Alex Collins update

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
There's been a lot of talk about him and FSU lately, but don't expect him to rush to any decisions.

He will be talking to the Miami coaches this week about the recent allegations, so look for this to be a step in the right direction for Miami re-solidifying him in the class. He also recently visited UCF and USF, who I don't see as legitimate threats. Another team I watch out for is Wisconsin, who he has always liked and obviously likes there style, as any running back would.

I am not 100% sure that FSU would take as it stands right now. They hold a commitment from Ryan Green, one of the top backs in Florida (as Collins is) as well as 2014 RB Joseph Yearby. Some FSU people I've talked to don't think he would be able to commit at this moment. Either way, the Noles are a serious threat and their staff loves him. He blew them away at camp last week.

A rising senior day trip for Collins would be huge for Miami in solidifying him. Look for him to be down here on August 12th.

Advertisement
Yeah I keep hearing its between FSU and freaking Wisconsin of all places. Not keeping my fingers crossed for this RB.

Advertisement
Collins is a beast and I like him more than Ryan Green, who is also beastly.

Sucks because even if he does decide on Miami his grades arent so good.

Advertisement
I wouldn't really compare this to Northrup. He was from an area that Miami never gets anybody from and is all-Nole. Collins is in Miami territory and even if he could commit to the Noles right now, I don't think he's made up his mind.

Advertisement
japancane said:
post camp high. He'll be back in the fold after August 12th.

This is more Than a post-camp high. He has had legitimate interest for a while. I have continued to say that I believe he sticks, but it will be a wait-and-see

Advertisement
japancane said:
post camp high. He'll be back in the fold after August 12th.

This is more Than a post-camp high. He has had legitimate interest for a while. I have continued to say that I believe he sticks, but it will be a wait-and-see

With Freeman, Green and Yearby - how much is depth chart a concern with Collins? Or will depth not be a major factor in his recruitment?

bshaw28 said:
With Freeman, Green and Yearby - how much is depth chart a concern with Collins? Or will depth not be a major factor in his recruitment?

I'm not sure, but I should be interviewing him within the next few days, I'll ask him

I wouldn't really compare this to Northrup. He was from an area that Miami never gets anybody from and is all-Nole. Collins is in Miami territory and even if he could commit to the Noles right now, I don't think he's made up his mind.

And his mom wants him at Miami while I believe Northrup's dad was pro-FSU although he was very respectful towards Miami.

Advertisement
Back