At This Point

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
I honestly don't even care who all we sign in this year's class. All I want to know is if we can finally develop who we have.

Advertisement
Pretty much agree, but the 'raw material' has to be there, and it definitely looks like it is with the class we have lined up this year (and last year's class too).

70% or more of the roster next year will be SO and younger
Very quickly well know if this staff can groom talent

Agree, get the kids who the staff likes and go from there. I'm tired of the talk about not getting the big names when people forget we've been losers for over 8 years.

Advertisement
i care.

i want goldman, mccord, bush, PJ williams at least

This is how I feel as well. I feel confident the staff can develop guys that go a bit under the radar on the recruiting sites. But developing them into good football players takes a couple of years. It is nice to get some guys that can come in and contribute immediately. Getting a few is always a plus, but especially for this incoming class since we are going to need freshman that can contribute right away.

Advertisement
We need the recruits but seeing players get better would be great for a change. I think we saw some of that last season, but I would expect a lot more this coming season.

You have to be able to do two things to win: evaluate and recruit well, and coach well. Development is somewhat a myth. You look like you develop well if you evaluate well and put kids into a position to succeed by coaching well. If you evaluate badly, you are screwed. If you coach badly, it doesn't matter who you sign, they won't look good. A good S&C program matters, and position coaches teaching technique matters, but those are the easiest things to control for. It's evaluations and schematic coaching that are the critical success factors.

You have to be able to do two things to win: evaluate and recruit well, and coach well. Development is somewhat a myth. You look like you develop well if you evaluate well and put kids into a position to succeed by coaching well. If you evaluate badly, you are screwed. If you coach badly, it doesn't matter who you sign, they won't look good. A good S&C program matters, and position coaches teaching technique matters, but those are the easiest things to control for. It's evaluations and schematic coaching that are the critical success factors.

That's three, bruh.

Advertisement
Back