Article on UiF and Shiayyahaia Howard

TheU1984

All ACC
http://espn.go.com/colleges/florida...gators-target-tracy-howard-jr-eschews-twitter GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Imagine the life of a high-profile college football recruit. A constant barrage of phone calls and text messages from college coaches, writers who cover those colleges and even overly enthusiastic fans. Now add social media to the equation, and those coaches, writers and fans have a simple way to keep track of a recruit's every move.

edit: Can't have entire article copy and pasted, sorry!
-Andrew

Last edited:
Advertisement
If what token said is true, it's more like she and Tracy are getting fed scripts by ESPN for NSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods, listen, can we not have opinions? Tracy Howard's mother is over the top. What is wrong with this?

U1984, I think I accidentally zapped your post trying to zap Ringz' post.... my bad.

That said - be careful. In an article where a recruit's mom is talking about being offended by stuff on the internet, it's not the greatest move to start a thread on it and talk more **** while said kid is on campus 5 days before signing day. Are we that important? No. Has she ever heard of this forum? Doubt it. Still... this isn't the place to be bashing kids or their parents. Sorry, I realize this probably seems heavy handed.

Advertisement
U1984, I think I accidentally zapped your post trying to zap Ringz' post.... my bad.

That said - be careful. In an article where a recruit's mom is talking about being offended by stuff on the internet, it's not the greatest move to start a thread on it and talk more **** while said kid is on campus 5 days before signing day. Are we that important? No. Has she ever heard of this forum? Doubt it. Still... this isn't the place to be bashing kids or their parents. Sorry, I realize this probably seems heavy handed.

Its the classy thing to do. Bashing doesnt help anyone, and who knows if it hurts with a recruit.

This. How hard is it not to rip into a current recruit/mom?

Its the classy thing to do. Bashing doesnt help anyone, and who knows if it hurts with a recruit.
+1

For God's sake, this weekend is IT.

For some recruits torn in two directions, it may come down to whose fans indicate the most assholishness and outright stupidity.

Can we CAN the bashing and "so and so is better" crap until we get through this process?

The woman clearly is looking out for the best interest of her son, and of course, it wouldn't hurt to tell her that the orange and blue just aren't her colors . . .

Advertisement
all this **** is giving me a Bryce Brown type of feel. I know its an almost completely different situation but i find myself growing tired of this much like the Brown saga.

There's a difference between name calling and criticism. And if Shiya is looking out for her son's best interest, as some of you say, she should not be making decisions based off of message board fans.

Advertisement
I don't want him or his mom. She is loving the attention. This is starting to smell bad.

Whether he goes to Florida or comes to Miami, his mom won't be a factor once he gets on campus.

I actually don't mind what she's doing as far was keeping her kid away from the media and negative things. It's better than dealing with Bryce Brown and Brian Butler. That's just a hot mess.

I gotta say...either Howard is the GOAT at playing the game or he's going to UF. Who the **** knows because I feel like he's going to Miami. Although the one constant in any top 3 he's thrown out has been UF. **** just two weeks ago he was down to UF and now it's the Big 3. So either he's just playing the game and going to UF or he was playing everybody and was going to Miami all along.

Not bothered by it at all. It's much better than Tracy doing it and much better than the waffling northrup

Advertisement

+1

+1

Please, please keep it to yourself for a week, for the love of God.

I gotta say...either Howard is the GOAT at playing the game or he's going to UF. Who the **** knows because I feel like he's going to Miami. Although the one constant in any top 3 he's thrown out has been UF. **** just two weeks ago he was down to UF and now it's the Big 3. So either he's just playing the game and going to UF or he was playing everybody and was going to Miami all along.

It's true. If you attempt to wade through all the stuff that has gone on with his recruitment, the one constant has been the Gators.

A betting man would put smart money on Florida for this kid, but obviously we arent out of it, or FSU.

But then again, posts like ours are their goal in the first place so......

I don't know.

Maybe because I'm so jaded from being burned by recruits in the past. I want to think we have a legitimate chance, but I get the sense we're getting played.What was the thing that made us so appealing to garner his top 3 after months of not really feeling us? Plus, all the positive reports feels like I'm being reeled in. Hopefully I'm wrong and I'm just jaded. One thing I will say, Golden's push this season has been refreshing to see. Sign of things to come.

I don't know.

Maybe because I'm so jaded from being burned by recruits in the past. I want to think we have a legitimate chance, but I get the sense we're getting played.What was the thing that made us so appealing to garner his top 3 after months of not really feeling us? Plus, all the positive reports feels like I'm being reeled in. Hopefully I'm wrong and I'm just jaded. One thing I will say, Golden's push this season has been refreshing to see. Sign of things to come.

At least we have Golden in charge. He seems the type that knows how, and is willing to play the game. Randy snuffed out quite a few kids that were playing with us, but it seemed like times like this he was in over his head.

Advertisement
Back