented.

I have a great friend who worked in the Ohio State compliance office, and he relayed the standards to me. Basically, there are NCAA standards, and then there are each individual school's standards. The ability of the football, basketball, etc. programs to deviate from the school's standards to accept a kid who is otherwise qualified per NCAA standards is pretty well universal across major-college football and basketball. The accepted practice is that schools will admit a kid who meets the NCAA standards, but who does not meet the school's standards, at least 3-5 times each year. Do you not remember when Coach K got Sean Dockerey into Duke?

Name me a WVU player/commitment who went to WVU solely because he could not gain admission into Miami, Florida, etc? Like I said, you're confusing the ability of some schools, namely SEC schools, to accept partial qualifiers with other schools across the country. WVU and the rest of the Big East do not accept partial qualifiers/Props.

I'm not arguing that WVU's academics are on par with Miami's, as far as the University is concerned. I'd be a fool to say as much, as Miami has established itself as an elite academic institution the last few years, while WVU is an also-ran. But when it comes to getting a much-desired football/basketball recruit into the school, there is no difference.

Ivan McCartney, Geno Smith, and the other big reciever they had last year were all recruits from florida that most everyone wanted. WVU, Louisville, Bama, Auburn, Ohio State are probably the top teams.

Advertisement
McCartney is a guy who would have been a Cane if he could have gotten in, but instead he went to WVU

Ivan McCartney, Geno Smith, and the other big reciever they had last year were all recruits from florida that most everyone wanted. WVU, Louisville, Bama, Auburn, Ohio State are probably the top teams.

This answer was not responsive to my question. McCartney, Smith, and Bailey went to WVU because they CHOSE WVU over other offering schools. The pipeline is established. Smith was already our starting QB when McCartney committed. Miramar's head coach was a WVU player, and we've had demonstrated success with Miramar players for several years now. I asked for a WVU player/commit that went to WVU because he couldn't get into a Florida schools. The Miramar guys most certainly do not fall into that category. They went to WVU to play with their close friends, and because they were made certain promises as far as playing time.

Ivan McCartney was one. Geno Smith was not. Geno didn't wanna come here because we got 3 QB's the year before. And as you stated WBG, Noel Devine would not have gotten into Miami or UF. And saying he could've gotten into LSU and FSU, isn't saying much, because both of them aren't that much higher than the NCAA minimum requirement.

Advertisement
Clemson - $
LSU - $
Auburn - $ and Dillard
Louisville - committed to taking #s even if not the best kids to get 'connections', seems to be paying off
Tennessee - seem to have fallen off a tad since they took the kids with the made up degree program

Hate seeing UF, FSU, Bammer, etc., but I can stomach losing a kid to one of those places because kids just like different things. (With the exception of Dwyer kids picking UF.... don't like that coach).

wut

Ivan McCartney was one. Geno Smith was not. Geno didn't wanna come here because we got 3 QB's the year before. And as you stated WBG, Noel Devine would not have gotten into Miami or UF. And saying he could've gotten into LSU and FSU, isn't saying much, because both of them aren't that much higher than the NCAA minimum requirement.

lol. I never stated this.

Clemson - $
LSU - $
Auburn - $ and Dillard

wut

Antron Wright episode

lol. I never stated this.

You wanted a player that went to WVU because of that. Devine is that player. Both UF and Miami stopped recruiting him due to his grades and his off the field troubles. Getting out of Florida may have been the best for him and that may be his excuse for getting out, but he would not have left the state if his options weren't limited.

Advertisement
Back