• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Anyone Received Vaccine?

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
I feel like that is the opposite of what should happen. The more people who have immunity from either recovering or being vaccinated the less that companies should care as their risk is gone and it is more on the person’s decision if they want to be vaccinated or not. The further we get away from Spanish flu, small pox, and polio do we get more restrictive? It seems if a vaccine is available for for everyone then it becomes personal responsibility.

Also this vaccine is currently in emergency use but not fully approved. There should not be mandates for using experimental medical procedures. I believe we often go the other way and make it hard for people to use experimental procedures even if they are going to die otherwise before approval.

You also are forcing people to share their medical records. Though I know we do this for grade school.

That also puts people who have immunity through natural exposure in a weird spot.

Thoughtful post. You bring up some good topics.

BeachCanes

Sophomore
Don't know if this was already posted but any thoughts on this article from this doctor?

Bro, be better than that. Please skim through that website for 60 seconds so you can see what kind of services they're advertising. "Dr. Hotze" wouldn't know jack **** about genetic variability during an epidemic.

JD08

Used to couldn't spell mauderator now I are one
Don't know if this was already posted but any thoughts on this article from this doctor?

I think he's completely off base. There are always doctors who are opposed to vaccines and point out the slightest reaction. In the end I'd rather have a bad reaction to a vaccine than long term damage or death from Covid. I'm also willing to gamble that the protection will last long enough to end the pandemic level of cases.

BenicioDelToro

Soldado
I
Bro, be better than that. Please skim through that website for 60 seconds so you can see what kind of services they're advertising. "Dr. Hotze" wouldn't know jack **** about genetic variability during an epidemic.
I completely understand what you are saying. I am not making any determinations based on one doctor's opinion, just thought I'd share another point of contention. The more information you have the better, but I also see how to much information can clutter or muddy. lol

ddann

Sophomore
I think he's completely off base. There are always doctors who are opposed to vaccines and point out the slightest reaction. In the end I'd rather have a bad reaction to a vaccine than long term damage or death from Covid. I'm also willing to gamble that the protection will last long enough to end the pandemic level of cases.
What if the bad reaction = death?

TheEye

Cane Grad!

He’s wrong. He claims the vaccine (of which there are several) isn’t a vaccine because it does not provide immunity nor prevent transmission. That would mean that no vaccines are vaccines according to his own definition. We know that is false because vaccines have existed before any of us were born.

423Hurricane

High Profile Wannabe
Life is full of risk. We take chances every day that we take for granted. Getting in our car to drive to a destination. Walking across the parking lot during a thunderstorm.

That may be an oversimplification, but getting the vaccine is a risk versus reward proposition. IMO, the reward of getting the vaccine far outweighs the risk.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Meaning there is roughly a 1.8% chance of the general population dying from COVID-19. There is an even LOWER chance of dying from the vaccine. I'm not sure why anyone who has no fear of the virus has a fear of the vaccine.
And 0.00000000000000000000001% chance of dying if an individual has no co-morbidities.

Is being a muppet classified as co-morbidity??

hmmmmmm.....

TemplarCane

Anti-Postmodernist / Critical Theory Denier
Received Dose 1 of the Moderna vaccine last Friday. No issues, felt like a normal shot for about a day. Dose 2 scheduled for end of this month.