Anyone here want to help input recruits into database?

Andrew

All American
Administrator
Later tonight or early tomorrow morning we will launching our recruiting database. We plan on letting this be a database that users can edit, as we believe this will lead to a better experience for our users. I am looking for some volunteers that want to help out with this a little early. I will pm you the information at 8pm est and you can pick a position and go. I will be asking for feedback on the process as this is something all of our members will have the ability to do.

Just reply with what position and class you would like to do.

Thank for your help.

Advertisement
When you say pick a position do you mean like all you do is the Qb positions or RB, etc? And by data base you mean not just commits but also prospects that are all over?

I'm assuming this isn't something with a deadline of tonight, right? If so, I can definitely help out. I'm good at this sort of thing, provided that accessing the database isn't too complicated and that you don't need to be an IT person. Super-fast typist. I'll take whatever. Something that wouldn't excite most people. I'll take offensive linemen, 2014, for instance. I'm serious, this is the kind of stuff I used to do for fun.

Advertisement
It is scripted, it is as easy as making a post. It will be an ongoing thing but I like to have some names on there when it goes live with the rest of the website. All registered users will be able to add recruits and edit them.

When you say pick a position do you mean like all you do is the Qb positions or RB, etc? And by data base you mean not just commits but also prospects that are all over?

Yes prospects as well. Thought for 2012 I would probably just stick to those we got coming and some of the others we might get.

It is scripted, it is as easy as making a post. It will be an ongoing thing but I like to have some names on there when it goes live with the rest of the website. All registered users will be able to add recruits and edit them.

I have a suggestion, if there is an edit made it should have to be approved by a moderator before the change is locked in.

Advertisement

I have a suggestion, if there is an edit made it should have to be approved by a moderator before the change is locked in.

That is an option we might take in the future.

Good point.

Advertisement
Back