Al Blades or Nate Webster of this team?

pimpcane1

Junior
After watching the U part 2 many weeks ago got me to think. Who are the Al Blades or Nate Websters of this team? You know the guy that leads this team by scaring the **** out of them; that sets the locker room toughness of this team. I can't think of one person on this team that fits that description. Can anyone think of one?

So if there isn't one on this team, who do you blame for this? Is Al to blame for not recruiting these type of players or does Shalala not allow this type of behavior in the locker room any more?

Advertisement
Nobody......A Nate Webster or Al Blades clone is what this team need.....but with that being said Al Golden is the head coach....

Advertisement
B9vqMsaIcAAe5VG.jpg

They are not Blade or Webster, but they are our current leaders on the team. An a lot will be expected from them.

I think Chad Thomas has the potential to be that type of guy.

Ed Reed said that he and Dorsey ran a lot of the practices in 2001. I can see Kaaya being a guy like Ken Dorsey was in that regard.

Advertisement
I think Chad Thomas has the potential to be that type of guy.

Ed Reed said that he and Dorsey ran a lot of the practices in 2001. I can see Kaaya being a guy like Ken Dorsey was in that regard.

Both Reed and Dorsey had the stage set up for them to lead by the time they were seniors by Al Blades. Who is setting up the stage for Thomas and Kaaya to be leading?

Last edited:
View attachment 29749

They are not Blade or Webster, but they are our current leaders on the team. An a lot will be expected from them.

True Sophomores should not be leading our team. No wonder there are unity problems with the older and younger players.

I don't know. Talent and social maturity tend to play the biggest factors. Kaaya is the QB and returning Frosh AA.

Advertisement
View attachment 29749

True Sophomores should not be leading our team. No wonder there are unity problems with the older and younger players.

I don't know. Talent and social maturity tend to play the biggest factors. Kaaya is the QB and returning Frosh AA.

I agree talent and maturity are factors into being a leader. But experience is the biggest factor. Kaaya should have some say as he is the director of offense and the QB should always be a put in a leadership position eventually. But even Dorsey was able to lead the offense while waiting until his senior season to take leadership of the team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shalala and AG do not want that toughness in the program. Every vocal kid has been muzzled. We don't even celebrate after a big play let alone have a vocal leader like Blades

View attachment 29749

Well if an upperclassman wants to lead instead of ***** about it, it would be refreshing....at least someone is trying.

Advertisement
Back