Be Smart, Mike Rumph and leave Miami right now. Richt **** on you!

Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

Rumph, please leave Miami and take care of you.
Has to be the top ranked moron on this site!

Advertisement
Look your entitled to your opinion but out coached by whom on the schedule? And its not like our team won't have talent to help with negating mistakes in play calling every now and then. Example...Blitz is called but Garvin recognizes the RB screen and drops off into the path of the ball for a interception/knock down.

Good experienced players can negate mistakes if they do happen.

Appreciate your response, and what you say is somewhat true - experienced players can help offset coaching. But, my point is that our roster management, player personnel decisions, and our staff decisions are not those that build towards contending for a national title.

C'mon, don't you know—if a guy played for Miami and was successful, then he ABSOLUTELY is a next-level coach. Don't you see all the threads and the wish-list hires our guys are always screaming about?

Ray Lewis for linebackers coach? Michael Irvin coaching up receivers! Warren Sapp on the d-line!

Forget if these guys have any experience, or not—they played for the Canes, so they're OBVIOUSLY great first-choice options!

The percentage of our fans that are brain-dead is reaching new levels.

Now I want you to bring this same stand-up routine to one of the "Corey Raymond for DC" threads.

In case you hadn’t noticed these bumps were made to save a recruiting class.If you noticed last year Rumph lost two kids that he had not only had coached but one thought of him as a mentor...

That’s why he didn’t get the bump...he sucks at recruiting.

Advertisement
Banda has been with Diaz at previous stops. That's his boy. I guarantee he knows the defense better than Rumph.

And what plays did Rumph call?
He wasn't calling **** at Heritage.

**** sure wasnt...lol

Rumph is earning his chops...let him grow as a coach. But you have to be honest with yourself he is the last person that needs to be promoted. He coaches at a position either u got it or u dont. Just like the rb coach.
Rumph showed some signs of life in recruiting this cycle..seemed to kept an open dialogue with John Dixon in case a decommitment would happen.

In case you hadn’t noticed these bumps were made to save a recruiting class.If you noticed last year Rumph lost two kids that he had not only had coached but one thought of him as a mentor...

That’s why he didn’t get the bump...he sucks at recruiting.

So did Corey Raymond, but some in our fan-base wanted Him to be our DC.

slow cat.gif

Advertisement
OP - I was actually interested in your point until you pulled the race card. Then, at that point I realized what your post what truly about and that you are just completely ignorant and full of ****. Now I'll know what to expect of your future posts and know not to take you seriously. Thanks for the heads up.

Why the constant arguing for or against this hire.none of them have a track record being a dc etc.If we field a top ten defense next year or close to it will determine which rating this hire gets.as for rumph I'm pretty sure if he feels that way will go with Diaz to temple.or seek other opportunities.

didn't rumph technically take on more responsibility?

he was just corners, now he will be whole secondary right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back