An Effective Treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Antcane

Goes to games
You know we've reached an odd time for society when two people (who didn't even have symptoms) ingest fish tanker cleaner, literally, and people somehow blame it on Donald Trump.
Again it has nothing to do with Trump or anything political it's just 2 deaths caused by the hysteria of the virus. But until I get autopsy, I'll take has a half truth and go about my day.

For_The_U

All ACC
Again it has nothing to do with Trump or anything political it's just 2 deaths caused by the hysteria of the virus. But until I get autopsy, I'll take has a half truth and go about my day.
10-4. I would hope you'd see why I thought you were trying to pin it on trump:

"reported they had heard Trump talk about the benefits of the medicine and decided to try it."

Mea culpa.

Antcane

Goes to games
10-4. I would hope you'd see why I thought you were trying to pin it on trump:

"reported they had heard Trump talk about the benefits of the medicine and decided to try it."

Mea culpa.
I copied it from the bottom of the article because I was like holy **** no way they died because of that!!

305to954

All ACC
You know we've reached an odd time for society when two people (who didn't even have symptoms) ingest fish tanker cleaner, literally, and people somehow blame it on Donald Trump.
yeaaa ppl have just been going around ingesting this **** wayy before trump said what he said..lmao cmon now bruh. You know there’s a segment of the population that beli

yeaaa ppl have just been going around ingesting this **** wayy before trump said what he said..lmao cmon now bruh. You know there’s a segment of the population that beli

you’ve crossed over into idiot land

For_The_U

All ACC

All 3 of those articles are about the same person. These medications were being touted all over the place in Asia before Trump ever spoke the word. Now, subjectively can anyone know whether or not Trump's words are what lead to them eating fish tank cleaner tablets? No, of course not. But let's assume that is what made them do it. I watched Trump's talk that night. Would the fact two people without symptoms elected to ingest a chemical made to clean their fish tank, because Trump spoke of a medical drug actively being used in other countries and being effective there, somehow become a barb to shoot at Trump to me (or, IMO, to any rational person who isn't seeking new ways to punch at Trump)? No, not at all. That is downright asinine.

305to954

All ACC
All 3 of those articles are about the same person. These medications were being touted all over the place in Asia before Trump ever spoke the word. Now, subjectively can anyone know whether or not Trump's words are what lead to them eating fish tank cleaner tablets? No, of course not. But let's assume that is what made them do it. I watched Trump's talk that night. Would the fact two people without symptoms elected to ingest a chemical made to clean their fish tank, because Trump spoke of a medical drug actively being used in other countries and being effective there, somehow become a barb to shoot at Trump to me (or, IMO, to any rational person who isn't seeking new ways to punch at Trump)? No, not at all. That is downright asinine.
I know they were all about the same person.,and they all gave the reason for the same person that took the ****. They heard trump say it on tv and decided to listen to him...you see, in the 2nd area I bolded..I don’t believe many of trumps followers think rationally..many follow what he says word for word because he’s the fucking president. And in any other time it would be a pretty good idea to follow the word of the sitting president in times like these..but with Trump I wouldn’t advise it

For_The_U

All ACC
I know they were all about the same person.,and they all gave the reason for the same person that took the ****. They heard trump say it on tv and decided to listen to him...you see, in the 2nd area I bolded..I don’t believe many of trumps followers think rationally..many follow what he says word for word because he’s the fucking president. And in any other time it would be a pretty good idea to follow the word of the sitting president in times like these..but with Trump I wouldn’t advise it
Fair. I can see the "some Trumpers are so fanatical they will literally eat fish tank cleaner because they think he told them to"-angle. I still have to chalk that one up myself to personal stupidity though rather than blaming it on Trump. Again, I watched the speech in question and in no way shape or form did he say anything that would motivate someone with functioning brain cells to go swallow a few fish tank cleaning tablets. That's analogous to me watching a show about potential health benefits of drinking alcohol and running to my bathroom to down a bottle of isopropyl.

