Article: CaneHunt '14: Inside Linebackers (ILB) | Feb 22

View as article

TexCane

Sophomore
CaneHunt ’14: Inside Linebacker Board (ILB)

Miami will offer scholarships to approximately 170-200 prospects every year. Each school has a BIG Board and position boards, which list prospects by the school’s priorities. Our “CaneHunt” boards are our attempt to “guess” the Hurricanes’ recruiting priorities. These boards will change throughout the recruiting cycle. Check back often during the year to check on the boards and get the latest updates on prospects. We hope you enjoy CaneHunt ’14.

Miami Need: 1-2 The Canes currently have four ILBs on the roster with only one a senior (Gaines) this season. However, two of our ILBs are on the smallish side (Perryman and Blue) and may eventually be moved back outside to take advantage of their speed. Look for the Canes to recruit and sign two ILBs in this class.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1. Name: Kain Daub

Hometown/School: Sandalwood (Jacksonville, FL)
HT: 6-3 | WT: 227 | 40:
Season Stats:
247Sports Composite: Rating 98 | Rank: #3 ILB
Scouting Report (s): NA
Schools of Interest: (17) ALA, AUB, FSU, Miami, UNC
Leader(s): Too early
Chance: Too early

UPDATES:

2/25/13: ESPN.com posted a story on ILB Kain Daub a couples of days ago. Daub named Alabama and FSU as his early leaders. His close friend, DeMarcus Walker, is doing a good job recruiting him to Tallahassee. Kain also mentioned Tennessee, LSU and Miami as other favorite programs at this point in his recruiting process.

:cigar:

2/22/13: Kain Daub is an elite ILB from Jacksonville, Florida. Kain is ranked the #3 ILB in the nation, with a 98 rating, according to the 247Sports Composite. Many experts feel he is the best inside backer. Daub is physically imposing with room to put on additional weight. He could easily top out around 250 lbs. in college. He’s also considered the top college prospect in Florida. Miami has had little success recruiting the northern Florida area, but Coach Golden has promised to go where the talent is and not back down to any program. Look for our competition to come from FSU, ALA, Auburn and UF. Kain is a long shot, but the Tie has worked his magic before.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

2. Name: Andrew Beck

Hometown/School: Tampa, FL (Plant)
HT: 6-3 | WT: 227 | 40: NA
Season Stats: 126 tackles | 6 sacks
247Sports Composite: Rating NR Rank: NR
Schools of Interest: ( 6) UM, USF, UCF, SMU, KY

UPDATES:

2/22/13: Andrew Beck is a hard-hitting ILB from Tampa Plant HS. His 126 tackles is a good indicator the kid can hit. He’s running a little under the radar right now, but look for his recruiting to hit high gear this spring. Can the Canes re-establish a pipeline at Plant? FSU appears ready to ponce on Andrew. It’s a long time to NSD.

4. Name: Terry McCray

Hometown/School: Blanche Ely (Pompano Beach, FL)
HT: 6-2 | WT: 215 | 40: 4.70
Season Stats: NA
247Sports Composite: Rating: NR Rank: NR
Schools of Interest: ( 2 ) UM, LSU

UPDATES:

2/22/13: Terry McCray is a relative unknown at this point of time. Has the coaching staff found another gem in Pompano Beach?

NOTE: Miami has also offered Raekwon McMillan and Shaun Hamilton and Troy Reeder. However, they have indicated little to NO INTEREST in being recruited further by Miami.

Tex

Last edited:
Advertisement
I heard Raekwon is a package deal with his brother Ghostface K. McMillan anyways. He only has offers from Tenn St. and Western Michigain.

Kevin Bronson 6-3 230, Delray Beach Village Academy, is another possible MIKE prospect. Also being looked at as a WDE and OLB.

Tre Williams, #1 ILB from Mobile, AL said he is definitely taking an OV to Miami. We were his favorite school growing up.

Yeah he is likely a Bammer or an Auburn guy of course, just thought I would pass it along.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Name: Andrew Beck

UPDATES:

2/22/13: Andrew Beck is a hard-hitting ILB from Tampa Plant HS. His 126 tackles is a good indicator the kid can hit. He’s running a little under the radar right now, but look for his recruiting to hit high gear this spring. Can the Canes re-establish a pipeline at Plant? FSU appears ready to ponce on Andrew. It’s a long time to NSD.

