Anybody downplaying this...

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Can go get f'ed. Forget all the political BS. Red, Blue, Democrat, Republican, doesn't friggin matter. This sh*t is real.

I just got a text from my wife that said that her department has been issued a directive that even if they have a patient that is confirmed COVID-19 positive, that they are not allowed to use an N95 mask while treating the patient due to lack of PPE on hand. That is preposterous, and a real life on the ground status as of right now. And this is in a state that doesn't even have that many cases in comparison to others (PA). So who knows, she may not be able to come home tonight - or for weeks - for fear of bringing the virus home to our children.

So get over your economic doom and gloom, and the idea that this is no worse than the flu. Stay in your damn house and flatten the damn curve for a few weeks.

That is all. You may now resume lobbing grenades at one another.
Are they telling her NO PPE or just don't put on N95s and use regular mask?

westcoastcanes

At least not Marrero
OP you are stressed, and worried about your family, and I understand that.

your first post however does contain a violation.

AutoCANE

I put my heart in this sh!t
First of all the economic damage is not already done, I don’t know where you get that idea.

Nobody wants to rush it, but if you think this is tenable past another, let’s say, four weeks, you’re living in fantasyland. Will have to come up with a different paradigm at that point
Of course the damage is not completely done - you guys always want to deal in absolutes. What has happened already is going to have a lasting effect, is all I was trying to say.

I am going insane being shut in my house with my kids. I realize it's an untenable situation. Trust me, I do. I can't get anything done here because the daycare is closed, etc etc.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
@AutoCANE numbnuts you can go get fvcked, who the fvck died and made you god. I am going to do what I think is best regardless of what a panicking little twaat like you says.
Having read this post, tomorrow I will be going from a 9mm conceal carry, to a 9mm conceal carry with the Saiga 7.62x39 in the trunk.
Thank you, sir, for reminding me that crazy is also contagious.

@Poptimus, I officially retract my statement about the unlikelihood of riots in the streets within the next couple months. You were right, man.

Last edited:
Problem is if they shut the country down for any significant amount of time, the deaths are probably going to be higher than the virus deaths. You have millions of families that live paycheck to paycheck and if they lose their jobs, the measly $1,200 per month is going to cover their costs. Now you are talking people getting so depressed that suicide, drug over doses, rioting, burglary and much more is going to start rising. Then the after affects once they all come out of the lock down, and our county is no dug a hole worth trillions of dollars that will eventually be taxed through everyone.

They need to find a solution to keep the majority of the people working, but isolating the sick and most vulnerable. Why can't we just lock down all the sick and vulnerable and allow the rest to continue working, but maybe add curfews and assistance to the most vulnerable. There has to be a better solution than shutting down the whole country.

These two things are true: 1). people absolutely need to be sheltering right now to contain the spread of this thing, and 2). doing that is going to continue to be catastrophic to the economy. The solution is simple but our government doesn't have the will or desire to do it - guarantee part or all of people's salaries for however many months this goes on for those who lose their jobs. But they'd sooner give Carnival Cruise Lines or Delta a bailout before they would our families. So we're stuck in the worst of all worlds.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
So what exactly are they using the PPE for?

Where is your wife located?

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Can go get f'ed. Forget all the political BS. Red, Blue, Democrat, Republican, doesn't friggin matter. This sh*t is real.

I just got a text from my wife that said that her department has been issued a directive that even if they have a patient that is confirmed COVID-19 positive, that they are not allowed to use an N95 mask while treating the patient due to lack of PPE on hand. That is preposterous, and a real life on the ground status as of right now. And this is in a state that doesn't even have that many cases in comparison to others (PA). So who knows, she may not be able to come home tonight - or for weeks - for fear of bringing the virus home to our children.

So get over your economic doom and gloom, and the idea that this is no worse than the flu. Stay in your damn house and flatten the damn curve for a few weeks.

It's so crazy how unprepared we are as a country. I feel for your family.

I just talked to my dad a few minutes ago. He works at a national brand company thst makes heating and cooling systems. They just shutdown a few hours ago when a person in HR got sick with the fever. They had 3 other people (the workers) get sick and one confirmed case, but didn't tell anyone until today. Crazy.

Of course the damage is not completely done - you guys always want to deal in absolutes. What has happened already is going to have a lasting effect, is all I was trying to say.

I am going insane being shut in my house with my kids. I realize it's an untenable situation. Trust me, I do. I can't get anything done here because the daycare is closed, etc etc.
I never deal in absolutes.

HighSeas

Sophomore
Masks make a difference. Even homemade masks are better than nothing if you're not readjusting them constantly.

Masks are very effective at preventing infected from spreading and reasonably effective at preventing droplets from reaching your nose and mouth.

A lot of misinformation out there. DO YOUR RESEARCH!

But this is nothing more than fake news and histeria for the politicians in the forum. F@ucking stupids

You’re not going to lock me down or enforce a curfew on me because of my age. Period. I’m not sure where the line is, but that’s on the wrong side of it.
Your age, sex and whatever else you can claim is just not important in a pandemic. if you don't comply someone legally or illegally will put a bullet in your head as it should be.

hydro66

Junior
We’ve been told by our experts that the masks don’t protect you. Experts in other countries say they do.

Experts vs experts. Who do you believe?
I believe myself, I'M very tired of the so called EXPERTS and the MEDIA. Who to believe is in yourself. This crap is way overboard. I don't trust anyone on all this chaos. At one point, someone needs to step up to the plate and be truthful.

GOCANES05

Recruit
All I know is this 6' separation is strictly adhered to outside the store when the doors opens a battle royal no holds barred begins.

AutoCANE

I put my heart in this sh!t
So what exactly are they using the PPE for?

Where is your wife located?
She is in non-invasive cardiology. We are in south central Pennsylvania (PennMed) and we haven’t been overrun by COVID to the extent that so many other locales have. That’s why it’s so maddening.

The idea of not wearing an N95 mask while performing a trans esophageal just doesn’t seem like a recipe for success to me.