305to954

All ACC
Fair. I can see the "some Trumpers are so fanatical they will literally eat fish tank cleaner because they think he told them to"-angle. I still have to chalk that one up myself to personal stupidity though rather than blaming it on Trump. Again, I watched the speech in question and in no way shape or form did he say anything that would motivate someone with functioning brain cells to go swallow a few fish tank cleaning tablets. That's analogous to me watching a show about potential health benefits of drinking alcohol and running to my bathroom to down a bottle of isopropyl.
Exactly. You gotta understand and take responsibility for your words and actions when your in a position of leadership. I don’t think trump has a grasp on that at all. And he proves it time and time again..it’s like when u got in trouble as a kid by listening or following another kid but u get caught. Then u tell the adult “but so And so said to do it”, that adult is gonna hit u with old line, well if they jumped off a building would you do it too??..I think there’s a good number of his followers who would...vast majority of ppl don’t think for themselves at all and crave leadership

For_The_U

All ACC
Exactly. You gotta understand and take responsibility for your words and actions when your in a position of leadership. I don’t think trump has a grasp on that at all. And he proves it time and time again..it’s like when u got in trouble as a kid by listening or following another kid but u get caught. Then u tell the adult “but so And so said to do it”, that adult is gonna hit u with old line, well if they jumped off a building would you do it too??..I think there’s a good number of his followers who would...vast majority of ppl don’t think for themselves at all and crave leadership
There is no doubt Trump says a lot of dumb sh-t. He has the maturity of a middle schooler. Always has; likely always will. (Quick side note: though I don't think he is dumb as many of his haters believe he is. A lot of his stuff that seems really out in space to his opponents are actually quite calculated - and oftentimes effective - moves.) Me personally, I've known that all along. It was why I had a very difficult time casting a vote for him in 2016. But ultimately I care more about what the President does than what he tweets. Having said that, me personally, I would love if someone other than Trump were on the GOP ticket this year. But that ain't our reality.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
People eating Tide pods was a problem not too long ago. Because some people are just stupid.

She poisoned her husband and is either guilty of first degree murder or is trying to deflect blame because she's 100% responsible for killing her husband. In either case, trying to project that on to any other supporters is ridiculous.

305to954

All ACC
There is no doubt Trump says a lot of dumb sh-t. He has the maturity of a middle schooler. Always has; likely always will. (Quick side note: though I don't think he is dumb as many of his haters believe he is. A lot of his stuff that seems really out in space to his opponents are actually quite calculated - and oftentimes effective - moves.) Me personally, I've known that all along. It was why I had a very difficult time casting a vote for him in 2016. But ultimately I care more about what the President does than what he tweets. Having said that, me personally, I would love if someone other than Trump were on the GOP ticket this year. But that ain't our reality.
I think the gop would’ve gotten the same results policy wise under a different candidate in 2016. Trump hasn’t done anything groundbreakin...Trump knows what his base wants to hear and gravitate toward...that’s the worse part imo..personally u guys could’ve had all the policy stuff without the dumbass attat and I think your party would’ve been better for ri

For_The_U

All ACC
I think the gop would’ve gotten the same results policy wise under a different candidate in 2016. Trump hasn’t done anything groundbreakin...Trump knows what his base wants to hear and gravitate toward...that’s the worse part imo..personally u guys could’ve had all the policy stuff without the dumbass attat and I think your party would’ve been better for ri
Agree with your points re policy/how toxic Trump is, but I actually don't think the GOP would have beaten Hilary without Trump as the candidate. I think Trump is a manifestation of a backlash against how quickly left our country was pulling. It was a feeling of desperation for many voters, and a downright surreal caricature like the buffoon that is Donald Trump, bizarrely, was the perfect figurehead to spear that movement. Trump became the embodiment of basically a counterculture movement in 2016. I don't believe THAT many of his voters casted that vote because they loved Donald Trump, IMO they were simply jumping on the bandwagon he represented.

