Article: McCray Looking for More Sacks

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Blanche Ely outside linebacker Terry McCray has been not only working on the field with his team to get plays down, but has also been trying to connect them off the field and build a sense of unity.

“Right now, we’ve been together a lot. We just try and come together, we have like barbecue’s to get a better connection, but right now I think my team, (Blanche) Ely, would be the team to beat.”

McCray is hoping to end on a good note with the Tigers and is making the effort to be the a senior leader on both sides of the field.

“I try to show the younger guys, how to show college coaches what they want in a kid, like ‘be on time,’ ‘be consistent’ and also be dedicated to the game.”

McCray gave his pledge to the Hurricanes a couple of weeks back and remains a solid commitment.

“Yes, I’m still a hundred percent.”

The 6’3, 210 pound linebacker has taken notice of the class Coach Golden is building this year and is anxious to suit up with many of them next year.

“I love it and one of the things I love is half of us are from South Florida. For a while schools like Alabama and LSU, they had been taking all the guys from down here and we couldn’t get them to Miami, but Coach Golden made a good effort to get kids to stay.”

The Blanche Ely product has high remarks for Golden not only as a coach but a friend outside of football.

“He’s a cool guys, he’s funny and he just loves the game. I feel like I can talk to him about anything.”

McCray racked up 13 total sacks last year for the Tigers and he is looking to break that mark this season.

“Last year I had 13 sacks, I’m trying to get at least over 20.”

While McCray is glad that he is done with the recruiting process, it hasn’t stopped him from trying to get other people on board.

“One person I’m trying to get is one of my former teammates, he plays for (St. Thomas) Aquinas now, he is class of 2015, Devante Peete. I would love for him to be with us, he is a big body, fast and he’s real good.”

As far as visits go, the Miami commit currently has no intentions of taking any trips this fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You can see a shift in SoFl top talent seriously considering the U first. There will be at least 2 Canes trying to influence D. Peete to the U (McCray & Linder). As these kids bring back the U our influence will only increase. When we beat the gaytors more will follow.

Advertisement
Back