An Effective Treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Last edited:

stb

Sophomore
There will be break thoughs in the very near immediate future for this virus.
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil®) is a 4-amino-quinoline antimalarial medication that is widely used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, and related inflammatory and dermatological conditions. It is a hydroxylated version of chloroquine, with a similar mechanism of action.

Last edited:
There will be break thoughs in the very near immediate future for this virus.
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil®) is a 4-amino-quinoline antimalarial medication that is widely used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, and related inflammatory and dermatological conditions. It is a hydroxylated version of chloroquine, with a similar mechanism of action.
Correct. From the Stanford presentation:

“As chloroquine is not available in Korea, doctors could consider hydroxychloroquine 400mg orally per day (Hydroxychloroquine is an analog of chloroquine used against malaria, autoimmune disorders, etc. It is widely available as well).”

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Different anti-virals are being tried out. If this one was the magic cure, the panic would be over.

Different anti-virals are being tried out. If this one was the magic cure, the panic would be over.
Nobody said it was a “magic bullet”....it at least lessens the severity in some, and it’s cheap and available now.

Ten more studies are looking at it now.

This is the only actual treatment, with actual real time data, on actual Covid-19 patients, that is available right now (with prescription.)

Very soon, within weeks, you’ll be seeing a summary or summaries of the ten studies,

Put it this way, if I was a 78 year old diabetic with heart disease, as soon as I got the sniffles, I’d be taking this along with one of the antivirals.

423Hurricane

Recruit
This is not a cure, but an ameliorative treatment

This is not intended for just anyone, even if they’ve tested positive for COVID 19.

This is not a double-blind randomized study, but a presentation from Stanford university

It is encouraging, though. Very encouraging, especially for the elderly and those that become very ill.
Laura Ingraham talked about this on her show last night. Been around a long time and very inexpensive. Could be a viable treatment until a vaccine is available.

zx7oppa

Recruit
This is not a cure, but an ameliorative treatment

This is not intended for just anyone, even if they’ve tested positive for COVID 19.

This is not a double-blind randomized study, but a presentation from Stanford university

It is encouraging, though. Very encouraging, especially for the elderly and those that become very ill.
Now Watch the Pharm companies states it's a different kind and try to make a killing on it. If onlu the US had less REd tape then like China and South Korea during times like this. for example

China and South with the Virus

1. Give person X the meds as I don't want to get infected.

US

1. Check to see if the person has it.
2. Check to see if it's ok to give
3. Check with CDC and FDA
4. Check to see how we can make money off this.
5. OH shxt I better give it to person X before I get it.

Stay safe, here in the Chicago area, it's pretty much getting to be like a ghost town.

Reactions: jsy

423Hurricane

Recruit
Interesting. I mean with all the gloomy news we keep getting this is a little bright ray of sunshine, no?
Definitely. Calmer heads prevail. It's easy to see this being overlooked with all the mass hysteria taking place. As I'm sure you know, many times there are simple solutions to complex issues if we just take a breath and use a little common sense to find solutions.

$75 for a
Now Watch the Pharm companies states it's a different kind and try to make a killing on it. If onlu the US had less REd tape then like China and South Korea during times like this. for example

China and South with the Virus

1. Give person X the meds as I don't want to get infected.

US

1. Check to see if the person has it.
2. Check to see if it's ok to give
3. Check with CDC and FDA
4. Check to see how we can make money off this.
5. OH shxt I better give it to person X before I get it.

Stay safe, here in the Chicago area, it's pretty much getting to be like a ghost town.
$75 for 30 that will treat two people. That’s without insurance coverage. In other words the cash price. So basically around $37 per person. If you have an insurance/prescription plan it’ll be whatever the co-pay is $10 to $25

This is not going to be a big moneymaker for pharma. Way too stupid for them to raise - bad publicity, but I don’t even think big Pharma has this drug in their portfolio anyway. I think it’s made by smaller generic houses.

EDIT/CORRECTION: the #30 will treat three people...bringing the cost down. So basically $25 per person cash price

Last edited:

423Hurricane

Recruit
$75 for a

$75 for 30 that will treat two people. That’s without insurance coverage. In other words the cash price. So basically around $37 per person. If you have an insurance/prescription plan it’ll be whatever the co-pay is $10 to $25

This is not going to be a big moneymaker for pharma. Way too stupid for them to raise - bad publicity, but I don’t even think big Pharma has this drug in their portfolio anyway. I think it’s made by smaller generic houses.
Not sure if this is verifiable, but Ingraham said last night it was 5 cents per pill.