Boxing Asken Vs Paul

Advertisement
My god this whole production is embarrassing. I can't believe Black Keys and Snoop Dogg put their names on this ****. (Ok well maybe snoop he'll do anything). It's so bad though i can't stop watching.

Askren has a horrible standup game, he looked like crap in the weigh-ins, and I think it was reported he is making twice as much in this fight as he did in his last UFC fight? I hope he wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went down

My god this whole production is embarrassing. I can't believe Black Keys and Snoop Dogg put their names on this ****. (Ok well maybe snoop he'll do anything). It's so bad though i can't stop watching.

Agreed with this, but it's always this way with these type of fledgling ventures. Gotta start somewhere.

And Snoop... uhhhhh.... dude will put himself on anything as long as it's not anti-marijuana. I saw him in a Corona commercial yesterday.

Advertisement
I take back everything i said. They put Too Short on live TV with a big booty ***** and followed it up with ICE Cube. Shake up the game triller.

Askren is a pretty bad striker. He’s more a wrestler and ground guy. Boxing is his weakness and he lacks power behind his punches. I hope he wins but unfortunately not confident. In mma it’d be dif

Advertisement
That fight was straight up rigged. Ben basically stood in front of him like a punching bag. Looked like he trained at taco Bell. Walked out of the place with him and his wife laughing their asses off. Like they just got away with robbing a bank. Then this dude acts like he is a pro fighter when he hasn't even fought in a sanctioned amateur fight yet.

I can't believe Askren got up and the ref told him your done 😅. Askren kept saying he was fine and the ref told him he was not fit to continue. Never seen any **** like that

That fight was straight up rigged. Ben basically stood in front of him like a punching bag. Looked like he trained at taco Bell. Walked out of the place with him and his wife laughing their asses off. Like they just got away with robbing a bank. Then this dude acts like he is a pro fighter when he hasn't even fought in a sanctioned amateur fight yet.
He probably cleared half a million if not more. Askren is a wrestler he's not a boxer. Askren would of stole his soul in a mma match or a real fight. He would of took him down within 5 seconds and KOd him

He probably cleared half a million if not more. Askren is a wrestler he's not a boxer. Askren would of stole his soul in a mma match or a real fight. He would of took him down within 5 seconds and KOd him
Oh I get that but every MMA fighter knows you cant just stand in front of a puncher. Nate Robinson didnt even do that. So I hear you but... nah... straight up rigged fight. Dude looked like he probably never trained one bit for this fight. He probably stopped by Taco Bell on the way to the weigh in .

Advertisement
Oh I get that but every MMA fighter knows you cant just stand in front of a puncher. Nate Robinson didnt even do that. So I hear you but... nah... straight up rigged fight. Dude looked like he probably never trained one bit for this fight. He probably stopped by Taco Bell on the way to the weigh in .
Boxing isn't an easy sport to just pick up in a few months. Throwing punches is easy, the most difficult part is footwork and controlling your breathing while putting everything together. Even if Ben trained hard the last 3 months, it would still be extremely difficult to look good in a ring unless you have natural talent which Askren clearly doesn't. But yeah ben probably just half assed his training and didn't care if he won or loss. He was out of shape bad

These freak show fugazi boxing fights are basically Pancrase. Askren took that dive like a champ and basically walked away laughing once his wife saw the direct deposit hit.

A good night of fights and freak shows though with the UFC Fight Night. Could switch right over and watch Robert Whittaker go five rounds with Gastelum.

Advertisement
The past few freak show boxing cards have certainly looked like it.
Im barely a casual fan, but if passionate/informed fans like yourself feel that way, wouldn't that indicate big trouble for the sport??

It seems boxing is slipping into the abyss of sideshow absurdity??

That Asken knockdown looked only two. ways to me: 1) Asken is clearly an XX chromosome individual or 2) he took a poorly acted dive.

Terrible look overall for the sport.

Advertisement
Back