Berrios confident offer is coming

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 Leesville Road (N.C.) 4-star WR Braxton Berrios was one of the biggest names at Saturday’s Al Golden Football Camp and the speedy slot receiver enjoyed himself.

“It went great for me. I don't think it could have gone much better. I caught everything my way and the coaches liked me. I got a rough tour of the campus and facilities so today was really all I wanted it to be. It was my first time on campus and it was pretty,” said Berrios.

Berrios and Receiver’s Coach Brennan Carroll seemed to be hitting it off during the camp session.

“He’s fun. He even said it to me that he didn’t like to get all up in people’s faces and curse and this and that. He’s definitely a player’s coach and he relates very well to players.”

Berrios came to camp with one goal in mind: earn on offer. Although he did not leave with one today, he is confident that one is on its way after meeting with Al Golden.

“It went real well. I went in with Coach (Larry) Scott and Coach Carroll. They were talking about how well I did and how much they liked me and Coach Golden was like ‘look I haven’t seen much of your film, but we have a meeting in about 15 minutes and I’m going to go in there and watch your film because everybody loves you.’ I was the last person they met with and I think the real guy I had to convince was Coach Carroll and he told me he loved me. He said he wanted me as his receiver, but he had to tell the head man, which I understand completely. I’m 95% sure I’ll get the offer. If not this weekend, then next week.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the other receivers with offers are being told that they have a week to decide if they want to play for Miami or there will be one less spot available, because this kid is gonna take a spot.

Spraking if white receivers what yall think about number 9 receiver Mark Andrews from AZ? I think Berrios is better.

Advertisement
Let's see, this kid supposedly has great hands, great moves, good speed, wants to be here. Hum, give him the spot. Tired of waiting for divas. In addition to be fast, our old teams worked harder than every one else. So does Bama's now. That is the difference. So FL kids are not as hungry as they were so get some from places where there are. This kid is smart and came here to show up, not just wave to people. Want him. Bring him home Al.

Advertisement
Watching this kid since Pop Warner and wanted to see if he could put on a show down in South Florida. Glad B Rabbit repped the 919!

Let's see, this kid supposedly has great hands, great moves, good speed, wants to be here. Hum, give him the spot. Tired of waiting for divas. In addition to be fast, our old teams worked harder than every one else. So does Bama's now. That is the difference. So FL kids are not as hungry as they were so get some from places where there are. This kid is smart and came here to show up, not just wave to people. Want him. Bring him home Al.
THIS

Advertisement
Berrios needs an offer. Smart, hard working, skilled...what more is there. I think he'll get it. Hope he suits up for the U in 2014.

Advertisement
Back