Be Smart, Mike Rumph and leave Miami right now. Richt **** on you!

Advertisement
You guys can glom over the facts all you want, but I will bet my last nickle Rumph feels some kind of way....and he should! And I bet his ex- teammates feel the same way and have been in his ear. I can guarantee you that.

Richt disrespected Rumph by this move. I’m not saying Rumph should’ve been the DC, what I’m saying is as a leader you must maintain situational awareness.

An outside DC should’ve been hired, because you cannot under any circumstances promote a guy that was GA last year to Co-DC or Banda who came in with Rumph and have Rumph report to those men, especially when Rumph has had arguably the top performing unit on the entire staff 3 straight years. And to have Rumph reporting to Patke makes no sense and it’s a slap in his face.

It’s kinda like being an associate in a law firm where you were winning cases at a record clip for 3 years and you went to the best schools and have the pedigree, but the guy who was an intern the year before (without even a 1/4 of your resume or experience) and became an associate this year (with 1 year experience) was promoted to partner and you having to report to him. You must leave that firm immediately and Rumph must leave Miami ASAP.

He should be putting out feelers to every P5 university in America as well as NFL teams. He can’t coach with a guy that would disrespect him in this way.

Rumph was an All American DB at Miami, 1st rd draft pick, successful HS coach, successful DB coach at Miami with arguably the top performing unit for 3 straight years, yet he’s going to be reporting to Patke, a dude that was a GA last year and man who’s resume buckled under the weight of Rumphs?!?! GTFOH.

It’s complete insanity. Be smart, Rumph and get the **** off the staff

I agree 100%
Patke's claim to fame is almost getting a TX DT to sign with us and a year later he's know a DC???? All this BS about Patke knowing the defense better than Rumph. Who the fuq do yo think understand schemes more..an All American/NFL DB or Patke who only quality is..................................????????????

Advertisement
I'm more worried about our 4 million dollar man calling plays on offense than I am about the defensive play caller. We will be fine on D, those guys got this.

I'm not saying Rumph should of been promoted to DC or anything like that. However, I don't trust any of Richt's evaluations at this point. In my opinion, Richt promoted Banda to keep him around due to his perceived ability to recruit. There are much better guys this school could of gone after for the DC position. This whole promotion of Banda and Patke to Co-DCs reeks of laziness and incompetence.
I don't disagree with that at all, but I can tell you with firsthand knowledge it's not a perceived ability to recruit he actually can. He's landed both CB's & Safeties during his tenure here.

I don't think Banda/Patke should've been elevated to Co DC's, **** I made whole thread on potential DC's we should've went after, but the fact is Rumph was never in the consideration for a reason & that's not a shot at him, just the reality of the situation.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with that at all, but I can tell you with firsthand knowledge it's not a perceived ability to recruit he actually can. He's landed both CB's & Safeties during his tenure here.

I don't think Banda/Patke should've been elevated to Co DC's, **** I made whole thread on potential DC's we should've went after, but the fact is Rumph was never in the consideration for a reason & that's not a shot at him, just the reality of the situation.

None of us are saying Rumph should’ve been promoted to DC. I am saying, and many of us are saying an outside DC should’ve been brought in because you cannot have rumph reporting to two guys that has a stronger resume than, more coaching experience than, and has had his unit playing at a higher clip than any other position group since this staff has been in place. On top of it all, the guy played at Miami and was an All-American. It’s lunacy!

The fact the Rumph must walk into the Hecht to report to a guy like Patke (who was **** GA 365 days ago) is not only embarrassing for Rumph, it’s a disrespectful move by a Richt.

Having Rumph report to Patke cannot be justified by any quantifiable metric. Rumph would be absolutely crazy to stay at Miami, to coach under Richt.

maybe rumph should land his recruits..................................
At this point it's been said a billion times, but who tf have Banda and Patke landed?

We gon act like he didn't lose Jobe who we spent more resources on than any other recruit? We gon act like he didn't lose Battle? Or Wright? Or ***an? Or Edwards?

