Article: Dixon Catches Up On Recruiting

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Dixon Catches Up On Recruiting

2014 Dwyer (Fla.) WR Johnnie Dixon is feeling good, as his team is off to a great start this season.

“The season is going pretty good right now, we are 4-0 right now.”

While Dixon hasn't put up huge numbers so far this season, he does admit he has been getting doubled teamed a lot lately.

He talked his team’s upcoming.

“We have American Heritage and Royal Palms up next.”

While Dixon does posses many attributes, he feels his best is his physicality.

“I like to get to physical. I just like to get the DB mad at me by the end of the night.”

Dixon is one of the receivers for the 2014 class and had garnered eight offers from top schools.

“The recruiting process is going pretty good, I mean getting a lot of offers and stuff which is great.”

Dixon is getting interest from schools like: Miami, Florida, Florida State, West Virginia, Duke, USF, Ohio State and Louisiana Monroe.

The Dwyer star has serious interest in Miami and says he talks to the coaching staff a lot.

‘’I talk to coach Jethro (Franklin) and Coach McDonald, we just talk about how things are going and how I’m a big recruit for them right now. I love those guys, they are great coaches.”

The 2014 receiver likes Miami for a number of reasons, but mostly for its tradition.

“The tradition, you can always go back and see a great team bonded. That's a big part about it.”

Dixon is aware of the fact that Dwyer has recently sent most of its top players to Florida or Florida State, but says "that factor doesn’t matter at all.”

While the Dwyer product has no top list or visits planned, he does know what he wants in a school when he makes his decision.

“Education first, they have to have a great education program. Coaches, are they going to be there long enough for me and team chemistry.”

Advertisement
2014 is simply loaded at receiver, I like our chances with him just cuz I think by 14 the sanctions will be almost done of not already done

Dwyer is loaded at WR for 2014.......I was told that FSU offered their three WRs, Saffold, Stephens and Dixon....all 2014 WRs.....

Advertisement
Back