2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just finished watching sopranos the other day for the first time. Very much a top 5 show for me. Good thing I was only like 15-20 years late

One of the greatest shows ever imo…

I actually got to hang out with Frank Vincent aka Phil Leotardo a couple times. He was a good family friend to friends of ours. Incredibly nice man and funny

One of the greatest shows ever imo…

I actually got to hang out with Frank Vincent aka Phil Leotardo a couple times. He was a good family friend to friends of ours. Incredibly nice man and funny
I heard Phil did 20 years in the can in case you didn't know

Advertisement
This is who Andy reminds me of (saw comparisons in the visits thread)…I know he’s a gator lol but i see similarities in their build and play style

Advertisement
Yes

But TAMU, UGA, UF & Louisville are all also recruiting him heavily.

He’s taking his visits & listening to every team’s pitch for how they’ll use him.
I always feel good about Northwestern kids we want especially with this staff. Time will tell! You’re alot smarter then me when it comes to things but I’m basing this off history. This staff also is smart. I’m willing to bet the 4 receivers we take will make us all happy. The names? Who knows at this point

Yes

But TAMU, UGA, UF & Louisville are all also recruiting him heavily.

He’s taking his visits & listening to every team’s pitch for how they’ll use him.
We can pitch all we want, and I do believe you when you say we lead...but it's really going to come down to how Gattis uses the WRs for Jean imo, and how much we air it out. This is where Gattis must show he can tailor the playcalling to the offenses' strengths.

Advertisement
If we want Northwestern Kids, they usually end up at Miami. They are usually clear about it. Not worried here and i really want him in the class. I wouldnt mind 5 WR but it will be tough. With Robby and Seymour already in, then we after Jean and Jalen plus Ray Ray. And we aint speak of Hykeem. That's 6. And we might be taking 4. Who knows. Some players might be declaring so maybe necessary and our roster is short currently. We are really trying to get flat speed at the position.

Not sure Seymour end up here, but he is a good player too. Hykeem probably plays the long game. If we get Jalen, Ray Ray and Robby, im good with it. Thats an instant speed increase with a season Brashard in 2023.

I always feel good about Northwestern kids we want especially with this staff. Time will tell! You’re alot smarter then me when it comes to things but I’m basing this off history. This staff also is smart. I’m willing to bet the 4 receivers we take will make us all happy. The names? Who knows at this point
I always feel confident in Northwestern kids coming if we pursue them.

Advertisement
Problem is the strength on this year's team is TE and RB, not WR.
While this is true, I think that bodes well for us in the sense that he knows he can walk in and immediately be involved with the two deep. I think it’s more imperative to scheme them open and call up plays that create mismatches rather than necessarily seeing eye-popping numbers from multiple WRs. And yes they’re not mutually exclusive, I get that.

Problem is the strength on this year's team is TE and RB, not WR.
That's the assumption. Everyone makes these kind of statements because we have known proven commodities at TE and RB. You could have said the same thing going into the season last year. Even the first few games. Then TVD became the starter and Rambo broke out.

What we have are mostly a bunch of unproven WRs. Everyone was happy when these guys were recruited, but forgotten when they didn't play much right away. I'm expecting at least 2 WRs to emerge not names Restrepo. So, that makes 3 top dog WRs that will have big years. We just don't know who they will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back