These were among his top targets every cycle. He lost each of em.

How do you know that he's the best, most knowledgeable guy on the defensive staff? Just because his CB's play relatively well? The ****? LOL

Do you know if he knows anything about defensive fronts? Run fits? Blitz games?

Do you even know if he has the same defensive philology as Diaz/Banda?

C'mon, don't you know—if a guy played for Miami and was successful, then he ABSOLUTELY is a next-level coach. Don't you see all the threads and the wish-list hires our guys are always screaming about?

Ray Lewis for linebackers coach? Michael Irvin coaching up receivers! Warren Sapp on the d-line!

Forget if these guys have any experience, or not—they played for the Canes, so they're OBVIOUSLY great first-choice options!

The percentage of our fans that are brain-dead is reaching new levels.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@The Svengali I get what you're saying about Patke being promoted from GA to Co-DC in 18 months, and him being promoted over Mike. And I agree that it was wrong, but none of what is going on reflects how a program should be run. Patke shouldn't be Co-DC now because he lacks experience. Banda should have cut his teeth as DC at Temple with Diaz, and then, assuming they were successful, come back to Miami in a couple of years. But the issue is so much bigger than just this one decision.

Richt's personnel decisions and even his roster management decisions are based on favoritism, cronyism, and, in the case of his son, nepotism. Richt started that way when he hired his son, and he's staying the course. In spite of failing spectacularly as an OC-QB Coach team, he's given no indication he plans to hire an OC. And, unless the institution forces his hand, he's not going to. So, to me, this entire situation is very predictable. It's following a logical pattern that leads to the logic conclusion that the University of Miami is NOT seriously trying to compete for a national championship in football.

It's like signing off on the 2101 ranked player - a 240 pound tackle. No knock on that kid, and I mean that, but we're not going to compete at a high level making those types of player-personnel decisions. And, for the same reason, we're not going to compete at the highest level with Banda and Patke as our Co-Defensive Coordinators - not for the next few years anyway, until they figure things out. What it does do is build in the obvious excuse that we were inexperienced, when we are predictably out coached next year as we surely will be. I imagine we'll hear that in the same way we heard that our players didn't execute.

As far as Rumph leaving, I don't see that. I think he would see that as quitting on his players.

Last edited:
@The Svengali I get what you're saying about Patke being promoted from GA to Co-DC in 18 months, and him being promoted over Mike. And I agree that it was wrong, but none of what is going on reflects how a program should be run. Patke shouldn't be Co-DC now because he lacks experience. Banda should have cut his teeth as DC at Temple with Diaz, and then, assuming they were successful, come back to Miami and a couple of years. But the issue is so much bigger than just this one decision.

Richt's personnel decisions and even his roster management decisions are based on favoritism, cronyism, and, in the case of his son, nepotism. Richt started that way when he hired his son, and he's staying the course. In spite of failing spectacularly as an OC-QB Coach team, he's given no indication he plans to hire an OC. And, unless the institution forces his hand, he's not going to. So, to me, this entire situation is very predictable. It's following a logical pattern that leads to the logic conclusion that the University of Miami is NOT seriously trying to compete for a national championship in football.

It's like signing off on the 2101 ranked player - a 240 pound tackle. No knock on that kid, and I mean that, but we're not going to compete at a high level making those types of player-personnel decisions. And, for the same reason, we're not going to compete at the highest level with Banda and Patke as our Co-Defensive Coordinators - not for the next few years anyway, until they figure things out. What it does do is build in the obvious excuse that we were inexperienced, when we are predictably out coached next year as we surely will be. I imagine we'll hear that in the same way we heard that our players didn't execute.

As far as Rumph leaving, I don't see that. I think he would see that as quitting on his players.

Look your entitled to your opinion but out coached by whom on the schedule? And its not like our team won't have talent to help with negating mistakes in play calling every now and then. Example...Blitz is called but Garvin recognizes the RB screen and drops off into the path of the ball for a interception/knock down.

Good experienced players can negate mistakes if they do happen.

Advertisement
Back