Artie Burns - NorthWestern

Spookcane

EL PUMA
not sure if this was posted or not, but does Artie Burns have any highlights??
i cant seem to find any clip on him.

Advertisement
He shows tremendous speed in back-side pursuit, coming out of his break, and when he has to recover in coverage. I did notice that most of the plays that he makes are against bad throws, and you don't see may plays where he demonstrates solid ball skills. Love his potential, and hope he signs with us.

Thx for posting highlights of this guy, I had been looking for a long time and had found nothing but hurdle running. As far as football, I love the speed, the kid is an undeniable talent. He seems to have a knack for making plays, but as another member posted, many of them are made on bad throws by the quarterback, which, IMO, makes it harder to evaluate wether he is really good and disrupting the other offense or if the quarterback is just a dud. Other thing I don't like is his tackling... Lots of arm tackles and often out of control at the point of impact. Nevertheless, this can be corrected and his physical abilities are simply too great to pass up on, especially with the abysall lack of talent at S right now and in the near future. Plus, he's a big time Miami area prospect, we HAVE to lock down that area as much as possible.

Advertisement
This is the type of athlete our secondary has been missing for years. We need someone badly that can chase down receivers before they get in the endzone, and someone that can beat guys to the corner even after taking a bad angle....something Armstrong and Telemaque can't seem to do. Burns has the speed to get it done.

Ok, ok! So he's a great athlete with elite speed etc., etc. I really couldn't care less if he's not wearing the green and orange. So what are our chances with him? I really don't care to hear how fine Beyonce is if, ultimately, she's not coming home with me! If that ever happens, then by all means, tell me.

Ok, ok! So he's a great athlete with elite speed etc., etc. I really couldn't care less if he's not wearing the green and orange. So what are our chances with him? I really don't care to hear how fine Beyonce is if, ultimately, she's not coming home with me! If that ever happens, then by all means, tell me.

quote from peter's Recruiting Update 6-13

Artie Burns (DB): A former Alabama commit, Burns is one of the biggest names in South Florida. He might be the fastest player in Dade, and I think his future is at Safety. I would like to see more from him production-wise, but he has a lot of upside. A source close to the situation told me that he is all Miami.

quote from peter's Recruiting Update 6-13

Artie Burns (DB): A former Alabama commit, Burns is one of the biggest names in South Florida. He might be the fastest player in Dade, and I think his future is at Safety. I would like to see more from him production-wise, but he has a lot of upside. A source close to the situation told me that he is all Miami.

See, now that's what I'm talking about. Thanks, now I can get excited.

Advertisement
So if we can only land 1 of the 2 miami area guys jamal carter or artie burns who would you prefer? Who has better upside and what are their weaknesses?

I would still love 2 get M. Alexander, Burns, and Carter... 3 Safeties in this class... no need for 2 RB... 2014 class will have a ton of RB talent.

Last edited:
don't want to even think that, we are getting both so you should be wondering who will crack into the black jersey's first.... and Jamal carter i choose you to win that

Man imagine the competition at safety next year if we can get Carter and/or Burns? They'll be going toe to toe against Jenkins,Highsmith,Rodgers and Bush....The cream will rise to the top on this football team in the coming years,and the layer below will be cream too.Golden is creating depth everywhere,gotta be excited.

Advertisement
Man imagine the competition at safety next year if we can get Carter and/or Burns? They'll be going toe to toe against Jenkins,Highsmith,Rodgers and Bush....The cream will rise to the top on this football team in the coming years,and the layer below will be cream too.Golden is creating depth everywhere,gotta be excited.

TBH that actually has me quite scared. bush by all accounts is much better suited to CB, the other 3 are mediocre at best and then 2 frosh. Feel like puking.

TBH that actually has me quite scared. bush by all accounts is much better suited to CB, the other 3 are mediocre at best and then 2 frosh. Feel like puking.

for some reason i dont think Highsmith is "that" bad......kid is very smart so he likely will be in position and he has the "size" at the safety spot..i think he is just getting comfy there.....

the guy their forgetting is Kacy Rodgers..kid has gotten a lot bigger in this off season...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back