Be Smart, Mike Rumph and leave Miami right now. Richt **** on you!

Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

Rumph, please leave Miami and take care of you.

When hiring or promoting people, you can’t just judge the book by the cover. You have to take everything into consideration.

You can also leave when you don’t get your way or man up and get better so that it doesn’t happen again. You’ve already indicated which category you fall in.

Advertisement
It sucks for him I guess but he’s done nothing on the trail to warrant a raise ... he’s the odd one out on manny Diaz’s defense so you do the math

Advertisement
You guys can glom over the facts all you want, but I will bet my last nickle Rumph feels some kind of way....and he should! And I bet his ex- teammates feel the same way and have been in his ear. I can guarantee you that.

Richt disrespected Rumph by this move. I’m not saying Rumph should’ve been the DC, what I’m saying is as a leader you must maintain situational awareness.

An outside DC should’ve been hired, because you cannot under any circumstances promote a guy that was GA last year to Co-DC or Banda who came in with Rumph and have Rumph report to those men, especially when Rumph has had arguably the top performing unit on the entire staff 3 straight years. And to have Rumph reporting to Patke makes no sense and it’s a slap in his face.

It’s kinda like being an associate in a law firm where you were winning cases at a record clip for 3 years and you went to the best schools and have the pedigree, but the guy who was an intern the year before (without even a 1/4 of your resume or experience) and became an associate this year (with 1 year experience) was promoted to partner and you having to report to him. You must leave that firm immediately and Rumph must leave Miami ASAP.

He should be putting out feelers to every P5 university in America as well as NFL teams. He can’t coach with a guy that would disrespect him in this way.

Rumph was an All American DB at Miami, 1st rd draft pick, successful HS coach, successful DB coach at Miami with arguably the top performing unit for 3 straight years, yet he’s going to be reporting to Patke, a dude that was a GA last year and man who’s resume buckled under the weight of Rumphs?!?! GTFOH.

It’s complete insanity. Be smart, Rumph and get the **** off the staff

Last edited:
Advertisement
So he wants it on the High School level but he doesn’t on the college level? Think about that for a moment.

LOL...and what's funnier is I bet none of these b!tches that disagree with OP would go on any of the "Corey Raymond for DC" threads and say what they've said on this thread.

This thread feels like when you were back in high school and your friends, that don’t know the whole situation, are trying to get you to break up with your girl...

***Note... I don’t personally know this kind of situation since I never had a girl in HS for my non existent friends to warn me about. I took notes from TV shows and Movies...

**** now I’m depressed... You guys do you.

You guys can glom over the facts all you want, but I will bet my last nickle Rumph feels some kind of way....and he should! And I bet his ex- teammates feel the same way and have been in his ear. I can guarantee you that.

Richt disrespected Rumph by this move. I’m not saying Rumph should’ve been the DC, what I’m saying is as a leader you must maintain situational awareness.

An outside DC should’ve been hired, because you cannot under any circumstances promote a guy that was GA last year to Co-DC or Banda who came in with Rumph and have Rumph report to those men, especially when Rumph has had arguably the top performing unit on the entire staff 3 straight years. And to have Rumph reporting to Patke makes no sense and it’s a slap in his face.

It’s kinda like being an associate in a law firm where you were winning cases at a record clip for 3 years and you went to the best schools and have the pedigree, but the guy who was an intern the year before (without even a 1/4 of your resume or experience) and became an associate this year (with 1 year experience) was promoted to partner and you having to report to him. You must leave that firm immediately and Rumph must leave Miami ASAP.

He should be putting out feelers to every P5 university in America as well as NFL teams. He can’t coach with a guy that would disrespect him in this way.

Rumph was an All American DB at Miami, 1st rd draft pick, successful HS coach, successful DB coach at Miami with arguably the top performing unit for 3 straight years, yet he’s going to be reporting to Patke, a dude that was a GA last year and man who’s resume buckled under the weight of Rumphs?!?! GTFOH.

It’s complete insanity. Be smart, Rumph and get the **** off the staff

LOL...but these same b!tches that disagree with you want T-Rob & Corey Raymond...unreal.

Advertisement
If Richt elevated Banda & a guy like Patke who was only a quality control analyst just last year, that should tell all you need to know.

I'm not saying Rumph should of been promoted to DC or anything like that. However, I don't trust any of Richt's evaluations at this point. In my opinion, Richt promoted Banda to keep him around due to his perceived ability to recruit. There are much better guys this school could of gone after for the DC position. This whole promotion of Banda and Patke to Co-DCs reeks of laziness and incompetence.

Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

Rumph, please leave Miami and take care of you.

You should shoot Rumph an email.
Inform him that he needs to be mad or something.

I'm not saying Rumph should of been promoted to DC or anything like that. However, I don't trust any of Richt's evaluations at this point. In my opinion, Richt promoted Banda to keep him around due to his perceived ability to recruit. There are much better guys this school could of gone after for the DC position. This whole promotion of Banda and Patke to Co-DCs reeks of laziness and incompetence.

BINGO, on the latter statement of INCOMPETENCE!

Advertisement
"Save all your accolades, just the dough"

"My game is wide, all lames aside

Tryin' to stay alive, hundred thou' for the bracelet
Foolish, ain't I the chain'll strain ya eye
Twin platinum gun son, aim for the sky
Ice on my bullet, you die soon as I pull it

Willies wanna rub shoulders, your money's too young
See me when it gets older, ya bank account grow up
Mine's is one-zero-zero-zero-zero-oh-doub'
**** near out the rear trunk when I roll up

Multi till I close up, it's all basic
I been spending hundreds since they had small faces
Rob your stash house, doubled out down in Vegas
Me and Jay-Z got it locked crazy
Where you at haters?"

Oh boi, if Canes lose to Whisky it gonna get real ugly round here. Herd almost in full stampede mode as it is.

Win
Oh boi, if Canes lose to Whisky it gonna get real ugly round here. Herd almost in full stampede mode as it is.

Win loss means very little in this bowl game. The opening game against Florida is going to either send everyone in full stampede mode or it will calm everyone down for a week.

Advertisement
Back