Article: Top DE Target Muhammad Updates Recruitment

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2013 Don Bosco Prep (NJ.) Defensive End Alquadin Muhammad has been having a great season, as his team is in good shape in the playoffs and his play has been stellar.

“The season is going great. We fell short in the beginning, but we have come back strong and we haven’t lost a step. We already played our first playoff game and were playing the second one on Friday.”

Muhammad has made sure his team's eyes are on the state title and makes sure everyone’s mindset is the same.

“We keep going over the same stuff that we went over in the beginning of the year. Just making sure everyone is executing the right stuff.”

While the Don Bosco Prep star has put recruiting on a hold, he seems to be enjoying the process.

“The recruiting process is going awesome, it’s a great experience.”

Muhammad has been hearing from schools such as Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Rutgers and Miami. While New Jersey is far from Miami, the powerful defensive end has a liking for 'Canes program.

“Well Miami is not that far, I think it’s only a two-hour flight. It’s warm out there and who wouldn’t want to be out there.”

Muhammad speaks with Miami Coach Jethro Franklin and seems to be building a relationship with him.

“I’m just building a relationship with Coach Franklin, and so far he seems like a great guy. He talks to me about the program and how they are a young team and how they are just building onto the program and that I would be a great fit for the program.”

Muhammad does plan on making a visit to Miami once his season is over, but needs to find a date. While the process may take a while for the New Jersey star, he is sure when he wants to make his decision.

“I want to make it at the Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas.”

When Muhammad does make his decision, he is aware of what he will be looking for.

“Somewhere not too far from my mom so she can see me play and come to the games, a great school academically, and a place where I can feel comfortable with the coaches and a place where I can compete for a spot.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rutgers going to the BIG 10 is going to snag every recruit they want out of New Jersey....

except for The Chosen One. :drevil:

Advertisement
There are several statements that contradict each other, so its impossible to know what he is really thinking.

Alabama = good academically!??

There are several statements that contradict each other, so its impossible to know what he is really thinking.

Alabama = good academically!??

Alabama = good academically for 95% of people

Its not a bad school - its not a great school, but its not a bad school

Rutgers going to the BIG 10 is going to snag every recruit they want out of New Jersey....

Not if they become the floor matt like expected.Right now they can only play with indiana,maybe Purdue and Minnesota.

Advertisement

Not if they become the floor matt like expected.Right now they can only play with indiana,maybe Purdue and Minnesota.

Why would they be a floor mat? Big 10 isn't very good this year and haven't been that good the last few years.

Advertisement
Back