Al Blades Jr

Scouting Report: Blades has really blossomed on the camp circuit. He's adding size with each passing month and has totally dominated every event he's recently attended. The still-growing defensive back has long arms and incredibly developed ball skills. If he retains his athleticism as he develops physically, he could be a truly special player.

Offers and Interest: Blades made an early commitment to Miami, a school to which he has heavy family ties (father is former 'Cane Al Blades and uncles are former 'Canes Bennie Blades and Brian Blades). He has since been on record saying he plans to sign with the Hurricanes regardless of what the future holds. His pledge is thought to be as solid as one can be this far removed from National Signing Day.

National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell's take: The Miami Hurricane legacy lives on in Bennie and Brian as his father, Al, tragically passed back in 2003. I expect this kid to be a 'Cane regardless of the coaching situation in Miami and despite the fact that he's years away from signing. He gets better and better with each event and the instincts we didn't quite get to see flourish at the Rivals Camp Series Presented by Under Armour in Miami have been beyond present in each event since. As he gets bigger and stronger and adds weight, he has a chance to be a great one. -

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The rise of the Canes has always coincided with the arrival of a Blades, and so it will continue...hopefully (coaching changes helped too)

Al Blades Jr by all accounts is everything we expect and are hearing. 5 star talent, plays with heart, has some swag. He will be our derwin james.

I predict that he will be transferring to STA at some point during his HS career. I have no inside info but that's usually the next stop for kids of this caliber who are already at a private school.

He will finish what his dad started. His dad missed a ring by a year and didn't get a full shot in the league. Blades Jr has a chance to do both.

Advertisement
Great player. Glad family played here, so he will follow suit. If no family, he would not, kid is that good and everyone in country will want him.

Advertisement
Got his 5th star today on 247. Top 40 overall player, top 5 at CB.

Should continue to go up before 2018.

Advertisement
Uh oh... Reporter wrong?

⚜Al Blades ⚜ ‏@AlBlades_Jr 2m2 minutes ago

I have not transferred to STA I still attend USchool

Advertisement
Back