Personally, I don't believe a more mild and put together candidate on the right would have achieved the same results. As downright Twilight Zone as it is, he was the perfect fit at the perfect time for that and it all just came together. I remember literally laughing when he announced he was running again in 2015, and commenting how dumb it was that he runs all the time because he will "never" win.... and yet, here we are.

Last edited:

305to954

All ACC
Agree with your points re policy, but I actually don't think the GOP would have beaten Hilary without Trump as the candidate. I think Trump is a manifestation of a backlash against how quickly left our country was pulling. It was a feeling of desperation for many voters, and a downright surreal caricature like the buffoon that is Donald Trump, bizarrely, was the perfect figurehead to spear that movement. Trump became the embodiment of basically a counterculture movement in 2016. I don't believe THAT many of his voters casted that vote because they loved Donald Trump, IMO they were simply jumping on the bandwagon he represented.

Personally, I don't believe a more mild and put together candidate on the right would have achieved the same results. As downright Twilight Zone as it is, he was the perfect fit at the perfect time for that and it all just came together. I remember literally laughing when he announced he was running again in 2015, and commenting how dumb it was that he runs all the time because he will "never" win.... and yet, here we are.
I agree with the top 100%..ppl fears manifested into Trump..and here we are. the timing was perfect. Ppl didn’t really trust hillery. And her being a woman also played apart imo. Personally I wasn’t surprised Trump won. I saw the Trump signs all over South Florida in parkland, boca, Davie etc..so I figured hell if ppl in south Florida are this much into what trump is offering here in a diverse population like south Florida, then wtf are ppl in upstate sections of NY, or the Midwest, Ohio etc thinking about him..I wasn’t surprised at the least..I think 2020 is on the player for the taking for Dems..I think a good section of middle class republicans would vote for the right Democratic president to replace trump..assuming its Biden all he has to do is the opposite of the hillery campaign

For_The_U

All ACC
I agree with the top 100%..ppl fears manifested into Trump..and here we are. the timing was perfect. Ppl didn’t really trust hillery. And her being a woman also played apart imo. Personally I wasn’t surprised Trump won. I saw the Trump signs all over South Florida in parkland, boca, Davie etc..so I figured hell if ppl in south Florida are this much into what trump is offering here in a diverse population like south Florida, then wtf are ppl in upstate sections of NY, or the Midwest, Ohio etc thinking about him..I wasn’t surprised at the least..I think 2020 is on the player for the taking for Dems..I think a good section of middle class republicans would vote for the right Democratic president to replace trump..assuming its Biden all he has to do is the opposite of the hillery campaign
I've said for years that if the Democrats simply ran a vanilla candidate who didn't massively turn off the right, that they would win in 2020 by an absolute landslide. I know for a fact that there were many Trump voters that would have gone left IF the left had given them a reasonable (meaning, to their personal belief systems/platform) piece of ground to step onto. I may have been one of them. Yet somehow the left did the exact opposite and seemed to put on a political version of American Idol with the goal of seeing who could portray themselves as the most woke. It was downright baffling to witness. When a party is beating the drum endlessly on things like the Green New Deal, killing coal, student loan forgiveness, opening borders/disbanding ICE, single payer healthcare, raising minimum wage, lowering rents, corporate mandated diversity quotas, UBI, etc etc... I mean, ANY ONE of those is potentially a deal killer to many on the right. And yet the Democratic party just seemed to shove all of their chips in that direction, over and over and over. And then, of course, you have Bernie, who has rallied the right more than anyone in their own party ever could have.

I don't get what just happened over the last 2-3 years from the Democratic party re their goal of winning the White House in November. It has been like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. As a result, unless this virus is his undoing, I think Trump wins in November far and away. WAY higher margins than 2016.

Just my personal take. None of these thoughts are inherently "correct".

Last edited: