Always Be Closing

Larry

All-American

With Signing Day two weeks away...Miami's class isn't finished, or even close, but the targets left on the board could make this the strongest Close leading up to Signing Day Miami has seen in a LONG time.

***** LB Matthew Thomas
**** LB Jermaine Grace
**** DT Keith Bryant
**** DT Jaynard Bostwick
**** CB Rashard Robinson
**** RB Alex Collins
**** WR Stacy Coley
**** OG Denver Kirkland

Not only is that a lot of stars...there is nobody on that list north of Port Saint Lucie.

I say God ****...I'm feeling good about Signing Day right now.

Any old timers recall a CLOSE to Signing Day that could yield so many star prospects whose commitments are still in the balance?

Advertisement
Maybe back in the day with the Willie Williams class...but I think a close with all or most of those would be the strongest I recall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually I just looked at the old commit lists on grassy. 04 wasn't that great other than WW. 08 was prob best of last decade.

2004 is close

The difference between '04 and '13...there is just big hitter after big hitter after big hitter on the line here.

Miami had a ton of local players that weren't as good as the kids here. Rashaun Jones, George Timmons, Khalil Jones...weren't as highly regarded as these guys.

These guys are basically all of our heavy hitting recruits, coming down to the wire.

Its either a walk-off homerun, or its a base hit...

So many locals that could make this a GOAT level close.

If I'm being realistic I think we get them all except Robinson and maybe Coley.

If I'm not then f*** it we locking up So Fla b****.

Advertisement
2004 and 2008 but 2008 the class was mostly filled. It was crazy we just got everyone those two classes. Now on the field thats a different story some good players both clasese but mostly busts and has set us back since then...

Advertisement
Do you think Thomas goes anywhere but Miami?

I know UGA has an OV scheduled on 02/01, but with them not offering Kirkland plus being so far away, I dont think they stand a chance.

Last year made me a believer in Golden as a recruiter. I still need to become a believer on the field but I think we have a huge day off it.

Advertisement
Back