Tex
Missing piece for We Back is a tough white LB, and imo this guy is the best of the bunch.

Plus, looking for more information about this kid in the interwebs, I found some sites saying he´s not only a hard-hitting MLB... he can cover, too.

If I´m not wrong, it´s in a piece about of one of those Nike Camps where the kid killed it in cover drills. I will try to find the article and post it here...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kevin Bronson 6-3 230, Delray Beach Village Academy, is another possible MIKE prospect. Also being looked at as a WDE and OLB.

Hey Killa...

Thanks for the tip on Bronson. I'll keep an eye out for him. As soon as UM offers, he'll go on the board. It's great having boots and eyes on the ground. Thanks again.

Tex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Name: Andrew Beck

UPDATES:

Tex
Missing piece for We Back is a tough white LB, and imo this guy is the best of the bunch.

Plus, looking for more information about this kid in the interwebs, I found some sites saying he´s not only a hard-hitting MLB, but that he can cover, too.

If I´m not wrong, it´s in a piece about of one of those Nike Camps where the kid killed it in cover drills. I will try to find the article and post it here...

Hey Brazil...

Thanks for the info. I feel we have a good shot at Beck. He's the type of MIKE that Coach D and CAG like at that position. Big, aggressive run stopper. He could grow and top out around 250 under a good college weigh program. He will move up a lot of people's boards this spring and summer.

Thanks for the info and if you get more, just post it here. I love all these "eyes in the sky!"

Tex

You´re welcome, Tex...

Found this interview with some good information and I will copy some interesting parts:

BOOM! Beck blowing up
http://bigcountypreps.com/181/boom-beck-blowing-up/

Andrew Beck
Plant 2014 LB

BY THE NUMBER
- 6 foot 3 inches, 227 pounds
- 11 reps of 185 lbs on the bench press
- 4.56 40 yard dash
- 8’2 broad jump
- 4.56 short shuttle

BCP: Who is the first person you expressed your excitement to after receiving the Miami offer?

Beck: After I received my offer, the first person I went to is my dad, and it was that way with my Kentucky offer too. He is a role model for me and too see the excitement for me on his face is a very good feeling for me.

BCP: What college staff has been the most aggressive so far with recruiting?

Beck: The most aggressive staff towards me has been Miami. I’ve been contacted by several of their coaches and they all seem very excited for me and they all constantly tell me about all the great things Miami is doing and has to offer me as a student athlete.
BOOM!

BCP: What’s you childhood favorite college team?

Beck: My favorite college team growing up was the University of Texas Longhorns.
BOOM II

No kiss of death AKA grew up a 'Canes fan

BCP: If you get an offer from Texas, would they become #1 on your list?

Beck: I don’t know if Texas would automatically become number one. Coach Weiner is very good about reminding us to keep an open mind and weigh all of the pros and cons of each school. It has been a while since I have been in Austin and would definitely want to check it out again and compare it to other schools I have seen before I start ranking them.
Interdasting...

Still looking for the article talking about his cover skills to post here

Last edited:
http://bigcountypreps.com/181/ignite-linebacker-analysis/
Andrew Beck, Plant 2014 LB:

BCS body, Best physically looking LB at the combine, natural leader, great speed for size, very fluid in pass drop/reaction drills covered a lot of ground with very little wasted movement or steps, excellent feet in agility drills, used hands extremely well when removed vs. #2 (RB) in the slot and looked comfortable in space, played with great leverage.

Advertisement
CaneHunt '14: ILB UPDATE | Kain Daub | Feb. 25

2/25/13: ESPN.com posted a story on ILB Kain Daub a couples of days ago. Daub named Alabama and FSU as his early leaders. His close friend, DeMarcus Walker, is doing a good job recruiting him to Tallahassee. Kain also mentioned Tennessee, LSU and Miami as other favorite programs at this point in his recruiting process.

Well Reeder is off the board, someone posted he committed to PSU, so now its BECK (y) or bust for UM.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back