Amari Daniels

Advertisement
I like that the staff is keeping tabs on him given thads situation that will always be fluid until the ink dries. In years past, I feel that we were never this diligent. Positive changes

i don't think RB depth will be a huge concern... if the staff feels like they need an extra RB for next year they can always fish around in the transfer market for an older guy, which is prob what we would need anyway. counters may be less tight next cycle, or there may be more of them depending on what the NCAA does.

it's nice to build depth but RB is a position where only guy is on the field at a time, and so with daniels the staff will have to weigh whether they would be using a counter on a player who may be looking to transfer in two years if most of the carries go to knighton, chaney, and thad.
Why would I fish for an older guy why not recruit the better guy? I hope those days are over of fishing for players and hoping we stack....it looks like we stacking now. I'm ok with not recruiting a QB this cycle cause I trust TVD then next cycle u look for that QB Lashlee desires.
Also good point about the RB being stacked your not off there.....not trying to go at it with u just think recruit recruit recruit so we don't have to rely on transfers it will be next beast up.

I'd take Amari b4 Collier if its a numbers crunch.
I feel u but I don't think they would do that to the Palmetto 5. At least lesson learned man u get that UM offer commit early af. Now kids will value the offer. I think the offer is super highly valued now the last two months then it has been in 10 plus years. Now kids like Collins are like wait let me stay my *** put all the ballers are here.

Advertisement
It is what it is with RBs.
So true. Beyond the fact that RBs clearly have a shelf life (except for Frank Gore... the guy must be a cyborg), I feel like - and I could be way off base with this opinion - RB is the least technical position on the field. What can a RB learn or improve on in year 4 that he could not/did not in years 1-3? The most important traits for RBs, other than speed, are mostly innate/intangible.

So true. Beyond the fact that RBs clearly have a shelf life (except for Frank Gore... the guy must be a cyborg), I feel like - and I could be way off base with this opinion - RB is the least technical position on the field. What can a RB learn or improve on in year 4 that he could not/did not in years 1-3? The most important traits for RBs, other than speed, are mostly innate/intangible.
Yeh. I think RBs will be more on special teams than anything else in the league. Frank Gore is an anomaly for sure.

Priorities in my humble opinion: in order
Chase
Sapp
OL
Collier
Solid corner
Daniels
I think if a top OLman wants in he's first on the list. And flipping Sapp from UF would be the final 🖕🏿to them after we get the verbal from the last 2 of the P5. Now if a QB wants in he'll take priority imo.

Advertisement
At the college level if you're a NFL starter caliber RB you will find a way to show your elite talent even with Mediocre run blocking. Deejay Dallas isn't a starter at the next level but he's a 3rd down back and still found several ways to break off big runs and make big plays happen despite mediocre run blocking. Harris is the kind of a RB who just takes what is there and has good vision. He's not a burner or solid receiver either. He's a good college starting RB, I just don't see him making an impact at the next level. Obviously that can change with development. I'm just basing my opinion off the RB we have already seen.
You should also mention DJ's underrated pass-pro blocking, where he had to consistently block the freakin entire front 7.

So there’s people that want Lewis , Chase , Marshall , Sapp, Martevious , Daniels , Collier and a ol? Do I have them all ?

We have 4 spots left , well two not counting guys already in.

Unless the ncaa passes something we’re pretty much done. Couple spots left for big dogs.
Yes.
Forget about the numbers.
If you say it will happen...
It will.

This is definitely not a terrible take.. We have only 3 Spots left and already have one RB commited. We just landed two high end RBs last year and Cam Harris is only a Junior. No point in taking another RB unless he's Elite
Elite by who's standards? the amount of stars by his name? Are you a star ***** mack? Even the number 1 rb prospect has to prove he's elite it mack. We won't kno til they get on da field.

Cam is not a NFL starting RB. He's a Depth RB in the NFL and is likely a 6th or 7th round pick. He's a Travis Homer type RB in my opinion. I don't see him leaving to be a late round pick if we had a good season and have a shot at making a playoff run in 2021

That hasent stopped guys from leaving that shouldn’t and either get drafted or not. We saw it last year and with others. I am far from
an expert but to say it can’t happen i think would be wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He needs to tie his dam shoes
No need

1596898244676.jpeg

Not elite like rooster or chaney! But he fits lashlee's offense so he could be elite in da new offense. But not a number 1 lead back! He not physical or big enough.
Exactly I don't either, I don't judge any recruit by how many starts they have. Our lowest ranked WR commit is our best WR in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back