Bar Milo

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
There's no early graduation holiday present for West Hills (CA) Chaminade High School OL and Cane commitment Bar Milo.

Like former teammate Brad Kaaya, Milo can't arrive at UM in January because he needs to take one more semester of a religion course at the school. He is, however, hoping to be on campus as early as May to enroll in summer school and begin his acclimation to the next level.

"They did that for (Kaaya at Chaminade), so it should be they'll let me do that as well," Milo said. "That's something I know coach (Brennan) Carroll will talk to the counselors and administration about for the benefit of my future so I can go out there and start working. We'll see what happens. I know I'll be talking to the administration, too, and hopefully they'll let me leave as early as possible."

Milo says coaches Art Kehoe and Carroll will pay him a home visit in January.

"They can't wait for my mother's cooking," Milo said. "She's quit the cook. When coach Carroll came (earlier this month) it was a feast of meats - chicken, beef - was just a great meal. My mom makes a legendary cheesecake dessert."

Milo says as a freshman he prefers to redshirt "just to have the opportunity for one year focusing on academics, working out, coming into the system. If they were to have me start playing as a freshman, nothing to argue there if they feel I'm ready. I know they're going to do what benefits me and the program."

Milo says he considers himself a solid commitment but may still take one other visit to Nebraska (he's already visited UM officially).

"I'm pretty confident in my decision, don't think I'll change," Milo said. "And I don't want to take advantage of the school and just get wined and dined. If I really do feel there's a school to check out then I will take an official, but besides that I'm set with Miami."

He says the Cornhuskers have piqued his interest "because of all the coaching changes, and I have a former teammate there. The facilities they said are amazing, and I have a lot of friends that plan to go to Nebraska next year that said I have to check it out."

* Milo is trying to help recruit fellow Californian Rasheem Green to UM - the pair visited Miami together and hit it off.

"We keep in contact," Milo said. "I'm trying to convince him to come. If he does that would be amazing. I see a really bright future for him at Miami with Anthony Chickillo graduating. I'm really trying to push him to go. But wherever he goes I hope he has a great college experience."

* Milo is playing basketball this season as the starting center. He averages 10 rebounds and six points per game.

Advertisement
Love some of milo's statements if only many of the south fla kids had his attitude

This S Fl kids want to be all stars right away. if they understood the benefiting of redshirt its remarkable. but its football and everyone wants to play so i get it. love his attitude as well.

Advertisement
Big differences in out of state kids and local guys in their attitudes

It's called "entitlement".

Only here, i dont see it anywhere else

Yeah I agree with you- no doubt. I was just saying that the local kids are entitled, that's why they act the way they do. The more these kids hear how S FLA recruits are the best around, the more entitled they are. Redshirt? Man I'm from S FLA. I can ball right now. Ok kid.

This kid is Athletic as ****...plays Basketball also..... With his statement on Green, I think we could land him

Advertisement

Yeah I agree with you- no doubt. I was just saying that the local kids are entitled, that's why they act the way they do. The more these kids hear how S FLA recruits are the best around, the more entitled they are. Redshirt? Man I'm from S FLA. I can ball right now. Ok kid.

This and there is no loyalty to the local program, kids in ohio for the most part are proud to play for ohio st, same with kids in michigan, can say the same for cali kids with USC and UCLA, i rarely see that with kids here, yea we get some kids but the most part they have no loyalty whats so ever and its been happening for years not just recently

This and there is no loyalty to the local program, kids in ohio for the most part are proud to play for ohio st, same with kids in michigan, can say the same for cali kids with USC and UCLA, i rarely see that with kids here, yea we get some kids but the most part they have no loyalty whats so ever and its been happening for years not just recently

Yupp I agree.

Advertisement
When Valentine said he would prefer to redshirt and not be rushed into playing he was called a ***** and all kinds of names.

Kids are front runners. That's how it is. Ever notice how every kids favorite player is a superstar. Not a lot of kids pick out a role player to be their main dude.

If OSU sucked for 10 years, you'd see Ohio kids fleeing for Michigan and Notre Dame.

Ditto Michigan. USC will start losing more kids to Oregon and Arizona schools if they go on a 10 year streak of mediocrity.

That's how it works when you're dealing with 16 and 17 year olds.

Advertisement

Kids are front runners. That's how it is. Ever notice how every kids favorite player is a superstar. Not a lot of kids pick out a role player to be their main dude.

If OSU sucked for 10 years, you'd see Ohio kids fleeing for Michigan and Notre Dame.

Ditto Michigan. USC will start losing more kids to Oregon and Arizona schools if they go on a 10 year streak of mediocrity.

Even when all those teams sucked they still got their local studs, oregon has been better than USC for the last 6 years and USC is still getting their local kids, ohio kids always go to ohio st in fact they also get kids in michigan, but most of them were on the border, michigan always get their kids, the loyalties is just not the same here

Even when all those teams sucked they still got their local studs, oregon has been better than USC for the last 6 years and USC is still getting their local kids, ohio kids always go to ohio st in fact they also get kids in michigan, but most of them were on the border, michigan always get their kids, the loyalties is just not the same here

I agree with the front runner issues, but I also see those kids are more loyal to those teams. They will tolerate a few more losses thinking their class can bring it back.

Honestly, you have to wonder though, especially with this staff, how much of the local community has been pushed away. This staff has no idea how to work down here. From not offering a lot of studs, and then offering NJ kids, etc. Also the Denver Kirkland issue a couple years ago jut showed they are clueless playing the game.

How much loyalty is there from our side? Perception is reality and this staff doesn't look loyal. Their fishy!

Last edited:
LULZ at the dimwits in Al's Army continuing to bag on South Florida recruits. Keep slagging on those local "divas" like Amari Cooper and Dalbert **** while they continue to destroy the college football world.

You dummies want to know why South Florida recruits are cold to UM when it seems like some out of state recruits aren't? Same reason your wives or girlfriends hate your loser asses and love new dyck.

Knowledge is power. The local community has all the knowledge. Just like local recruits know what a loser fraud Folden is because everyone around here has him figured out, your wives/girlfriends know how inept you are.

Last edited:
Im just going by a loyalty standpoint im in no way supporting folden at all, this has been going on for years down here, before golden

Advertisement
Back