Article: Bryant Addresses FSU Visit; Sets up in-home

View as article
Advertisement
Over the weekend, longtime Miami commitment Keith Bryant took a trip to Tallahassee for the Florida-Florida State game. This trip came as no surprise, as Bryant has been taking visits since the day he committed to Miami. Some 'Canes fans have been worried over the last 24 hours about the status of his commitment to Miami largely in part to a series of tweets that Bryant sent out regarding the visit. I exchanged some texts with Bryant tonight and this is what he had to say.

Q: How did the FSU visit go overall?
A: Visit was great

Q: Did you talk to any Miami coaches since the visit?
A: I did talk to Coach Carroll. He wanted to talk and home visits

Q: When are you having the in-home visit? What coaches will be there?
A: I think Wednesday. Carroll and D' Onofrio

Q: What's the decision going to come down to?
A: It's gone be a tough one

Q: Talk about that confidence you have about tweeting how you're the top DT in the country.
A: I feel I am the best defensive tackle around here. I don't see anyone better. People know that I'm that deal.

cane, once he gets his in home and calms down from the visit and takes his visit to UM. he will reaffirm to UM, imo.

Advertisement
not a lock, but I'm still very confident

Not tryin to flame here, but is you confidence as high as it was with Collins before he decommitted?

My confidence on Collins was high before the Franklin thing went down. I started losing confidence two weeks before he ultimately de-committed when FSU was serious about Franklin. I interviewed Franklin and then posted on the board about how serious this was as far as losing Collins, but not too many people wanted to believe that FSU would actually offer him.

Advertisement
So is Jimbo gonna offer his friend? FSU is stacked so jimbo can afford to pull that stuff. Hope it comes back to bite him though.

losing both Collins and Bryant to FSU is unfathomable. That transpires and we are in a world of trouble. Cant lose two So Fla beasts at major positions of need...especially when FSU is pretty well stacked at those positions. That being said, I feel like Golden gets it done and we keep them both down here

losing both Collins and Bryant to FSU is unfathomable. That transpires and we are in a world of trouble. Cant lose two So Fla beasts at major positions of need...especially when FSU is pretty well stacked at those positions. That being said, I feel like Golden gets it done and we keep them both down here

Golden will get it done whether these guys come to Miami or not. It's hard to beat the "I wanna play with my friend" battle though, especially when the corch up north is willing to throw scholarships away to make it happen.

So is Jimbo gonna offer his friend? FSU is stacked so jimbo can afford to pull that stuff. Hope it comes back to bite him though.

I would be absolutely STUNNED to see them offer him. Jimbo has to keep that hope for them alive right now so that Bryant doesn't turn off to them early in the stretch run

Advertisement
Is this all cause of his friend potentially getting an offer.

We need to merge all the keef Bryant threads like we did for Collins. Looks like its gonna be a long tough one

Advertisement
Over the weekend, longtime Miami commitment Keith Bryant took a trip to Tallahassee for the Florida-Florida State game. This trip came as no surprise, as Bryant has been taking visits since the day he committed to Miami. Some 'Canes fans have been worried over the last 24 hours about the status of his commitment to Miami largely in part to a series of tweets that Bryant sent out regarding the visit. I exchanged some texts with Bryant tonight and this is what he had to say.

Q: How did the FSU visit go overall?
A: Visit was great

Q: Did you talk to any Miami coaches since the visit?
A: I did talk to Coach Carroll. He wanted to talk and home visits

Q: When are you having the in-home visit? What coaches will be there?
A: I think Wednesday. Carroll and D' Onofrio

Q: What's the decision going to come down to?
A: It's gone be a tough one

Q: Talk about that confidence you have about tweeting how you're the top DT in the country.
A: I feel I am the best defensive tackle around here. I don't see anyone better. People know that I'm that deal.

Advertisement
Back