Article: CaneHunt ’14: ILB Update | Andrew Beck

View as article

TexCane

Sophomore
3/15/13: On Wednesday, Bulls247 reported on ILB Andrew Becks unofficial visit to USF. Within the interview, Beck stated that he will make up his mind by the end of July, when his military father is reassigned. He has no favorites at this time.

Beck is rated a 90 and ranked the 11th best ILB in the nation, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Tex

Advertisement
We need to be all over this kid. I'd say 2 MLB's this go 'round. Really like his game. And need to keep our footprint on the left coast. Get A. Crawford in his ear, and some PT, and that should hopefully do the trick.

Found this short video:
[video=youtube;pAd6GkJQ7pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAd6GkJQ7pk[/video]

Really want him in this class. I think he is a potential stud. But, I don't get the vibe that he is particularly feeling us, hope I'm wrong

Advertisement
havent seen anything that makes this pimple faced white boy the next Dan Morgan. He's a big strong kid that doesnt seem very instinctive, not fast, doesnt show lateral quickness..... Another Deeb at best

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/653494/highlights/35286442[/video]

havent seen anything that makes this pimple faced white boy the next Dan Morgan. He's a big strong kid that doesnt seem very instinctive, not fast, doesnt show lateral quickness..... Another Deeb at best

Any in state ILB's you favor that we are aware of so far? I think the kids tape looks pretty good. Then again, I've never seen him in person. Think we need 2, and from out of state he seems to be the goods.

Unlike Deeb's, Beck not only has a UM Offer but it was an early offer as well. So staff feels he is a good lb.

Go canes

Advertisement

He is way more fluid than Deeb. I get it though, white LB from Florida obviously compares best to the last white LB from FL you were aware of

He is way more fluid than Deeb. I get it though, white LB from Florida obviously compares best to the last white LB from FL you were aware of

Josh Witt?
6_180994.jpg

Josh Witt?

That was 2011 class though.

Stings being reminded of Witt. I loved his playing style. Feel bad for him

Advertisement
Wow now Beck is getting personal tours by mack brown and manny diaz at Texas, yet UM just offers him then no contact?

Who is covering the Tampa Area losing this kid would be unreal after being one of the first to offer him. He is even taking a tour of Baylor, now UM is competing with Baylor for recruits from Florida. Even if this kid spent sometime in Texas as an military child, he has been in florida for a while. This should be a UM slam dunk, why not have scott recruit this kid since he has the Tampa area ties.

Go Canes

Andrew Beck Tour Texas Schools
www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-s...r-andrew-beck-impressed-after-texas-visit.ece

Wow now Beck is getting personal tours by mack brown and manny diaz at Texas, yet UM just offers him then no contact?

Who is covering the Tampa Area losing this kid would be unreal after being one of the first to offer him. He is even taking a tour of Baylor, now UM is competing with Baylor for recruits from Florida. Even if this kid spent sometime in Texas as an military child, he has been in florida for a while. This should be a UM slam dunk, why not have scott recruit this kid since he has the Tampa area ties.

Go Canes

Andrew Beck Tour Texas Schools
www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-s...r-andrew-beck-impressed-after-texas-visit.ece

thats just stupid! yeah, Golden is just sitting on his *** like usual.... The guy is recruiting his *** off, coaching spring football and running camps for local kids on a consistent basis. But you think he's slacking because he doesn't go give the next great white hope a blowie? (he's no Dan Morgan)

And Mack Brown is a Bobby Bowden wanna be. That viejo has won 20 recruiting titles and only got lucky enough to win a title because Vince Young did an 8ball of booch that day and beat USC by himself. **** that viejo!

stick to scouring the earth for DTs, thats were we need your contributions. Not criticizing Golden's recruiting efforts!

Last edited:
I read somewhere that he grew up a TX fan

Don't feel good about this one, even though I really want him in this class

Advertisement
Punci,

Slow your roll I am not saying golden is not working his butt off. I am just saying Staff should show the Tampa Area a little love, they don't have to be camped out in Central Florida. Also if you know HS Football Recruiting then you should know Tampa Plant is a place UM needs to rebuild bridges in order to plant a Flag. Tampa Plant is on par with St. Thomas, that is another reason I mentioned sending Scout up there. Beck isn't committing until July so there is time, I just concerned other schools may build momentum by then.

Go Canes

Still haven't seen a FL LB that blows me away in this class, which is pretty insane considering how many the state usually puts out.

TeX, thanks for the update. Any chance his father gets assigned to homestead air force base? That would probably help our chances i think.

Punci,

Slow your roll I am not saying golden is not working his butt off. I am just saying Staff should show the Tampa Area a little love, they don't have to be camped out in Central Florida. Also if you know HS Football Recruiting then you should know Tampa Plant is a place UM needs to rebuild bridges in order to plant a Flag. Tampa Plant is on par with St. Thomas, that is another reason I mentioned sending Scout up there. Beck isn't committing until July so there is time, I just concerned other schools may build momentum by then.

Go Canes

If you knew recruiting, you would know Golden has hit the Tampa area harder then any coach we've ever had at the U

Advertisement
Back